Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Training Ground 'dump'.

I often walk my dog around the training ground and surrounding fields and its increasingly looking like a Dump. Yes I know building works can be messy, but not this bad. The sparrows lane entrance is embarrassing, fences are rotten, the hedges inside the ground have been butchered, the entrance road has been dug up and patched. Works on the pitches seems painfully slow, ever only see a couple of blokes doing anything. To the north of the training ground is even worse. Areas around the new 4G pitches strewn with rubbish, the irrigation Lake has partially collapsed, and earth works from the new pitch at footscray rugby club have been dumped in near by fields. Along with any other rubbish they could find. And as for the clubs community office extension, it looks awful . The whole project looks uncoordinated, we shouldn't be surprised, anything to do with Katrien Meire normally is.

Comments

• It does look a right mess, but to be fair to 'the workers' I've been there a few times at 7pm the last few weeks and every time they are still working, predominantly on the pitches. They were cutting hedges the other day at gone 8pm.

The community office looks like much of Spain when the property crash hit, just a load of breeze blocks in a sort of shell like shape!
  • Well what do you expect if you put an ex sandwich seller in charge.
  • Get some pictures next time you're over there then!
  • I thought this was going to be about identifying who left that mess in trap 2 !!
  • I'll pop down there tomorrow and get some pics, it doesn't look good
  • Macronate said:

Ahh, Mr Orally

• Swisdom said:

It's a construction site so will look like a shit tip. Some of the construction sites our guys see when they are being handed over make Sparrows Lane look like an OCD housewife has been to stay

Why should it look like a tip?
    Its easy enough to work tidy and clear up as you go along. It also makes sense to from a health and safety point of view and there is less making good at the end of the project.
    Bad old working practice that gives the construction industry a well deserved bad name.
  • Sponsored links:

• If this project is being miss-managed i will be livid!!!
  • What phase are we on now?
    Has the twice announced begun phase II been completed?
  • Addickted said:

I can't believe this to be the case when there is highly experienced Project Manager controlling the works.

And it's his top priority.

I'm led to believe when asked for another excavator, his reply was 'Do you want fries with that'?

• Oh blimey, I forgot about the thought police for a minute. In case anyone's snooping: IT'S JUST A JOKE!
  • Addickted said:

DA9 said:

FFS, it's a building site, I deliver to them every day of the week, they don't generally work tidy as they go, as long as it's sorted before they leave what's the problem?

Lol
  • To be clear, the above has absolutely no intention of making Mr Keohane or his good family unduly worried.

He has a family???!!!!! How did that happen?!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017
    Addickted said:

DA9 said:

FFS, it's a building site, I deliver to them every day of the week, they don't generally work tidy as they go, as long as it's sorted before they leave what's the problem?

Some of you may think this slightly amusing......but in truth, the message is very true.
  • edited June 2017
    Surely it is both slighty amusing and also true?
  • Yes it is a building site, but it's a working training ground as well. It just doesn't look good.
  • KR sorting out probables v possibles

• Yes it is a building site, but it's a working training ground as well. It just doesn't look good.

Apologies but to who? It is after all a building site - if its like it when it's finished then you have a valid point, but I think we need to give them a little slack.
    There is always a point on most sites with groundworks, that it looks like a disaster zone. The site has the added problem of trying to be operational around a lot temporary cabins, poor access etc. This next phase looks key as it then means they can hopefully crack on with the main building and the show pitch.
    I do however agree those conifers need sorting!!! They need a bigger set of steps!

• Is that the project manager?
  • Lick of paint. Hour and a half.
  • Addickted said:

KR sorting out probables v possibles

Is that a time capsule they are burying there? I wonder what shitty lies that contains.
  • The capsule contains, RD's ideas on how to run a football team by selling all the good youth players and buying cheap, so as to make a profit. KM's dentures that she wears so as to give her the silly smile she has when being asked difficult questions and all the hopes and dreams of Charlton supporters, that hopefully will come true when the capsule is opened, and the Belgium clowns have gone