Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets Sold 12/06/17

Comments

• Options
    Haven't renewed. Had a ST since 1998 but only went a few times last year. Everything about the club stinks at the moment and I literally leave the place still wondering if it's the same club
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if I make it to more than one home game next season.
  • Options
    drewman said:

I'd be surprised if I make it to more than one home game next season.

A good reason to stay away then. I hate it when somebody jumps from behind a wall and goes Boo...
  • Options
    agim said:

Haven't renewed. Had a ST since 1998 but only went a few times last year. Everything about the club stinks at the moment and I literally leave the place still wondering if it's the same club

I know what you mean. It will be Charlton again though - we have to believe that. I do believe it. When they go, I would like to see some sort of memorial to Roland and Katrien. Simply to remind us how bad things can get so even when things are going well - we are never complacent.
  • Options

agim said:

I know what you mean. It will be Charlton again though - we have to believe that. I do believe it. When they go, I would like to see some sort of memorial to Roland and Katrien. Simply to remind us how bad things can get so even when things are going well - we are never complacent.
    Agree the sentiment but a memorial would last about 5 minutes. Their disastrous reign is indelibly etched on our memories and has been recorded in so many media articles, videos etc. There must be a ton of protest material alone - the museum will need larger premises.
  • Options

Football without hope .

What a fabulous and accurate way to explain Charlton Athletic under the ownership of Duchatelet and the stewardship of NightMeire
    Wholeheartedly agree.

Football fans are willing fools. We know that not everyone can support Real Madrid. What matters to us is little fragments of hope and perceived 'progress' or improvement of any sort - and we'll search pretty hard to find it. We even manage to pick the bones out of relegation, hoping for a fresh start, clean slate etc.

No matter how crap your team is at any particular moment, what keeps us coming back is the hope that the next match, the next substitution, the next transfer, the next manager.. will turn things around. It's silly, but it's pretty much the entire premise of football fandom.

Once you extinguish that hope, what's the point? What are you left with?

It's a running joke with someone I know, that every summer I talk about how THIS could be our year. If signing X, formation Y etc work out, we'll be much better than last time around. Every year without fail.

Well for the first time that I can remember, I have absolutely no confidence that we can improve. The squad, the backroom staff, the SMT - the entire setup - needs such major surgery to reverse the direction of travel, that I just can't see how it will happen under this ownership. Add to that the insult that price of my seat that I've had for years has gone *up* to £500 - it was kind of the death knell for my hopes of renewal.

Sorry for the depressing post.. :neutral:
    THIS is where we are. Didn't we all used to spend the close season thinking if only we spend a bit of money this COULD be our season. whether we actually believed the board would spend money we STILL thought this could be our year. This cancer is slowly destroying everything about our club that I no longer care how many shit free transfers we sign, how many promising youngsters we sell. The fact that I'm going to enter my second season of not attending games no longer worries me. I don't feel that this is the club I've supported since 65/66 season when every season we hoped that this would be the year. Now our piece of shit of an owner doesn't even care if the team wins. Charlton Athletic Football Club rip
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

agim said:

Agree the sentiment but a memorial would last about 5 minutes. Their disastrous reign is indelibly etched on our memories and has been recorded in so many media articles, videos etc. There must be a ton of protest material alone - the museum will need larger premises.
    Far better to remove them from references in official club publications.

Once they are gone, replace their names with 'redacted '. Much more satisfying to me at least.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

agim said:

There is certain to be a book about it and that is going to make shocking reading for anyone with a Charlton heart. On various threads in the past year or so there have been lists compiled of examples of Meire's incompetence, errors, U-turns, excuses, misleading statements, arrogant comments etc. and that's just Meire - let alone RD.

There may well be a recovery of sorts in numbers coming back to the Valley post-Regime but the damage which has been done goes beyond a fall in League position status and is on such a scale that it may take years of beneficial ownership to repair.

Meire (as CEO and therefore responsible for implementation of RD vision) has destroyed a good deal of the bond which exists between Club and supporter and whilst other aspects of the club appear to carry on as normal, the relationship between club and fan is being re-modeled as we speak (and has been over the course of the past 3 years) because Meire never has and never will accept that we are not 'customers' in the true market sense of the word as she (and RD) understand it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

agim said:

Just name the toilets after them, they have spent over 3 years sh*tting on us we can reciprocate.
    Yep and the bins can be Karel Fraeye, Guy Luzon etc etc.
  • Options
    Great idea naming the toilets after them. But they have got to go first. As others have said each new season was going to be the one.
    I am dumbfounded that KM does not grasp that very few people care at the moment. A few kids kicking balls into nets in the car park before games is not a supporter base, but the stupid CEO dies not understand that.
    When they go, and I hope it's soon, the crowds may not double but treble.
    How do we get through to RD and KM?
  • Options

Davo55 said:

agim said:

There is certain to be a book about it and that is going to make shocking reading for anyone with a Charlton heart. On various threads in the past year or so there have been lists compiled of examples of Meire's incompetence, errors, U-turns, excuses, misleading statements, arrogant comments etc. and that's just Meire - let alone RD.

