Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latimer Road fire

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Looks like he is just scared to me.

You could be right. But we don't know for certain.
  • Options
    "Angry, confused young people lash out after avoidable disaster" would appear to be the story here, if you believe the right-wing press.

It isn't. The disaster is still the story.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

"Angry, confused young people lash out after avoidable disaster" would appear to be the story here, if you believe the right-wing press.

It isn't. The disaster is still the story.

People have a right to be angry but how many of these are part of the rent a mob brigade?

I see the SWP have been out in force today.

They need time to fully look into this, no point rushing the investigation.

Obviously priority must be to rehouse these people.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Addickted said:

Haven't seen it officially reported anywhere that he was a council worker, although that doesn't excuse violence.

One picture that's been missed is the one where the guy in the suit is angrily shouting at protestors.

Not sure what the full story is here but that hasn't stopped Daily Express and the like jumping a few selective pictures and portraying just one side as violent.

How's he being violent?

The bloke is being confronted by a yob masked up to presumably hide his identity and some muppet who think it's ideal to wear a fur lined parka on the hottest day of the year.

I suspect a few shops in K&C will be boarding up their windows this weekend as the righteous are on their way down to the smoke.

Of course, they'll make sure everything is resolved, with their unique style of putting the World to rights.
    The bloke is being confronted? How do we know who confronted who? The guy's face doesn't exactly tell me he was saying "let's have a cuddle".
  • Options
    Interesting comments on newsnight last night from an experienced solicitor. Suggests government very hasty to pledge public inquiry but this will save them being cross examined under the inquest route; Comments captured in this short video extract-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grenfell-tower-fire-inquest-public-inquiry-theresa-may-government-hide-deaths-kensington-london-a7792891.html
  • Options

Addickted said:

Haven't seen it officially reported anywhere that he was a council worker, although that doesn't excuse violence.

One picture that's been missed is the one where the guy in the suit is angrily shouting at protestors.

Not sure what the full story is here but that hasn't stopped Daily Express and the like jumping a few selective pictures and portraying just one side as violent.

How's he being violent?

The bloke is being confronted by a yob masked up to presumably hide his identity and some muppet who think it's ideal to wear a fur lined parka on the hottest day of the year.

I suspect a few shops in K&C will be boarding up their windows this weekend as the righteous are on their way down to the smoke.

Of course, they'll make sure everything is resolved, with their unique style of putting the World to rights.
    The bloke is being confronted? How do we know who confronted who? The guy's face doesn't exactly tell me he was saying "let's have a cuddle".
    You can't see his face it's masked up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Council worker been attacked by a load of scumbags outside waiting.

Where'd you read that?
    Who is that on the wanted poster, does anyone know?
  • Options

Maybe I'm focusing on the wrong people here. I'm not by any means happy with the actions of those blokes who have possibly thrown water at him and/or tried to trip him. That's completely unnecessary behaviour by some nasty opportunists.

But there are thousands of others who are trying to make their voices heard peacefully.

Still, the focus is drifting from the real story onto a few numpties who tried to trip a bloke they may or may not have had an argument with.

Water eh?

You sure?

• Options

Council worker been attacked by a load of scumbags outside waiting.

Where'd you read that?
    Who is that on the wanted poster, does anyone know?
    Apparently it's Robert Black, CEO of KCTMO.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
  • Options
    Throwing bottled mineral water over someone, when will the nightmare end?
  • Options
    You certainly know how to party Leuth.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    We have to stop the potential riots. They won't help! Just saw the Prime Minister's interview on newsnight - that won't help. It sounded like she was talking to the electorate rather than the victims. What should have happened was within a few hours of teh disaster, a team of support workers should have been sent in with all the resources they needed to support the residents. Assurances needed to be given - not in Westeminster we'll get down to it speak, but what is happening now.

It needs to be happening now on the streets - money no object. Then maybe somebody they might listen to like Corbyn or community leaders who are respected may help by going there and urging calm. We need to get through the next few days without incident and then hopefully this wont escalate further.

I think the media are not helping here either - they are intruding. This has to be managed with common sense and compassion and quickly.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

An emotional and angry David Lammy MP, on Channel 4 News this evening.
    "You can't contract out everything to the private sector".
    https://channel4.com/news/david-lammy-mp-remembers-friend-grenville-tower-fire-london

We don't.
  • Options

An emotional and angry David Lammy MP, on Channel 4 News this evening.
    "You can't contract out everything to the private sector".
    https://channel4.com/news/david-lammy-mp-remembers-friend-grenville-tower-fire-london

We don't.
    Some people want to though.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Throwing bottled mineral water over someone, when will the nightmare end?

Send me your address and a few of my masked mates will wait outside till you come out, we'll all get in your face, chuck some water over you and one of us will volley the back of your legs, see how you get on.
    At least the guy's still alive. I'm unclear why such a minor incident is allowed to deflect from the tragedy in question.