Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scapegoat for coming season

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jackson

I read on here his legs were gone four years ago but he's still our first choice left back.
  • Options
    Isn't coming season around Valentines?

It'll be Holmes.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Come
    Live love laugh and be happy
  • Options

watt

You heard!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

hate these sort of threads, which are basically 'lets dig out the fans'

football supporters always have split opinions on players, and not all of them will be positive. That's the nature of the beast.

Anyone who abuses our own players needs thorough and repeated digging out
    agree to a certain extent, but an outburst like that tosser roger was fair game spending the best part of a £100 for a match ticket and train fares, the fella plays like a C**T then gets the hump, jog on, the UNFAIR criticism of players is tedious on both here and at the matches, but its football for you everyone is a manager. and some of the reasons why i have friends that wont watch games in pubs as they get the hump with it.
  • Options
    and we are no different to any club, reminds me of the threads that get raised on charlton fans disgusting behaviour and ill have a punt the 1st one will be after gillingham.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Roland would be my ticket. Just for selling Tex and potentially Ceballos (who apparently had no idea until late last week that he was POTENTIALLY off to STVV)

Expect Bauer to be up there as some people won't admit Phillips isn't good enough. Sarr will be there too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's make it the England Cricket team.
  • Options
    Keith Peacock. I remember in the early days when comments like ' hit him with your handbag Peacock' abounded.
  • Options
    i reckon we should mix it up a bit and pick out 1 steward and just verbally destroy them for 90 mins every other week, maybe even pick one of their colleagues to idolize for the season and ultimately vote player of the season
  • Options
    The first player to miss a pass, in the first match.
  • Options

Leuth said:

hate these sort of threads, which are basically 'lets dig out the fans'

football supporters always have split opinions on players, and not all of them will be positive. That's the nature of the beast.

Anyone who abuses our own players needs thorough and repeated digging out
    agree to a certain extent, but an outburst like that tosser roger was fair game spending the best part of a £100 for a match ticket and train fares, the fella plays like a C**T then gets the hump, jog on, the UNFAIR criticism of players is tedious on both here and at the matches, but its football for you everyone is a manager. and some of the reasons why i have friends that wont watch games in pubs as they get the hump with it.
    Agreed, but those were unique (er, hopefully) circumstances. It wasn't just saying that to supporters, which is rubbish but we all do things in the heat of the moment, and if you give it (i.e. supporters) then sometimes you need to be prepared to give some back.

For me what was almost worse was not coming out and saying "I'm sorry, I said something in the heat of the moment, it was stupid, obviously I didn't mean it, thank you for your support." He seemed to say it through Slade, or Slade said something vague about talking to him. That's not good enough for me. We all make mistakes, we all say dumb things, but part of being an adult is coming out and owning up to it.
  • Options
    CARD
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

The first player to miss a pass, in the first match.

Sarr it is then.
  • Options
    Instead of having a P.O.T.Y. we could have a W.O.T.Y. The winner would do a lap of dishonour, and get roundly booed all the way round.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Instead of having a P.O.T.Y. we could have a W.O.T.Y. The winner would do a lap of dishonour, and get roundly booed all the way round.

Perhaps we could have a trophy as well? And the winner of the Carl Leaburn Cup is............
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I'll be glad when the season starts. Sink.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm with @AFKABartram on this. Funny thread to have. Yep, there are many good reasons why this season might go pear shaped but I don't see the value of this thread. I hate this regime but I don't want us to fail. I think that sounds like a contradiction to some but picking a scapegoat before a ball has been kicked in anger doesn't make sense to me.
  • Options
    Jodie Whittaker?
  • Options
    Teresa May
  • Options
    Darren Purse for me.........surely his legs have gone at last!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    For the record.....although I admit I have contributed (albeit in a humours fashion) this thread is not really to my liking.
    Quite understandably, we are all more than a little down in the dumps of late with the lousy way the club is being run and it's clearly reflected in the feel and general apathy on this forum.
    How about a thread asking who we think will be our player of the season come next May.
    I think I'll start one.

• Options

Darren Purse has been linked with us for so long that he deserves a testimonial.
  • Options

I'll be glad when the season starts. Sink.

I'll be glad when it's over!

Thought I'd get it in early.

• Options

Perhaps we could have a trophy as well? And the winner of the Carl Leaburn Cup is............

Big Mak! Has to be the most roundly booed Charlton player in living memory.
  • Options
    I reckon it should be that Seb lad. Goes to all the games and hasn't brought us much luck.

Only joking. Wouldn't it good for once, if people didn't feel the urge to boo any of our players?
  • Options

Darren Purse has been linked with us for so long that he deserves a testimonial.
    He'd have to share the proceeds with Hayden Mullins though