Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Errol Christie RIP

I had the honour to meet him in his home a couple of months ago as part of my work. Being honest I didn't know who he was but noticed lots of boxing pictures on his wall asking him about them he explained about his boxing history he was humble and seemed to light up when talking about it.
So it was very sad to hear that he passed away after his battle with cancer on Sunday evening.
RIP Errol was an honour to have briefly met you and speak about your boxing life.

Comments

• Options
    RIP Errol.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    His fight with Mark Kaylor was an all time classic. I watched it again fairly recently and you really didn't know who was going to win until the end. Massive unfulfilled talent sadly. RIP
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Very talented boxer, both as a pro and in the unpaid ranks. I was lucky to see him fight on a number of occasions including the ill-fated Kaylor fight.

RIP Errol.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP - at his peak a fantastic fighter.
  • Options
    Used to see him sometimes doing his roadwork in Catford when I lived there.

Very good fighter in an era when we were strong at his weight and the two categories either side.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well known local lad and a household name who was known nationwide at the height of his illustrious career.
    RIP Errol......RIP.
  • Options
    A favourite of my late Dad, who also loved boxing. R.I.P. Errol.
  • Options
    I saw him win an ABA title at Wembley. He was a real prospect in the style of the boxers of the era, Sugar Ray Leonard in particular, but he never fulfilled his promise. RIP
  • Options
    Great boxer and decent guy. RIP
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    RIP

Had the privilege to meet him once in Lewisham. I wasn't alive to see him fight but I do take an interest in boxing and other sport history. I was staring at him for a few seconds then his name came to me and I unwittingly shouted it out. He looked and smiled. I chatted to him for a minute or two while I waited for my bus. Seemed like a nice bloke.

Edit: actually I was alive during the last period of his boxing career but I would of been too young to remember.