There may well be a recovery of sorts in numbers coming back to the Valley post-Regime but the damage which has been done goes beyond a fall in League position status and is on such a scale that it may take years of beneficial ownership to repair.

Meire (as CEO and therefore responsible for implementation of RD vision) has destroyed a good deal of the bond which exists between Club and supporter and whilst other aspects of the club appear to carry on as normal, the relationship between club and fan is being re-modeled as we speak (and has been over the course of the past 3 years) because Meire never has and never will accept that we are not 'customers' in the true market sense of the word as she (and RD) understand it.

I totally understand your fears regarding the re-emergence of lapsed supporters once "they" have left the building.

But, we all know there is a strong core of Addicks that will do everything possible to assist the new owner/s , if they will allow us to do so.

Target 20k was formed with willing , but nevertheless, probably inexperienced folk IMHO ( although I do not know anyone personally) whilst those who have been there & wear the T shirt were not considered worthy of lending their expertise....Horses for courses, if you like.

We have to rebuild that bond between Club & supporter - something I believe would be crucial from the start of the new era- by working together....something KM will never understand.

Let's hope that huge task will begin sooner rather than later.

JUST SELL OUR CLUB !!!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2017

N01R4M said:

@kings hill addick
    Thank you very much for your detailed and well reasoned reply.
    I understand your skepticism but have now traced the info back to a FA pdf, and it IS for the period 2 Feb 2016 to 31 Jan 2017. Surprising how quickly officialdom can move when money is involved!

For anyone else interested in verifying this, I can’t get the link to work but if you enter this into google
    www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/rules.../all-fees-to-publish-2017.ashx
    it brings up a list of FA pdfs, including the relevant one “Intermediary Fees"

Interestingly this period would also include all those loans and free transfers that we made in February after the transfer window closed so, technically, it would include the agents fees in bringing in Fanni, Young Yun, Sanogo and Motta. I'm going to guess that these would have been expensive and would have to be considered for the 2015/16 season when we were a Championship club.

The period from 2nd Feb 2017 to 31 Jan 2018 would be interesting though. I'd be surprised if our outlay was anywhere near as big as 20% of League one total for that period.
    I think the date used in Feb 2016 was because the transfer window closed at midnight on Feb 1st due to Jan 31st falling on a Sunday IIRC. Fanni and Sanogo were signed on Feb 1st, inside the January window.

Not sure your point about paying agents re departing players is correct (not in a normal club anyway).
  • Options
    After 3 years of not having one, debating buying one in the North Lower at the back. Can't complain for that price - What's the view like down there though?
  • Options

After 3 years of not having one, debating buying one in the North Lower at the back. Can't complain for that price - What's the view like down there though?

Don't know about the view but I suspect there'll be no one to talk to
  • Options
    I wonder if the signings have had any impact on sales?

Im thinking people are holding off until Holmes is confirmed as staying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

the view is good. You are prone to a bit of sunshine from time to time and any attack when Charlton are kicking towards it gets you up out of your seat which adds to the fun and you get the impression that most fans on the whole in what is really THE Covered End tend to be proper Charlton fans that would turn up come what may.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

I've never bought a ST based on one player
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    agim said:

CAFCTrev said:

I've never bought a ST based on one player
    Ive heard "well we havent made many good signings" as an excuse for poor season ticket sales in the past. But yeah, I dont renew because of the players we sign either.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Im not a proper Charlton fan as I dont 'turn up come what may' but last year sat in the Covered End half a dozen times and it was fine, sun in your eyes occassionally but good value for the price. I will probably turn up to help man the museum on mathdays with @charltonnick and a few others but then leave the proper Charlton and head off to the pub.

Would rather Rachel Riley covered these.
  • Options
    I doubt that signings as a stand alone factor make much difference but once it starts to look like the team will compete I suspect that more would commit.

However, as that hasn't happened more than a few times in the 36 years I've been going I doubt there is much statistical evidence to prove it either way.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    SE7toSG3 said:

Im not a proper Charlton fan as I dont 'turn up come what may' but last year sat in the Covered End half a dozen times and it was fine, sun in your eyes occassionally but good value for the price. I will probably turn up to help man the museum on mathdays with @charltonnick and a few others but then leave the proper Charlton and head off to the pub.

Is the sun in your eyes for much of the game? I know you said occasionally, but I need you to be more specific. I'm not proper Charlton because on the few occasions I lined the pockets of our magnificent ownerWent last season, I sat in the North Upper.
  • Options

I doubt that signings as a stand alone factor make much difference but once it starts to look like the team will compete I suspect that more would commit.

However, as that hasn't happened more than a few times in the 36 years I've been going I doubt there is much statistical evidence to prove it either way.

How did it go last season with sales after we signed Ajose, Novak and Holmes, which at the time was thought to be very positive?