Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Article: What is "My Charlton"?

2»

Comments

• Options

JamesSeed said:

It was the club that led to me growing up as a Millwall fan.

Thank your grandfather for me not doing my first ever flag , those there words above make me wanna vomit ...

Only Charlton could treat its greatest ever manager that way and lead to his family supporting the lowest form of life team .

And we've probably lost Karel Fraeye's grandchildren too.
  • Options
    #prayforfraeye
  • Options

#prayforfraeye

I do, every day, kneeling before a little shrine I made.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

#prayforfraeye

I do, every day, kneeling before a little shrine I made.
    You and that Pete whatshisname user who seemed to have an unhealthy relationship with the laundry basket man
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

It was the club that led to me growing up as a Millwall fan.

Thank your grandfather for me not doing my first ever flag , those there words above make me wanna vomit ...

Only Charlton could treat its greatest ever manager that way and lead to his family supporting the lowest form of life team .

Only temporarily. My dad was a regular on the Covered End before he met my mum (he was in the army, billeted in Woolwich after the war). Always supported Charlton, but also followed all the clubs JS had been involved with.

I don't remember JS getting particularly excited in the directors' box at the Den, not like he did when he managed Charlton and couldn't sit down for more than a minute at a time.
    And I was too young to know better.
    I do now.
  • Options
    My Charlton was the mid-table div 1side that battled it's way into the premier league before returning to div 1... It then got relegated again and was still MY CHARLTON... We got promoted again and were still my charlton as we finished mid table, then the following season it stopped being my charlton....

It became his play toy to bring players accross to that he wondered if they could play English football... many of them couldn't.