Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Complaint against Charlton steward upheld

The former Charlton manager mentioned is Theo Foley

Comments

• Ffs dont get our of your pram. Jesus.
  • Like the quote about if the Steward had spoken to him like that before he had the disability he would have knocked him out

Shocking however that this sort of shit still goes on
  • I'm glad that the club has accepted the recommendations, but what if they hadn't'? The worrying thing about that document is that it reads as if the IFO doesn't have any teeth.
  • Stig said:

I'm glad that the club has accepted the recommendations, but what if they hadn't'? The worrying thing about that document is that it reads as if the IFO doesn't have any teeth.

Had you heard of rhem before today i hadnt rhey prob have no teeth. If i was in this situation id now make a complaint to the SIA who license the steward.
  • I think you'll find the IFO can levy fines for clubs rejecting their recommendations. So it's kind of a do this or get a fine scenario.

I could be wrong but I thought this was the case otherwise why would the clubs tail be so deep between its legs?
  • edited June 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

I think you'll find the IFO can levy fines for clubs rejecting their recommendations. So it's kind of a do this or get a fine scenario.

I could be wrong but I thought this was the case otherwise why would the clubs tail be so deep between its legs?

Doesn't it say their recommendations are non binding?

Section 1

Line 6
  • The steward should be sent round personally to apologise.
  • So, whats happening with the 'steward' who attacked one of our fans?
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone know if it was Theos son Adrian who is now in a wheelchair,we played for Inter Fico together in the 70s was a really a great bloke and very decent player at our level then.
  • So that's now 3 different issues involving stewards at a Charlton home game from last season.

Coventry
    Gillingham
    Swindon
  • Despite my hatred of them, I can't really blame the regime for the incident. But the initial response to the complaint looks typically slow and half-hearted, just trying to fob it off. They have no idea about customer/fan engagement. No idea at all.
  • cabbles said:

Katrien has got to write to a fan. That's gotta be a first.

Yes. I'm yet to receive anything
    That's odd, I thought she was a giver..::
  • This is terrible, yet unsurprising.
  • Does anyone know if it was Theos son Adrian who is now in a wheelchair,we played for Inter Fico together in the 70s was a really a great bloke and very decent player at our level then.

I think it may have been Paul Foley, his brother
  • Sponsored links:

• Sad to think our once friendly, family club has sunk down to this level. I blame RD and KM, they set the standards.
  • I might have this wrong, but Tony Keohane and Katrien Meire seem to hold Charlton fans in utter contempt.
    Is there a platform where the positive contributions of those two are listed?
  • Davo55 said:

Despite my hatred of them, I can't really blame the regime for the incident. But the initial response to the complaint looks typically slow and half-hearted, just trying to fob it off. They have no idea about customer/fan engagement. No idea at all.

This was my initial reaction as well. No matter who owns the club, there will always be stewards who react poorly to situations or to whom the hi vis jacket feeds their God complex. And let's be honest, supporters with special needs are treated as second class citizens throughout football in this country.

That said, their response seems like it was half-hearted.

Also, apparently the disabled supporters liaison has left. Does anyone still work at the club?

Don't think it's Adrian, I think it's his youngest son.
    I used to go with Theos middle son to watch Adrian play at Inter Fico, might have seen you play Bert.
  • seth plum said:

I might have this wrong, but Tony Keohane and Katrien Meire seem to hold Charlton fans in utter contempt.
    Is there a platform where the positive contributions of those two are listed?

Do their positive contributions amount to a list? I'm hard pressed to think of anything let alone a list.
  • If you set out a tone from the top of Club vs Fans then this is the sort of shit that ends up happening
  • The Club smothering themselves in more glory.
  • Addicted said:

If you set out a tone from the top of Club vs Fans then this is the sort of shit that ends up happening

Agreed. Through the Lennie and Curbs years, this just wouldn't happen. The club was the fans in those days.
    Today, those in charge are, in KM's words, "At War" with the fans. Gives a steward a confrontational mindset, straightaway.
  • Remember Adrian playing for Welling - often saw Theo down there watching.

Adrian was a busy sort of player who could er, get his foot in, like his Dad apparently.