Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Charlton Life General Election Exit Poll - 2017***

Comments

• Tory voters all getting in early so they can finish their ovaltine and get off to bed.

They ain't got in from Neighbourhood Watch yet pal
    I see you knocked off early though... #worknotshirk :wink:
  • This poll does prove the silent Tory phenomenon. The CL election threat was full of bullying lefties, but nearly half of CL members don't agree with them.

37% for the tories now - roughly the same that agreed with Brexit. That's a win for you isn't it? :lol:
  • edited June 2017
    I think our polls are very reflective considering results in London. Can't you set up a polling compant and charge for it AFKA? All proceeds to the Upbeats :)
  • edited June 2017
    Greenwich and Woolwich
    Labour - Matthew Pennycook - 64.4%
    Conservative - Caroline Attfield - 25.4%
    Liberal Democrat - Chris Adams - 7.1%
    Green Party - Daniel Garrun - 3.0%

Interesting that the constituency the Valley is in shows the same trend, but very different results to our poll.
  • Dearth of UKIPpers.

Still too many.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenwich and Woolwich
    Labour - Matthew Pennycook - 64.4%
    Conservative - Caroline Attfield - 25.4%
    Liberal Democrat - Chris Adams - 7.1%
    Green Party - Daniel Garrun - 3.0%

Interesting that the constituency the Valley is in shows the same trend, but very different results to our poll.

Oh shit. Sorry Daniel :/
  • edited June 2017
    cafcfan said:

Claimed to be anonymous - but I'm putting money on @NornIrishAddick being the single "other" vote. :wink:

I voted Buckethead.

http://b3ta.com/blog/lord-buckethead-yes-yes-yes/
  • SDAddick said:

cafcfan said:

Claimed to be anonymous - but I'm putting money on @NornIrishAddick being the single "other" vote. :wink:

I voted Buckethead.

http://b3ta.com/blog/lord-buckethead-yes-yes-yes/
    Why wasn't there a fishfinger man or bucket head in Horsham?!
  • My favourite candidate was someone in California many years ago who cjanged their name to No One.
    Who can sort out crime - No One can!
    Who can balance the books - No One can!

Etc
  • edited June 2017
    So what do we think of the poll outcome? A few points:

- There is a clear increase in Lab vote since out 2015 election (Lab 31 to 47, Con virtually unchanged at 36 to 35). This largely reflects a big reduction in UKIP vote (14 to 1)
    - the vote breakdown for the main two parties is pretty much in line with the overall London breakdown (Lab 46%, Con 35).
    - LibDem 7% continue to poll below national average (9) and London Aveage (13), reflecting poor the general historic SE London weakness of LibDem
    - turnout in our poll (367) was 9% up on 2015. However, surprisingly just 33% of members who have logged on since the election close took part in the poll

Poll outcome at 9am 11th June

• My only comment is what is The Green Party colour orange ?
  • Because the colour order is default and to have had the Greens green, they would have had to have been listed after Other
  • Because the colour order is default and to have had the Greens green, they would have had to have been listed after Other

Apology accepted ;0)

• Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

So, the quiet Tories were all hiding on Charlton Life! I usually think that the political threads on Charlton Life tend to get dominated by the right wingers (despite their amusing protestations that it's full of tinky-winky, snowflakey, yogurt-knitting libtards, or whatever the trendy put down of the day is). This time though the left definitely dominated the discussion both in terms of numbers posting and weight of argument. Though the defection of the ever vocal @Fiiish, may have exaggerated this effect. @DamoNorthStand and @Rob7Lee should be credited with fighting a brave rearguard action, but other than from them there was a paucity of argument both in terms of quality and quantity for Charlton Life's right wingers. I was therefore surprised to see a 35% vote for the Tories. So what was going on with those tory voters? Embarrassed at declaring their support? Not bothered to explain their views? Feel they'd be browbeaten by the left? Or have they reached a point where there is nothing to argue in favour of a Conservative government and that the only ground they feel safe on is anti-Labour rhetoric?

Great post, mind you the only ground I feel safe on is anti-Tory rhetoric to be honest.
  • Stig said:

So, the quiet Tories were all hiding on Charlton Life! I usually think that the political threads on Charlton Life tend to get dominated by the right wingers (despite their amusing protestations that it's full of tinky-winky, snowflakey, yogurt-knitting libtards, or whatever the trendy put down of the day is). This time though the left definitely dominated the discussion both in terms of numbers posting and weight of argument. Though the defection of the ever vocal @Fiiish, may have exaggerated this effect. @DamoNorthStand and @Rob7Lee should be credited with fighting a brave rearguard action, but other than from them there was a paucity of argument both in terms of quality and quantity for Charlton Life's right wingers. I was therefore surprised to see a 35% vote for the Tories. So what was going on with those tory voters? Embarrassed at declaring their support? Not bothered to explain their views? Feel they'd be browbeaten by the left? Or have they reached a point where there is nothing to argue in favour of a Conservative government and that the only ground they feel safe on is anti-Labour rhetoric?

Betraying the Lifer Right-Wing like

• Staggered it wasn't a higher vote for labour but proves my point that when it comes to politics on this site it's #Barnsleylife.

Enjoyed most of the General Election thread but would have been better if people just didn't post various tweets rather than sharing their own opinions, but I suspect much like the impact of the right wing papers winning votes for Conservative in past elections, this one was very much about twatter getting the labours vote up.

When we go again in a few months I suspect the gap will be higher
  • Staggered it wasn't a higher vote for labour but proves my point that when it comes to politics on this site it's #Barnsleylife.

Enjoyed most of the General Election thread but would have been better if people just didn't post various tweets rather than sharing their own opinions, but I suspect much like the impact of the right wing papers winning votes for Conservative in past elections, this one was very much about twatter getting the labours vote up.

When we go again in a few months I suspect the gap will be higher

Wouldn't a "gap" be wider ? ;0)

• Stig said:

Damo and I gave it a good crack, but were severely outnumbered - don't know about you @DamoNorthStand but I felt like we were just a mere 5% :wink:

I expect a number of people from the right felt it was difficult to defend the Tories campaign as despite maybe agreeing with a lot of the proposals it really was a totally crap campaign. The Care was a good example, once the 'dementia tax' slogan took hold in the press it was hard to argue the case that it was actually a far better proposal for those who have or will get dementia than currently, but it got lost in all the cross party banter... I felt quite sad and annoyed by that, having a father in a Dementia home I felt like his condition was being used to score Party points (not on here but in the press/between parties).

part of me wants another election soon so we can go again on here, but think it will be a while. But then again in a month or so the season will start and no doubt they'll be plenty to berate, moan and shake our heads at.
  • edited June 2017
    At least you tried to defend the Tories, the problem they have is either people that support them aren't really engaged in politics enough to debate the detail, or are embaressed to admit they support them. The Poll was very reflective of London and I think Charlton life polls are more reliable than many dedicated companies.
  • At least you tried to defend the Tories, the problem they have is either people that support them aren't really engaged in politics enough to debate the detail, or are embaressed to admit they support them.

Or generally can't be arsed to get in a debate about having read a thousand times they are selfish, self-serving uncaring supporters of a nasty party, I would assume. Don't really blame them for thinking 'meh, you crack on'.