Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Maltese Gerry

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Last I heard Gerry was living in Malta, in fact he moved back there a long while ago .......he was a barber by trade and lived in Battersea. His wife was Irish.
    Pretty sure(though not 100% certain), that he worked in Charlton in a shop in Church Lane back in the day and that's how he got involved with the club and became an Addick.
    Lovely friendly gentle character and was always in the company of his son Gerrard and Big Maltese Paul (who always wore the flat cap).......maybe he wore one as well from time to time.
    Didn't know that young Gerrard was a goalkeeper though........can't see it myself but maybe someone can confirm?
    RIP old Addick.....RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    You're right SoundAs, Gerry also donned a flat cap from time to time. Gerry, his son and Paul Pace were regulars on the trains in the 70's/80's. The chap who organised these was Dave Illsey, (I think that is how you spell his name). He moved to the West Country and from them on Paul Winton from Faversham organised them.
    With around 100 or so regulars, you got to know people fairly well, which was how I got to know Gerry. Good times, despite losing far more games than we won on our travels - not much has changed actually.
  • Options
    Very sad news. Gerry was a regular caller to Charlton Live from his home in Malta and it was great to finally meet him during his many visits to the Valley. He was a guy I knew of, but never met before then, which was a shame because he came across as a great character and a lovely man.

RIP Gerry
  • Options
    RIP Gerry.
  • Options
    Always good for a ticket was Paul.
    RIP Gerry.
  • Options
    RIP..
  • Options
    RIP Gerry.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey remember him, looked a lot younger than his actual age, RIP mate
  • Options
    RIP, did indeed organise trains and he and Paul did indeed know the right people if tickets happened to be going spare. Don't think his son was the goalie, that was Nathan Amato, but all three great characters during my (very) early days of travelling away. God bless.
  • Options

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    remember him well, went to Newcastle away in the late 70's and young Gerry got off the train at Darlington as he needed a toilet, the train left the station and left him there despite his dad keeping the old doors open, he had to shut it quickly once it left the station.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this. A proper Charlton character.