Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travel vaccinations

I'm holidaying in Thailand in July/August- Phuket 2weeks and ?Khao Lak for a couple of nights. Could anyone tell me if Rabies and Japanese Encephalitis vaccinations are necessary there.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Not sure but might be worth getting a stock of penicillin in for when you get back ;)
  • Options

I'm holidaying in Thailand in July/August- Phuket 2weeks and ?Khao Lak for a couple of nights. Could anyone tell me if Rabies and Japanese Encephalitis vaccinations are necessary there.
    Thanks in advance

Check with your local GP surgery. This website has a lot of information as well
    http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/home.aspx

I got Rabies vaccinations last year, they had to be done privately and were really expensive (£180 I think), so I wouldn't advice them unless you're told they're really essential
  • Options
    Yes thanks- been to Gp and they said just keep away from dogs /animals re rabies. Just wondered what the risk is .
  • Options
    Rabies is a stinker of a vaccine. Don't think it's a massive problem there but check with the surgery. Hep A is worth having