Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

50 Million for Kyle Walker!!!

13»

Comments

• Options

SDAddick said:

JohnBoyUK said:

In all honesty, I fear for Walker at City. I wish him all the best as he's been a good servant to Spurs but without Alderweirald covering and coaching him through every game and without the likes of Wanyama and Dembele mopping up in front of him, it wont be long before he is found out big time.

I tend to agree. I think the pressing intensity Pep wants at City will mask some of his errors.
    If Pep can buy a keeper because he's better with his feet, then I imagine actual defending won't be a priority for his full backs anyway!
    I think La Liga (x2) and Copa America (x2) winner Claudio Bravo will come good this year.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

In all honesty, I fear for Walker at City. I wish him all the best as he's been a good servant to Spurs but without Alderweirald covering and coaching him through every game and without the likes of Wanyama and Dembele mopping up in front of him, it wont be long before he is found out big time.

But he's probably got a 3/4 year contract on 150K per week, will he even care if he is found out? So many players these days seem happy to be squad players & lets face it, if you're going to be a squad player at spurs on 70k you may as well be a squad player at city on 150k. It's all sad & obscene.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I tend to agree. I think the pressing intensity Pep wants at City will mask some of his errors.
    If Pep can buy a keeper because he's better with his feet, then I imagine actual defending won't be a priority for his full backs anyway!
    I think La Liga (x2) and Copa America (x2) winner Claudio Bravo will come good this year.
    Doubt he'll get too many games unless Ederson either gets injured or proves to be even worse!
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

But he's probably got a 3/4 year contract on 150K per week, will he even care if he is found out? So many players these days seem happy to be squad players & lets face it, if you're going to be a squad player at spurs on 70k you may as well be a squad player at city on 150k. It's all sad & obscene.
    The thing is he's not going to be a squad player. They are so short of full backs they will probably try and play him at LB and RB at the same time...
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Not sure he will get near the starting XI tbh.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    SDAddick said:

colthe3rd said:

One of the most overrated players of recent times.

Don't agree on what I have seen over last couple of years, really improved IMO since Pochettino went Spurs. However, I do agree that 50mil is unbelievable, even in this day and age.
    I agree that he has improved. I think some of that is down to a system of pressing where he played as a wingback even before they went to three-at-the-back. But what City will presumably want to build is a team capable of winning the league and the Champions League and I feel Walker is short of that.

All this said, how many right backs of the highest quality are out there in the game? Bellerin is very good and would fit the system and I think would count as hoemgrown, but I believe they sounded him out at one point and he's happy at Arsenal.
    Conti who just signed for milan is 10x the player of walker and cost them I think 18 million. There are a lot of decent right backs out there but our problem is we only watch the EPL and Sky and BT brainwash us into believing it's the be all and end all.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Great another English player who'll get slagged off constantly for going for too much money, completely out of his control.
    Already people are acting like he's a bad player and finding ways to criticise. There's a reason why they've signed him, he's one of the best full backs in the prem.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

SDAddick said:

colthe3rd said:

One of the most overrated players of recent times.

Don't agree on what I have seen over last couple of years, really improved IMO since Pochettino went Spurs. However, I do agree that 50mil is unbelievable, even in this day and age.
    I agree that he has improved. I think some of that is down to a system of pressing where he played as a wingback even before they went to three-at-the-back. But what City will presumably want to build is a team capable of winning the league and the Champions League and I feel Walker is short of that.

All this said, how many right backs of the highest quality are out there in the game? Bellerin is very good and would fit the system and I think would count as hoemgrown, but I believe they sounded him out at one point and he's happy at Arsenal.
    Conti who just signed for milan is 10x the player of walker and cost them I think 18 million. There are a lot of decent right backs out there but our problem is we only watch the EPL and Sky and BT brainwash us into believing it's the be all and end all.
    I don't think many fans are brainwashed by Sky and BT to think that our players are worldbeaters, the regular failures by England AND the lack of success in the CL in recent years have rather shown us up.
  • Options
    Sky Sports subscriptions down this year by aboout 15-20% I read somewhere. Perhaps people are starting to become tired of endless Super Sundays. Woe betide a small club with big wages to pay if the money starts drying up after this latest round of Sky/BT/overseas contracts.