Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One Love Manchester Concert

Comments

• Options

Agree with all the comments around the sentiment, and never mind sheer determination to turn this around in such short time.

Surely Noel could have swallowed his pride for this of all things. Think he has come across as a bit of a bellend for not turning up for his city tonight.

Completely agree re Noel. I thought the big surprise would be Noel joining Liam mid song. Is a shame really.
  • Options
    Liam epitomised Manchester - pity the Stone Roses weren't there.
    Ariana far more talented than I realised....
  • Options

An amazing young lady indeed! A big heart and a great singer
  • Options
    Massive respect to Ariana Grande, incredible effort and far more talented than i realised or had ever given her credit for. Read that she changed her entire set at the last minute after speaking to the mum of a girl who died in the attack who said she'd have wanted to hear her hits, as opposed to the more low key solemn songs she intended to sing.

Last night has so far raised over $9m, huge well done.
  • Options

Agree with all the comments around the sentiment, and never mind sheer determination to turn this around in such short time.

Surely Noel could have swallowed his pride for this of all things. Think he has come across as a bit of a bellend for not turning up for his city tonight.

Maybe Noel didn't want to steal the limelight?
  • Options
    Ariana is certainly very talented, I never really paid any attention to her music, knew a couple songs but she's got my respect for certain. Her boyfriend Mac Miller isnt really well known in the UK which is a shame as he's done some very decent stuff, the funky vibe song they did called dang, ariana sang anderson.paaks bits and did very well
  • Options

Ariana is certainly very talented, I never really paid any attention to her music, knew a couple songs but she's got my respect for certain. Her boyfriend Mac Miller isnt really well known in the UK which is a shame as he's done some very decent stuff, the funky vibe song they did called dang, ariana sang anderson.paaks bits and did very well

didn't have a clue who Mac Miller was..............he's batting way above his average that's for sure !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Credit to her. If I was in her position I couldn't possibly have sung to that crowd for being a blubbering mess (as opposed the the blubbery mess that I usually am).
  • Options
    Liam is a hero. Can't stand Coldplay but just watched his set. Welling up at Live Forever.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Credit to her. If I was in her position I couldn't possibly have sung to that crowd for being a blubbering mess (as opposed the the blubbery mess that I usually am).

Was amazed at how some acts got through their songs - must have been very emotional.
  • Options
    As much as i would have loved Noel to have turned up i do think it was probably the right choice he didn't, all everyone would be talking about now would be Oasis and how great they were/are and it would have distracted from the courageous young lady who put the event together.

I saw online that Noel was in Manchester yesterday so it must have been a conscious decision not to play if he was in the area.
  • Options

I know it's been said already but Ariana is a truly remarkable young lady. Only 23 she has handled this situation with a maturity way beyond her years. From her first tweet after the tragic events two weeks ago today she has got everything spot on. It's one thing to put on a concert but to go and visit the family of a victim, and probably not the only one, is an unbelievable thing to do. She has earned everyone's respect and I wish her all the best for the future. Thanks Ariana.

I echo your sentiments.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

As much as i would have loved Noel to have turned up i do think it was probably the right choice he didn't, all everyone would be talking about now would be Oasis and how great they were/are and it would have distracted from the courageous young lady who put the event together.

I saw online that Noel was in Manchester yesterday so it must have been a conscious decision not to play if he was in the area.

In reality what would he have brought? He wrote he songs that Liam sung - two of them anyway. He's an ok guitarist but the chap playing last night was perfectly adequate and I don't think he would have added anything by being there - except for a load of media attention that would have taken away from the real reason the concert was staged in the first place.
  • Options
    Liam on his brother Noel yesterday....

Liam Gallagher said: "What an amazing night last night pure love vibrations nobody comes close to Manchester love forever.

"Oh and if anybody's seen rkid tell him he can come out now as you were LG".

He then apologised for the absence, writing:" Manchester id like to apologise for my brothers absence last night very disappointed stay beautiful stay safe".

Liam Gallagher subsequently tweeted: "Noels out of the f***ing country weren't we all love get on a f****ing plane and play your tunes for the kids you sad f***".

He continued the rant, saying "it isn't about Oasis".

The former frontman of the band wrote: "F*** the reunion mate it ain't about oasis it's about people helping other people and he's once again shown his true f***ing colours".
  • Options

Exactly what I thouught

• Options

In reality what would he have brought? He wrote he songs that Liam sung - two of them anyway. He's an ok guitarist but the chap playing last night was perfectly adequate and I don't think he would have added anything by being there - except for a load of media attention that would have taken away from the real reason the concert was staged in the first place.
    As i said, i think it was the right decision Noel not being there for the same reasons you mentioned.

Personally i would have liked it for at least 1 "proper Manchester band" to have played and had Noel turned up that would have happened, turns out from Liam's tweets it was never going to happen anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know it's been said already but Ariana is a truly remarkable young lady. Only 23 she has handled this situation with a maturity way beyond her years. From her first tweet after the tragic events two weeks ago today she has got everything spot on. It's one thing to put on a concert but to go and visit the family of a victim, and probably not the only one, is an unbelievable thing to do. She has earned everyone's respect and I wish her all the best for the future. Thanks Ariana.

Speaking as a confirmed republican Irishman (though not Irish Republican).

Somebody should have a word with HM Queen.

I'm sure there's a bauble or two lying around that could be pinned on a decent and inspiring human being....
  • Options
    more deserving of one that some of the knobseating who get one
  • Options
    Though I never put anything on here, I was quite scathing about her motives for the concert and re-action to the attack. However, I chastise myself for thinging ill of her. A wonderful young lady who has shown a level of generosity and maturity well above what you'd expect from a teen idol.
  • Options
    Adriana seems to be a very lovely and caring young lady.
  • Options

Though I never put anything on here, I was quite scathing about her motives for the concert and re-action to the attack. However, I chastise myself for thinging ill of her. A wonderful young lady who has shown a level of generosity and maturity well above what you'd expect from a teen idol.

That being said and I don't in anyway feel that was the motivation, but this will undoubtedly have done wonders for her career and her standing in the UK. Thorough deserved.
  • Options

Are you piers morgan?
  • Options
    To be fair to Noel, stealing the limelight from the memory of the victims might reasonably have been seen as quite distasteful.
  • Options
    There is no way in a million years that Ariana Grande has exploited this terrible situation to boost her career, let's put that straight to bed.
    If her career is accelerated it will be because people like me are now aware of who she is, and because she is a pretty bloody good singer.
  • Options
    Its not been bad for her career has it?...