Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kidbrooke Road closures

From Sunday 25 June until Sunday 3 September, Kidbrooke Park Road will be closed to all traffic between Weigall Road and Old Post Office Lane. This is while we change the road layout of Kidbrooke Park Road, install new pedestrian crossings, street lights and drainage to improve safety.
Travel advice

A signed diversion route will be in place via the A2, South Circular Road and Eltham Road. Roads in and around the area will be busier than usual, especially during peak times. Cyclists will be able to cycle up to the bridge on Kidbrooke Park Road (over Park Terrace) before dismounting to cross using a temporary footway.

Please plan ahead and allow more time for journeys. For full details and to know your travel options, please visit tfl.gov.uk/kidbrooke

Comments

• Just round corner from my house, absolute pain in the shit loop.
  • All the improvements listed seem to be to help people cross the road. No mention of improving the traffic flow with all those new flats.....
  • As long as they get rid of those ridiculous width restrictions- all they do is cause jams.
  • The bridge is the problem, it's always going to be a pinchpoint.

They are rebuilding the bridge.
  • I think I was 14 or 15 ( and certainly at school) when the width restrictions were put in place because of the weakness of the bridge. I am now 44.
  • Closure extended until 28th September

Oh joy!
    Can't wait until the schools go back.

Oh joy!
    It's ok, the Highways Agency has thought this one through.
    Anyone with a BMW, Audi A4 or above, or 4WD vehicle will be able to park where ever they like outside the school to drop little Johnnie off, and hold up every one else at the same time.

I've heard the rest of kidbrooke park road will be dual carriageway but it will still be single file over the bridge, the new bridge. What a joke!
  • Sponsored links:

I've heard the rest of kidbrooke park road will be dual carriageway but it will still be single file over the bridge, the new bridge. What a joke!
    Whatever happened to forward planning in this country?

Must say though, the new Ferrier is light years away from the old one. My old man was a subbie on that and used to take me and my brother in on a Saturday morning when it was being built. Those blocks now long gone of course but we used to run riot while he got his time and half in.

I am also old enough to remember the Rochester Relief road go in. All that shifting of earth and we wound up with only two lanes each way.

Oh joy!
    It's ok, the Highways Agency has thought this one through.
    Anyone with a BMW, Audi A4 or above, or 4WD vehicle will be able to park where ever they like outside the school to drop little Johnnie off, and hold up every one else at the same time.

BMW? Audi? in Kidbrooke? Behave! It's all Skoda's and Citroen's down that way!

Must say though, the new Ferrier is light years away from the old one. My old man was a subbie on that and used to take me and my brother in on a Saturday morning when it was being built. Those blocks now long gone of course but we used to run riot while he got his time and half in.

I am also old enough to remember the Rochester Relief road go in. All that shifting of earth and we wound up with only two lanes each way.
    Looks to me like they pulled down the Ferrier and then rebuilt it. This time charging half a million per matchbox. They get away with it somehow, perhaps by having a concierge or something.
  • seth plum said:

The bridge is the problem, it's always going to be a pinchpoint.

Looks to me like they pulled down the Ferrier and then rebuilt it. This time charging half a million per matchbox. They get away with it somehow, perhaps by having a concierge or something.
    to be fair, who wants to go out and buy their own crack in this day and age?

When I was at Thomas Tallis we conducted part of the road traffic surveys leading up to this. Very interesting field studies subject that went on to review how traffic would react afterwards.