Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Terrace fashion collections of past

After reaching the age of 50 last year realised my trainer obsession had to stop and did thin out the collection 99% adidas still probably got 20 pairs of gazelles i just couldnt part with!
After sorting out my warddrobes and loft now realised i also had an obsession with trackie tops as well as trainers!
havent got round to the fila ones yet? Probaby 15 or more of them as well!
Time to thin these out as well as i think 50 is far to old to be wearing these although of course i look much younger! Well ive still got hair!

Comments

• I have an 18 year old son who will happily take any large file tops off your hands. Those Bjorn Borg ones will do.
  • Think there is quite a few borg ones some are origanals from the early/ mid 80s think most are medium which realy means small as they were undersized
  • Dont think i could get rid of the England admiral one .
    Well 2 realy as i liked it that much i brought a pair
  • Best ever England kits and tracksuits.
  • Quality merch.... keep'em in the vault.
  • Think there is quite a few borg ones some are origanals from the early/ mid 80s think most are medium which realy means small as they were undersized

Count me in!
  • Lovely collection there mate, love those. Dont part, you'll regret it

This. Don't even consider letting that lot go.
  • Should hold on to these in case the fashions come back round. I still have dungerees from 87 hoping for the day to return.
  • £20 the lot.

And I'll collect.
  • Sponsored links:

Probably worth a few quid too.

BOUGHT not BROUGHT.

• If it no longer fits you might as well let it go to a good home @TellyTubby

I know a Museum who would look after it.
  • I was wearing this in 1976 or 1977? I seem to struggle to get it on these days. Don't know why.

If you look carefully, you might see paddy Powell's signature. imageimageimage

You lucky bastard, my fav kit ever. If it was mine, I'd go on hunger strike until it fitted.
  • @Tavern this thread is for you mate

I showed this to Steve along with other things but he had no interest.
  • Don't those originals go for a mint on eBay?

I showed this to Steve along with other things but he had no interest.
    Who is Steve? @TellyTubby
  • I was wearing this in 1976 or 1977? I seem to struggle to get it on these days. Don't know why.

I recall getting the whole kit for Christmas - loved it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017

After reaching the age of 50 last year realised my trainer obsession had to stop and did thin out the collection 99% adidas still probably got 20 pairs of gazelles i just couldnt part with!
    After sorting out my warddrobes and loft now realised i also had an obsession with trackie tops as well as trainers!
    Time to thin these out as well as i think 50 is far to old to be wearing these although of course i look much younger! Well ive still got hair!

I'll be interested in any Fila/Ellesse tracksuit tops you might have.

Plus if you have any Pringle v-neck jumpers.

Was he using invisible ink ?

:smiley:
  • Which reminds me.

Drove passed Woolwich barracks they have what looks like the same fencing as the old valley
  • Should hold on to these in case the fashions come back round. I still have dungerees from 87 hoping for the day to return.

Your optimism inspires me. I won't, just yet, chuck out my '70s Kickers. (White with red stitching.)

• That collection is fantastic
  • After reaching the age of 50 last year realised my trainer obsession had to stop and did thin out the collection 99% adidas still probably got 20 pairs of gazelles i just couldnt part with!

I'll be interested in any Fila/Ellesse tracksuit tops you might have.

Plus if you have any Pringle v-neck jumpers.

My lyle & scott and pringles are long gone
    Did have a couple of ellesse tops that havent surfaced yet though