Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"PROMOTION"

Interesting to hear that word from Pearce and Fosu.

No hesitation

When asked "What are you looking to achieve this season" both replied instantly with "Promotion"

I get the impression that's being drilled into them big time!

I know it's kind of an obvious statement from us but it can't hurt to get a positive mentality going through the club - another thing Jason Pearce will play a big part in I would think.

Comments

• Like you said it's an obvious statement. We shouldn't be in this division in the first place and we're one of the biggest clubs in the division.
  • Won't happen until Duchatelet and Meire are gone. We heard it all last summer as well. Promotion from what? A division we already got promoted from. A division we would never be in if it wasn't for Duchatelet and Katrien Meire.

Doesn't matter whether we should, or shouldn't be in this division, that's where we are.
    Positivity for the new season doesn't hurt does it?.
  • All said same last year
  • Talk is cheap and Roland likes cheap.

Let's see who else we get in because IMHO we are still miles away from having a balanced squad.

Let's see if they really have learnt the lessons from the many mistakes they have made in the past. I hope so but very much doubt it.
  • Swisdom said:

No hesitation

When asked "What are you looking to achieve this season" both replied instantly with "Promotion"

I know it's kind of an obvious statement

Yeh, who'd a thought.
    Massive.
  • Sponsored links:

• "Bonus"
  • Payrise
  • actually is anyone confident (apart from our Pearce and Fosu) that we will get promoted?

I don't know as I have no idea how strong the other teams are going to be.
  • Swisdom said:

No hesitation

I know it's kind of an obvious statement from us but it can't hurt to get a positive mentality going through the club - another thing Jason Pearce will play a big part in I would think.

It would be a bit worrying if the said mid table or avoiding relegation.
  • The signs are certainly better this year and there's nothing wrong with being hopeful and optimistic, it makes me feel like a normal football fan again rather than a customer of the absolute shit show we've had for the last 3 years.

However looking at it objectively the squad is short in a lot of areas. We still need depth in others. Also intentions at the beginning of the season are all well and good but I remember a
    Couple of years ago when the words play offs and premier league were mentioned. People also got excited by the team spirit when we saw Makienok taking the loss out of Guy Luzon singing sweet dreams. That ended well didn't it.
  • Translation... We need to say Promotion because Katie has resorted to using us to sell Season Tickets!!
  • Good though it should always be our expectation at this level.

We may have better chance than last season just through not having a new manager.

Every summer by around this point we've had a few signings that look promising.

Will we have a strong enough squad this time?

Will we be fitter and better at preventing injuries?

As much as it's going to be difficult to move the likes of Sarr on there shouldn't be any excuses for failing to compete for promotion. Plenty of clubs in this league do well with smaller budgets.
  • on paper that team should do very well, but the season hasnt started yet and players can still be sold, i dont think he wants success he just wants to make money, surely a promotion would make him that money, its a tough call, do i want us to go up - yes of course but then nobrot stays on.
  • Although the 'size' of the club may be significant, you only need to look as far as Fleetwood or Burton to realise there is absolutely no god given right.
    Win every home game and draw every away game is the target.
    After only two league games last season we were three points behind that target and never recovered.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Although the 'size' of the club may be significant, you only need to look as far as Fleetwood or Burton to realise there is absolutely no god given right.
    Win every home game and draw every away game is the target.
    After only two league games last season we were three points behind that target and never recovered.

And also it took Sheff Utd 6 seasons to get back into the championship.
  • Talk is cheap and Roland likes cheap.

Let's see who else we get in because IMHO we are still miles away from having a balanced squad.

Let's see if they really have learnt the lessons from the many mistakes they have made in the past. I hope so but very much doubt it.

Agreed. IMO if we can:

Keep Holmes and Bauer.
    Sign Reeves and Martin
    Get Da silva and Mavididi on loan
    Keep Kashi fit
    Get another RB

Then we'll have a pretty decent squad for this level.

Phillips, Martin, Solly, New RB, Pearce, Bauer, Lennon, Dijksteel, Page, Da silva, Kashi, Crofts, JFC, Konsa, Reeves, Clarke, Holmes, Marshall, Fosu, Watt, Mavididi, Magennis, Ajose/Novak (expect 1 to leave)
  • The signs are certainly better this year and there's nothing wrong with being hopeful and optimistic, it makes me feel like a normal football fan again rather than a customer of the absolute shit show we've had for the last 3 years.

However looking at it objectively the squad is short in a lot of areas. We still need depth in others. Also intentions at the beginning of the season are all well and good but I remember a
    Couple of years ago when the words play offs and premier league were mentioned. People also got excited by the team spirit when we saw Makienok taking the loss out of Guy Luzon singing sweet dreams. That ended well didn't it.

Based on what?

• Croydon said:

The signs are certainly better this year and there's nothing wrong with being hopeful and optimistic, it makes me feel like a normal football fan again rather than a customer of the absolute shit show we've had for the last 3 years.

Based on what?

Signings and no key players leaving. As I said it's early days but it's nice to be optimistic. Read my post it's pretty heavily caveated.
  • Top six budget, promotion at the earliest zzzzzz....
  • Oh how marvellous, or as tend I tend to think I'll believe it when I see it.