Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

French Open 2017

...and we're off! Kerber out to Makarova. Completely rolled over by world number 40...

Looking forward to Thiem and also Dan Evans today.

Comments

• Really pleased for Petra Kvitova, winning her first match back after that horrendous hand injury
  • edited May 2017
    Dan Evans is on ITV4 (Channel 120 on Sky) against Robredo.

Just broke Robredo's serve for a 6-5 lead in the first set.
  • Evans wins first set 7-5.
  • He's 2-0 up in the second set now.
  • But back on serve.
  • Robredo wins the second set. One each now.
  • Evans breaks back from 3-1 down. On serve in the third. Evans is more Henman than Murray as my other half said...
  • For god's sake they're both playing like 6 year old girls.
  • Evans is going to lose this in 4.
  • Well he's a set and a break down already so, yeh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Robredo through 3-1.
  • Ridiculous scheduling Nadal and Djokovic to play at the same time.
  • My new favourite lady tennis player is Kristina Mladenovic. She is not a bad tennis player either.
  • It's her doubles partner Caroline Garcia for me.
  • Let's see if AM can do better than his last few performances.
  • Konta out
  • Konta out

Disappointing. Clay isn't her best surface, but you'd have hoped her overall form and experience would be enough to get a decent run in a very open French open
  • Proper little mercenary isnt he... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40083299

Like rusedski, I just can't get excited. British my arse
  • Zverev out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Zverev out!

That's a fall from grace...
  • Andy struggling in 2nd set again. He should be rolling over these guys.
  • Painful to watch. One set all against a very poor opponent
  • Murray cruises through, winning 4th set 6-0

I really like Murray but he don't half wind me up
  • Murray has being hitting the ball like a girl all year. So many of his standard forehand shots are landing tamely around the service line. Watching Edmunds at the moment and he hits rockets with his forehand. I get the sense that most of the top players are hitting the ball significantly harder than Murray these days.
  • Can't see him winning anything in this kind of form.

Saying that, he went two sets down against Stepanek in round 1 last year and took five sets to beat a French WC in round 2. Then he played himself into some form and won 13 sets out of 15 on a run into the final. Ended up being the catalyst to his Wimbledon win.

I'm hoping he can do something similar this year.
  • Murray has being hitting the ball like a girl all year. So many of his standard forehand shots are landing tamely around the service line. Watching Edmunds at the moment and he hits rockets with his forehand. I get the sense that most of the top players are hitting the ball significantly harder than Murray these days.

He had an elbow injury earlier in the year.

Can't help but think he may not have fully recovered from it which could account for his comparative lack of power.
  • Kyle Edmund is through in straight sets. Will probably play Tsonga in the next round.
  • Kyle Edmund is through in straight sets. Will probably play Tsonga in the next round.

Olivo beats Tsonga on his own turf....well...clay.

Olivo beats Tsonga on his own turf....well...clay.
    Wow

The first time Olivo has even reached the main draw in Paris