Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

StPancras To Euston

2»

Comments

• Options
    Derek1952 said:

Thanks to every one.The reason for asking is last year I nearly fell down an Escalator and its made me a little nervous about going on the undeground.Iam 74 and will have trolly/luggage and a camera case round my neck,so probably will take a bit longer.

The walk may be a little quicker once someone has liberated the camera case from around your neck.
    Not a pisstake, but something you may wish to consider.
  • Options
    As it is just me going there is no body to carry camera case.But thanks for advice.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Derek1952 said:

As it is just me going there is no body to carry camera case.But thanks for advice.

Keep it out of sight Derek!
  • Options
    I cannot keep it out of sight its too big.Its not just camera it other photography equipment,lens,charger,memory cards,B&W filters.Is that area a bit dodgy more than any where else in London.You have made me a little scared.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

I cannot keep it out of sight its too big.Its not just camera it other photography equipment,lens,charger,memory cards,B&W filters.Is that area a bit dodgy more than any where else in London.You have made me a little scared.

The area is fine, but in general carrying that type of expensive equipment in full view around your neck isn't ideal...
  • Options

It's not bad Derek but like any major transport hub you need to aware of the risk of theft.
  • Options
    Perhaps I should catch the tube after all.
  • Options
    Bloody hell it's Euston Road, not Moss Side. I'm sure you'll be fine Derek. I'm sure you'd be safer walking than on a crowded tube.
  • Options
    I have carried it for nine previous years and been ok,but that not to say it won't happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Derek......you're not a youngster anymore (I know the feeling), your'e not in anymore danger there than anywhere else really......as you can't hide it away just be a little more careful......as I am nowadays.
  • Options
    Sorry,I ment going on holiday for Nine Years.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Sorry,I ment going on holiday for Nine Years.

Sure it will be fine and you will be safe walking tbh.
  • Options
    Thanks again to those who have taken the trouble to reply.You might think it was a silly question to ask,but was curious to know if I COULD walk it in time to catch my train at Euston.
  • Options
    Let us know how you got on Derek.
  • Options
    Get on the Circle Line at Kings Cross and head east. It's a lovely ride to Euston Square.
  • Options
    From the pavement on Euston Road outside St Panc to the pavement on Euston outside Euston station takes me just over 5 minutes. Maybe 7.
  • Options
    Not going untill mid July but will tell how it went.
  • Options

Derek1952 said:

I have carried it for nine previous years and been ok,but that not to say it won't happen.

You have taken it off though in those 9 years though right?
    Lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From the pavement on Euston Road outside St Panc to the pavement on Euston outside Euston station takes me just over 5 minutes. Maybe 7.

I always thought it was 6.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

I always thought it was 6.
    My record is 16min 32sec - but it wasn't exactly the shortest possible route in a straight line as I was very, very drunk.

• Options
    Rolf Harris used to be able to do this walk in under 8 minutes.

I think he used the route to practice his 'Jake the Peg' routine, that could be why it was so quick.

• Options
    Maybe he never passed a school?
  • Options

Up next, the walk from Charing Cross Station to Embankment tube.

Another easy walk. Best to stick to the embankment otherwise it can get a bit messy around Blackfriars. Embankment Gardens are always very pleasant.
  • Options

10-15 mins at average pace.

If it's you Derek and you give the impression that you may not be speedy, I'd say 15-20.

My wife would do it in about 25.

I thank-you.
  • Options
    How long does it take from Euston to St Pancras btw?
  • Options
    30 mins obviously as you're going backwards.