Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poll of the Week: Ricky Holmes (SIGNED NEW CONTRACT TO 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Or has he?
  • Options

sam3110 said:

there is a reason why Sheff Utd are still interested, they will have had encouragement from one party or another to keep up their persuit

And thos parties are probably Wilder and Ricky's agent
    the fact he hasn't signed an improved contract is in itself telling
    Or his agent is advising Ricky to hold out for better terms offered with all the speculation around.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

sam3110 said:

there is a reason why Sheff Utd are still interested, they will have had encouragement from one party or another to keep up their persuit

Or his agent is advising Ricky to hold out for better terms offered with all the speculation around.
    His agent may be advising him to do all sorts, but does he have to take his advice ?? A solicitor may advise you to do a "no comment" interview if you are ever being questioned by the police - but you can decide yourself what is best.

imo Ricky should sign or bugger off - why mess people around ?
  • Options
    Poll of the week ?

Didnt even see the other entries.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

It's all about the money.

If an acceptable offer comes in he'll go.

This.
    He's a headless chicken sometimes anyway.
    Headless chicken wins poty impressive
  • Options

cor blimey the poll is as close as Brexit :open_mouth:

Let's hope we're still debating whether Ricky will stay in a years time!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Poll of the week ?

Didnt even see the other entries.

Typo - should be poll of the weak.
  • Options
    IMO Holmes will stay. Hes currently our best player & he can also see the players we have already brought in & the few we are still chasing.
    I think he will give Charlton another season to see if we can get promoted.
    If we don't go up then I would expect him to take offers next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everyone has their price particularly on planet Roland. I assume it's a bargaining position that is being adopted or Sheff U have (sensibly) set an upper limit and are losing interest. He's not that special, especially at Championship standard.
  • Options
    I doubt there is too much between the offers that Charlton and Sheffield Utd have made to Ricky. Both at his stage of his career are probably pretty good.

I genuinely don't think the club want to sell him unless the offer is ridiculous or Ricky makes it very clear he wants out. At present neither have happened.

Personally I don't buy the Ireland trip as the reason he hasn't yet put pen to paper. I think RH is waiting to see if Sheffield Utd make an offer he can't refuse. I doubt Holmes has had official contact with Wilder but we all know that means nothing.

At this point I think it's 50/50 as to whether he remains at The Valley.
  • Options
    The remainers are well in front #keep ricky
  • Options
    Maybe he's already signed it and is under an embargo not to say - so that when we miss out on Reeves they can use the Holmes announcement to soften the news...
  • Options
    Let's not fall Into the Kermy trap again - he has a year to go, so play your football and walk at the end.

If we sell him now and make a million profit - can we get a player as good as him ?

I don't think so - we are a poxy mid table league one team (at best) and we had a job convincing the new bloke from Reading (?) to come to us.
  • Options
    All the while it is rumoured the blades or anyone else are sniffing around him, we are at risk of losing him. Roland adds his particular brand of dribbling fuckwittery fuelled by any whiff of €uros, as soon as his arbitrarily ascribed valuation for RH is met roly will sanction the sale. In the mind of the septuagenarian shit4brains Charlton's squad is well stocked with equal replacements: i.e. Any geezer identified as a midfielder. I hope I'm wrong but that shy mangey old leopard ain't about to change his spots.
  • Options
    Just see him in the BP garage on widmore road. Told him to stay at Charlton, he ignored it and said "What's appnin mate"
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Just see him in the BP garage on widmore road. Told him to stay at Charlton, he ignored it and said "What's appnin mate"

Did you get a chance to see if his sat nav was set for Sheffield? Did he head off in a northerly direction with his tank full? I think I need to call a journo.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

I'd be a bit confused as to why he is back from the tour?!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

J BLOCK said:

I'd be a bit confused as to why he is back from the tour?!
    Everyone flew back for the weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

J BLOCK said:

Did you get a chance to see if his sat nav was set for Sheffield? Did he head off in a northerly direction with his tank full? I think I need to call a journo.
    I didn't, decent motor though
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

I didn't, decent motor though
    Seems he asked the question you should have :-)
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Bugger I drove past there at 8.40. He must have been in there. Riiiiccccccccccckkkkkkkkky.
  • Options

The remainers are well in front #keep ricky

almost 52/48 crikey another vote is needed.
  • Options
    I'd argue you don't have the mandate to initiate this referendum.
  • Options

I'd argue you don't have the mandate to initiate this referendum.

Or I say I didnt know what I was voted on.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

His agent may be advising him to do all sorts, but does he have to take his advice ?? A solicitor may advise you to do a "no comment" interview if you are ever being questioned by the police - but you can decide yourself what is best.

He's not messing anyone around. He can't make the decision on staying or going unless the clubs actually agree on a fee for him.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

sam3110 said:

He's not messing anyone around. He can't make the decision on staying or going unless the clubs actually agree on a fee for him.
    Or, a price and contract terms to stay.

• Options
    Set to sign new deal according to RC
  • Options
    Great news. I told you people I was confident he was staying. Now for the announcement and we can move forward with the transfer targets.