Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help needed (sorry to clog site again)

Some of you might remember that I requested some help/advice a while back after having a bad run of personal issues. Although I did not accept any offers of financial help, I was overwhelmed with the support I received, both with financial offers and just people doing their best to help.

I have a friend, who doesn't have a profile on here, but has been a Charlton fan all his life. His run at least rivals mine and finds himself in an almost identical position to myself. He needs to fund a funeral by next week, and seems to have exhaused his options via the relevant channels.

A friend has set up a justgiving page for the other £500 he needs, and I would ask if anyone could spare a few quid to help out. After being in the position I was in, I have helped as much as possible, but not in a financial position to dedicate too much.

As well as the bereavement, he has had a seriously bad year. He had a heart attack just before Christmas which has really set him back. Shouldn't have happened to someone so young and it really hit him hard. He is not currently aware of the justgiving page but I know he will be seriously grateful for any help. Such a nice guy shouldn't have to go through this and I hope we can help him out.

I appreciate the ponsing doesn't always come across well, but I know this is a great place to request some help as I found out myself a couple of months ago.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Forgot to add the page, I believe its just basic at the minute - https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/dean-austin
  • Done wish your pal all the best
  • Done wish your pal all the best

that is a seriously generous donation, cannot thank you enough mate. Certainly owe you a beer!
  • Done, hope the funeral goes well.
  • Done, hope the funeral goes well.

again, another seriously generous generation, cannot thank either of you enough.
  • Is the funeral for his spouse? He may find following reference useful, if so.

//www.gov.uk/bereavement-support-payment
  • Tramp said:

Is the funeral for his spouse? He may find following reference useful, if so.

//www.gov.uk/bereavement-support-payment

thanks for the advice. I believe a claim was rejected because National Insurance contributions were not paid due to an illness. Seems a little unfair but I know this was looked at in depth.
  • thank you to Bbob for a third donation, again much appreciated. The figure being looked for is now £300 due to some offline donations from the justgiving page, so now just looking for £80. If anyone could even spare £5/10 it would be much appreciated.