Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wenger leaves...

Comments

• That will please their fans !! lol. I wonder who leaked it - a dissatisfied board member ?
  • those poor arsenal fans.. hopefully sanchez chooses pastures new, didn't mind them winning the fa cup for 5 mins then they started with there usual bull over social media taking the piss out of other clubs, in august they were jumping up and down were gonna win the league etc, beating Chelsea isn't a good result for the worlds most amazing team (arsenal fans thoughts of themselves)
  • He described his criticism as a disgrace, and I suppose it was. But he's gone 20 years without getting the stick that almost every other manager he's ever met has had to deal with. So he can't complain too much.
  • A curious few months really, no idea why they waited so long to actually confirm whether he was staying or leaving, it's not as the FA Cup tipped the balance surely?

It'll be very interesting what happens transfer wise now, especially with Sanchez (and to a lesser extent Ozil).
  • Probably the first decent misleading thread title on this forum for 5 years!
  • Not surprised at all. A few weeks ago a pundit (can't remember who) said it was obvious he was staying as if he was going he'd have announced it, so he was given a proper send off after their last league game.

Contrast that with Dortmund who came 3rd, won the cup and today sacked Tuchel.
  • Dortmund have just sacked Tuchel as well...

Would have been great timing to get a cheap replacement seeing no compensation would be required to either leaving Manager or club
  • to put in into context rafa benitez won the europa league finished 3rd and was sacked at chelsea, what really gets me with them is start of the season if they were offered;

champions league football

or

fa cup and europa league

i reckon at least 90% of there fans would of said champs league.

where as now spurs are apparently shit for not winning nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there a Justgiving page for all those traumatised Arse fans? Oh the anguish of an FA Cup win, full stadium, pitch full of international stars and 5th place in the Premiershite!
  • to put in into context rafa benitez won the europa league finished 3rd and was sacked at chelsea, what really gets me with them is start of the season if they were offered;

or

fa cup and europa league

you dont stop banging on about spurs.closet
  • The Arsenal board might have taken heed of the failure of ManUtd to adequately replace Lord Fergie ..
    when a man has been so long in charge, a culture sets in and wholesale changes are needed .. when/if he goes, disruption is almost a certainly .. and look at us after Lord Curbs departed !!

Wenger could be there for another 5 years or so .. he's still 'only' 67 and I would say a 'youngish' 67 at that
  • edited May 2017
    Personally I like Wenger, but if I was an Arsenal fan, not sure how I'd feel about this news (clearly I fell for it too) doh!

I know they have high class problems, that we can only dream of but for me, his record is decent.

This is the first season since he's been in charge, that they haven't finished top four but still won a trophy.

Perhaps the F A Cup doesn't have the prestige it once had, nor the Europa League but Man U won it this season and a place in the Champions League. Their fans appeared pretty chuffed and would probably say winning three trophies was a successful season.

I see no reason why Arsenal can't win it next season and I'm sure their fans would equally be chuffed.

I don't think they've competed in the transfer market over recent seasons but I think that was partly due to funds being needed for the stadium. I think that's now off the agenda and it'll be interesting to see how much dosh he gets to spend, next year?

Lets face it, there ain't enough trophies to go around for the top 4/6 fans to be happy about. Spurs had a good season but won nothing and Man City probably had a bad season and won nothing. So there's always gonna be some people who are pissed off.

Oh to have the luxury of being pissed off with their problems, I can only wish.

or

fa cup and europa league

you dont stop banging on about spurs.closet
    prefer them to arsenal.
  • Stan Kroenke with a new 2 year contract

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40073103

Damn you. I pride myself on not falling for these and now...
  • Thing is, most of the Wenger Out brigade don't actually go and watch Arsenal. They're armchair TV fans who know absolutely fuck all about football.
  • Thing is, most of the Wenger Out brigade don't actually go and watch Arsenal. They're armchair TV fans who know absolutely fuck all about football.

Or in Piers Morgan's case, anything beyond shady journalism practices (allegedly)
  • Is there a Justgiving page for all those traumatised Arse fans? Oh the anguish of an FA Cup win, full stadium, pitch full of international stars and 5th place in the Premiershite!

Yep, something just not quite right about it is there?

I suggest all those Gooners on the s/t waiting list are given a freebie down the Valley next year, along with the 'Wenger Out' brigade.

That should learn 'em.

• Sponsored links:

The ones that go know fuck all about football.
  • *read title*

"quickly open google images*

*type in "Michael Appleton"*

*copy image URL*

*realise it's a troll*

Damn you @killerandflash
  • rikofold said:

Stan Kroenke with a new 2 year contract

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40073103

Damn you. I pride myself on not falling for these and now...
    God dammit I nearly did it again!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: