Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Womens Euro 2017

Comments

• Options
    Denmark 1-0 up inside first ten minutes.
  • Options
    1-1 only a couple of minutes later!
  • Options
    2-1 to Netherlands
  • Options
    2-2

Mad game this.
  • Options
    3-2 to the Dutch ladies.
  • Options
    4-2 now with a couple of minutes left.
  • Options
    Well done to the Netherlands. First time winners.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Well done to both teams. Best football of the tournament by a mile. England would have struggled against either sides.
  • Options
    "Sampson CUCKED by LIBTARDED BLACK SNOWFLAKES, England lies DEAD with a SWORD marked POLITICAL CORRECTNESS in its breast"

- the entire fucking internet right now
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Raises the question though as to why half the England team remained in support of Mark Sampson though... Including Steph Houghton who as the Captain of the women's team is surely going to work closer with him than anyone else

Its almost like the FA have paid Aluko £80k to keep quiet because they've not wanted to risk a scandal without looking into any facts that might make them look bad when there is potential nothing there... Not forgetting that TWO investigations have taken place with both of them coming out in favour of Sampson

Ultimately if true its almost a case of Sampson being forced to resign because his reputation is so damaged its beyond repair!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No smoke without fire!
  • Options
    Apparently more people are coming forward now. We'll see.
  • Options
    He's a crap manager anyway. Awful tactics in the Euros. Won't miss him. Obviously it's wrong if the allegations are false, but are they? As I say, we'll see.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Well he's resigned.

Too early to express an opinion one way or the other but my daughter and I both thought Aluko was somewhat ungracious about the other strikers when she was a pundit during the Euros. We surmised at the time that perhaps she had the hump at not playing but maybe there is more to it.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Leuth said:

He's a crap manager anyway. Awful tactics in the Euros. Won't miss him. Obviously it's wrong if the allegations are false, but are they? As I say, we'll see.

Had a win percentage of 62% and took England Woman further in the World Cup and Euros than anyone else...

If only the men's team could find someone like that...
  • Options
    It really does seem as though that £80k was meant to stop Aluko from going to the press and creating a scandal whilst they quietly looked into the situation and worked out how to proceed - She's ignored them which has made the pay off public and will forever create the "smoke without fire" opinion about him
  • Options
    Lasted Aluko tweet has done her any favours message wrote: "It goes without saying I'm delighted, relieved, blessed to be sat where I am right now. Blessings in disguise are often the best blessings. For the most together team in the world tonight's "message" only shows a level of disrespect that represents division and selfish action".
    She may have been badly treated and new allegations will probably see Sampson will leave his post. This might be the correct thing to do but professionally it would be wise for her not to get invovled and let the original story do the talking.
  • Options
    The FA over-reacted with regard to Big Sam and England lost a very good manager, seems like they are doing it again
  • Options

The FA over-reacted with regard to Big Sam and England lost a very good manager, seems like they are doing it again

The FA can hardly be accused of overreacting - they've desperately tried to ignore the accusations and their 'independent investigation was pretty pathetic. I'm assuming Sampson will now go into victim mode.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

What about Harry Redknapp?
  • Options

Someone call ?
  • Options
    I have no idea as to the truth or otherwise of the allegations. But I am deeply disappointed with Aluko. She should have handled her concerns privately with Sampson.
    It smacks of bitterness for being dropped and a hunt for compensation.
  • Options
    im sure the lady who is one of the "victims" and paid £80k to keep shstum will donate the money to victim support now she is speaking in the mass media
  • Options
    Daggs said:

I have no idea as to the truth or otherwise of the allegations. But I am deeply disappointed with Aluko. She should have handled her concerns privately with Sampson.

The key part of your post is that you have no idea as to the truth of what happened.
    Wait it'll all come out in the next few days. Then pontificate.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

Daggs said:

Daggs said:

Yes that would have worked. No problems with racism in football are there? Let's blame her instead.
  • Options
    He was sacked for a safeguarding "issue" whilst manager of Bristol Academy.

Language from the FA appears to suggest he had a relationship with a player which has allowed them to sack him. The FA categorically state he broke no laws so one assumes the girl in question is at least 16.

• Options
    Daggs said:

Yes that would have worked. No problems with racism in football are there? Let's blame her instead.

Racism? Or snowflake generation?

Anyway as recently stated by 'daddy pig' Sampson has been sacked for some issue while at Bristol.
    How convenient.
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

He was sacked for a safeguarding "issue" whilst manager of Bristol Academy.

Language from the FA appears to suggest he had a relationship with a player which has allowed them to sack him. The FA categorically state he broke no laws so one assumes the girl in question is at least 16.

Wtf I haven't seen anything even remotely to suggest that

Do you have a link