Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nominations for Honary Charlton Fan status

There are many folk out there who, through no fault of there own, haven't been lucky enough in life to become a Charlton fan but have shown enough to merit the honour. We clearly need a thread to identify these people if indeed there isn't one already so I'll start with that couple on the BBC News this morning that are travelling to every railway station in Great Britain. Definitely ticks the box for many on here though obviously had they been true Charlton fans they would have been travelling to every railway station in the U.K. but their efforts are commendable enough to merit some recognition.

Comments

• Jeremy Corbyn
  • Jeremy upon hearing the news:

• How comes you chaps don't post in the general election thread? :lol:
  • How comes you chaps don't post in the general election thread? :lol:

There's a general election thread ?
  • This doesn't work. Honorary definition:

adjective
    conferred as an honour, without the usual requirements or functions.

Clearly, there is no honour in being a Charlton fan as things stand.

(Although the concept of not having the usual requirements to actually pitch up to watch matches seems sensible and desirable. It would also put prospective candidates in the same category as 99% of manure "supporters".)

• I'd like to make Roland an honorary fan...

If you're reading this Roland please come and collect your award pitch side on 5th August 2017 at 2:59pm
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Addickted said:

Jeremy Corbyn

Good call, he's delusional enough to think he's going to win next time out
    Or Theresa May - she's wasted tons of money on a terrible deal, sounds just like our transfer policy !
    I'm pretty sure Katie tried to pay £1bn for Josh Magennis but Uncle Roly's cheque bounced.
  • I like to think Dean Gaffney's character in Eastenders would be the lone Charlton fan in E20, driving down and going on his own as well.

Could also see Ben giving it the big 'un with some of our away oiks.
  • I like to think Dean Gaffney's character in Eastenders would be the lone Charlton fan in E20, driving down and going on his own as well.

Wasn't Bradley an Addick? Probably why they killed him off.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I like to think Dean Gaffney's character in Eastenders would be the lone Charlton fan in E20, driving down and going on his own as well.

Wasn't Bradley an Addick? Probably why they killed him off.
    Bradley is such an Addick. Probably got up on the roof to get a better view of the 17:34 to Shenfield.

Once saw him at a curry house in Sundridge Park too, so the shoe fits.