Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Noakes RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP. A legend of my childhood.
  • Options
    As people have said, he was part of a lot of our childhood memories. Reunited with his beloved Shep now.

RIP
  • Options
    That's sad. R.I.P. John.
  • Options
    RIP A legend of British Television
  • Options
    RIP John, another significant part of my childhood gone.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    First time that i've seen the climb up nelsons column....scary, I wouldn't have tried that!
    RIP
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    RIP Noakesy.
  • Options
    Sad news- RIP John
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Very sad news. RIP John.

(I'm dreading the day when the flowerpot men go too)
  • Options
    The amazing thing about that Nelson's Column clip is that they played John's introduction to it on the radio today and my feet went cold just thinking how precarious those ladders made tied up there.

RIP John
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Funny how Noakes and Shep set the standard in my imagination for how a friendship between a man and dog should be, quite a lot to live up to though.

Top man and dog
  • Options
    Great presenter - decent man. RIP
  • Options
    Very sad. Blue Peter wasn't my favourite, but as it was for kids, I watched anyway. Someone posted the Blue Peter advent candle yesterday. Many memories sprang up.
    RIP John
  • Options
    I was genuinely saddened to hear this, but it appears he was suffering from dementia, so in some ways it is a relief.
    But surprised at how much affection I felt towards him, and how sad I was when I heard he had died.
    RIP John Noakes.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    For those growing up with him he was our friend. A beautiful man in the rue sense of the world. His love for Shep was really moving. R.I.P John. I look up at the sky and say thanks for John Noakes. And I say thanks to him for many happy childhood memories.
  • Options
    One of seemingly few figures from my childhood not now associated with something very different and more sinister. RIP.