Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2017/8 Football Season Ante Post Betting Predictions

Comments

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Not a bad Saturdays work :smiley:

Now put up your losing one's :smiley:
  • Options
    No way lol. Still a huge profit on the losing ones
  • Options
    I predict that anyone getting their predictions right will post up their winning slips, the 80% who don't get it right we will never hear from again on this thread... :wink:
  • Options

I predict that anyone getting their predictions right will post up their winning slips, the 80% who don't get it right we will never hear from again on this thread... :wink:

I BET you are right: )
  • Options

When selecting you divisional winner - consider backing them with an equal stake each week in their matches instead.

You would be surprised at the difference in profit amount, should you be correct.

The figures for Chelsea and Newcastle last season show returns far greater than a simple outright bet on them to win their divisions.

I will be doing this on Pompey for the coming season, who are about 3/1 to win L1.

I am surprised at this. Do you have any evidence to back this up? I assume you have taken account of tax.
  • Options
    What has tax got to do with anything?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

You need to give up your day job mate.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Are you a politician by any chance ?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Nicholas said:

You need to give up your day job mate.
    Ha ha no chance lucky day yesterday. Glad football is back though the horses have killed me this month. Time to give up on them I think.
  • Options
    Some thoughts on the FL this season.

Premier League:

Chelsea, again. City to be stronger.

Championship:
    Fulham/Middlesbrough. Suspect Villa might finish top 6. I might tip Bristol City to get relegated.

League One:
    Portsmouth/Charlton. Bury (as someone else pointed out) could be a threat this year. Wigan to be top 6. Blackburn to struggle similar to us last season.

League Two:
    Mansfield. Notts County are a decent shout. Swindon top 6.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hey. I'm no betting man but I've spotted a serious opportunity for you all. Huddersfield are ODDS-ON to go down. I shit you not. ODDS-ON.

Put the fucking house on them to stay up.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Hey. I'm no betting man but I've spotted a serious opportunity for you all. Huddersfield are ODDS-ON to go down. I shit you not. ODDS-ON.

One slight flaw in your plan, they've got by far the worst squad in the league.
  • Options
    What are the odds on Leeds being on TV more often than any other club outside of the Premier League
  • Options
    Leuth said:

No thanks . I quite like my house
  • Options
    Leuth said:

What price would you make them to go down then?
  • Options
    the relegation favourites are often odds on at start of season
  • Options
    Don't get the love in for Villa making them Championship favs. They were garbage last year, and an aging John Terry won't fix that. Have bought some decent players but this league is going to be savagely competitive this year. Newcastle were much stronger and won the league in the last minute!

Only bets I've had so far are Fulham at 10/1. Shot ratio last year was third behind Brighton and Newcastle, and clear of the rest. Held onto best players and should go well again I think.

Blackburn at 11/2 could absolutely smash our league. Was on them to go down last year and they ended up being desperately unlucky. Players like Whittingham and Dack should improve them and division looks weak this year to me.

I want to back Reading to go down, but want bigger than 16/1 currently out there. Their shot stats last year should've seen them at the other end of table and with the league looking stronger this year I think they could regress. Want to find angle to be against them but not found it yet!

League 2 revolves around how successful Mansfield's recruitment pays off! Could be cut above everyone but price now reflects that. Think Lincoln could go well but 12/1 about the right price tbh
  • Options

Leuth said:

I think they'll finish 13th or 14th tbh

I'd say....15/1. I think it's completely mispriced. They're making some amazing signings and they have a proper manager
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

I'd say....15/1. I think it's completely mispriced. They're making some amazing signings and they have a proper manager
    15/1?! West Ham are 9/1 to go down, Leicester 14/1, Stoke 7/1, Bournemouth 6/1.

I'll have a few quid with you on them to go down if you're offering odds of 15/1.
  • Options
    Promoted teams get relegated 45% of the time. So, just going off that alone they should be 6/5, 5/4 ish

Can make the case they are too short but 15/1 means you think they have a 6.25% chance of going down?! Don't think their signings are that great and fully expect them to fair worse of the promoted sides.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

15/1 would be crazy odds for the play off winners to go straight back down. Only the big 7 clubs plus Southampton are longer odds than that!

Who are their amazing signings anyway? I know they signed Mooy permanently and also Tom Ince but not sure who else they've got. Agree that their manager is decent though.

I think a lot will depend on their home form. They'll probably need to do a Burnley to stay up, as i can't see them getting into double figures of away points.
  • Options
    Blackburn will struggle this year. I'm convinced of it. A club in decline.
  • Options
    15/1 LOL
  • Options
    I told you I wasn't into betting! Fine, they'd be 5/1 then. It's all arbitrary ;)

They've signed Mounie (scored LOADS in Ligue 1 last season), a Belgian international forward, one of Denmark's first-choice defenders and Scott Malone, who's very decent, along with Ince, Mooy etc. They're building a very decent squad indeed.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Please, please open a bookies.
  • Options
    Coral's predicted league 1 table
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I told you I wasn't into betting! Fine, they'd be 5/1 then. It's all arbitrary ;)

They've signed Mounie (scored LOADS in Ligue 1 last season), a Belgian international forward, one of Denmark's first-choice defenders and Scott Malone, who's very decent, along with Ince, Mooy etc. They're building a very decent squad indeed.

Just googled him. Loads? He scored 14! In a worse league. Be lucky to get double figures over here.
    Foreign guys will be hit n miss, none have ever played here so you don't know how they'll adjust.
  • Options
    14 feels like loads given what we've had to deal with
  • Options
    This is me for the season.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Leuth said:

Leuth said:

15/1?! West Ham are 9/1 to go down, Leicester 14/1, Stoke 7/1, Bournemouth 6/1.

I'll have a few quid with you on them to go down if you're offering odds of 15/1.
    Few quid Mr largo more like
    Leuth I've sold me house can I have £250000 @ 15/1 please