Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 1-0 Bristol Rovers

many thanks to the 77 Lifers who gave marks, this compares with 58 for the first home game last season against Northampton
imageimage

Comments

• Surprised Fosu pipped Kashi, but there were so many good performances on Saturday. Amazed that Holmes made the most blocks

I can understand subs and injured players who only play a few minutes not getting a mark, but Novak seems a bit lucky not to get a mark!
  • LL Bristol Rovers had Sercombe yellow carded.
  • edited August 2017
    Dansk_Red said:

LL Bristol Rovers had Sercombe yellow carded.

thanks DR - have amended the table
  • Surprised Fosu pipped Kashi, but there were so many good performances on Saturday. Amazed that Holmes made the most blocks

I can understand subs and injured players who only play a few minutes not getting a mark, but Novak seems a bit lucky not to get a mark!

Assumed its Holmes who had his shots blocked, rather than doing the blocking?

Assumed its Holmes who had his shots blocked, rather than doing the blocking?
    No he blocked quite a few. One of them made the highlights vid. Works hard defensively.
  • in the stats a blocked shot is one where the player shoots and someone blocks the shot, not the other wat round
  • in the stats a blocked shot is one where the player shoots and someone blocks the shot, not the other wat round

Thanks!

What's also amazing is that we only committed 8 fouls all match, with Bauer and Holmes making none, incredible discipline not to give anything away

Thanks!

What's also amazing is that we only committed 8 fouls all match, with Bauer and Holmes making none, incredible discipline not to give anything away
    That's weird. I remember Holmes going in two footed, drawing a gasp from the crowd, as it was only about ten mins after Novak's challenge. I think it led to a free kick, and we were relieved when it didn't earn a card?
  • edited August 2017
    JamesSeed said:

in the stats a blocked shot is one where the player shoots and someone blocks the shot, not the other wat round

Thanks!

That's weird. I remember Holmes going in two footed, drawing a gasp from the crowd, as it was only about ten mins after Novak's challenge. I think it led to a free kick, and we were relieved when it didn't earn a card?
    Yeah, that led to a free kick. Was astonished that he didn't get a card for it.
  • JamesSeed said:

in the stats a blocked shot is one where the player shoots and someone blocks the shot, not the other wat round

Thanks!

Yes, for a moment it looked bad!
    I'm in SW11 btw. Are you a Wimbledonite?
  • Sponsored links:

Thanks!

I seem to be writing complete bollocks on this thread, apologies :smile:

I meant Bauer and PEARCE, a brilliant effort by the CBs. Holmes did indeed commit 3 fouls from the stats, I do worry about the way he sometimes lunges in, at some point he'll see red for it
  • edited August 2017
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Thanks!

Yes, for a moment it looked bad!
    I'm in SW11 btw. Are you a Wimbledonite?
    No, I'm not. I actually live in Woolwich but was in the middle of a seven year stay in the Streatham/Norbury area when I joined this forum. :smile: