Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough chairman speaks out about high league one wages.

Comments

• Options
    Surely a fake Tommy D account?
  • Options
    If it ain’t fake, surely the best news in ages, that twat getting the push and sort of confirming the takeover is close.
  • Options
    I can't work out if Macanthony and Driesen know each other, or if Macanthony is just being sarcastic with that 'thanks pal' and laughing emoji.
  • Options
    It's not fake.
  • Options
    It’s his real account and that’s the best public news from inside the club re: a takeover in some time IMO.
  • Options
    TBF he has a point about Eisa....paid a fair bit for him and he's not done a lot for a while

McAnthony is not an idiot though so good luck to them.  
  • Options
    He’s now made his account private.
  • Options
    Interesting... His status shows 

This account's Tweets are protected.

Only confirmed followers have access to ThomasDriesen10's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

• Options

Oh my fucking god, Driesen is on the look for a new job
    I agree that they paid too much for Eisa, not much of an upgrade on Bonne, at 6 times the price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    which means he is only now working for CAFC..
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Clubs are putting too much trust in "statistics" - that appears to be Driesen's method

I was on a scouting course recently and there were a few "Analysts" there that thought they knew everything.  When it came to evaluating a player from video footage or, better still, a real match, they were somewhat lacking.

Stats can maybe alert you to a player's performance in comparison with his peers but that can only tell you so much.  You need to see a player in the flesh to see what they contribute.  And you need to see if over a few games - not just one hit.

In an ideal world you would be proficient in the relevant software but also clued up enough to know when a player has what you are looking for.  

Joe Allen a few years ago had 97% passing accuracy over a season - unbelievable.  But hardly any of them went forwards.  They were all safe sideways passes that didn't do anything positive.
    exactly. bang on.

football is not an exact science and cannot be broken into set plays and therefore accurately broken down into the context of the overall game.  save that for baseball.

a great example is Mustafi's OPTA ratings this season. because the lumpen oaf goes to ground so easily because he is awful, he sometimes tops OPTA rankings for interceptions and tackles.

however, by the same logic a beckenbauer/moore/baresi type centre back who just coasts along sniffing out danger before it manifests, doesn't get rated for these unquantifiable footballing skills.

football manager is a game. being a football manager is not. if that Belgian Smurf had any real ability he would be talked of in high regard by proper football persons such as Chris Powell and Lee Bowyer. he is a joke figure, only in the game because he is patronised by another joke figure.

how's that player farm/network idea working out now?
  • Options
    Fingers crossed he pitches up at Bruges in due course where the fragrant Katie can make use of his skills

whatever they might be.
  • Options
    All I can say is I'm glad he's not cheap.  The only player he picked that made a profit was Gudmunson.  All the players we got significant money for had nothing to do with him.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The big problem with statistics is where they arrive from has to be variable. You are going to have better stats playing against lesser players. I think statistics play a part though, it is just they have to be used to confirm/check what you might think. 

The best way to spot a player is to watch them a few times. The more times the better of course but even a couple of times will give you a good idea. You also have to be thinking what it is you need as well and how well they will fit in your team. One thing that I have experienced at first hand though is that sometimes you might have a player that you think is doing Ok but statistics show he is doing much better than that. With a defender, that could be a reduction of certain types of chances since they have been in the team. With an offensive player it may be people see them missing too many but statistics show they are getting more chances and different chances than you were getting before! 
  • Options
    Stats can be used to prove anything - you can't rely on them solely.

• Options
    Stats can be used to prove anything - you can't rely on them solely.

Statistics show that if everyone in the world is laid head to toe, 80% of us would drown 
  • Options
    If all the American settlers who died on route from the East to the promised land of Oregon and Northern Cailfornia from 1836 onwards were buried symmetrically, there would be a grave every 80 metres.
  • Options
    Stats rarely tell all the story - for example, 'assists' stats can be impressive ....... but only if another player, the bloke who scores the goal, does his job.

Chance after chance can be created, but if the striker is wasteful that's nil assists for the player who made the goalscoring opportunity.

• Options
    You aren’t proper Charlton unless Driesen’s blocked you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I asked him a question and he has not replied.. I am not expecting him to reply. Big head. small prick 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    TBF he has a point about Eisa....paid a fair bit for him and he's not done a lot for a while

I used to watch Eisa quite regularly at Greenwich Borough. Very raw but always got goals. With the right development he could justify his price tag.

Hope it works out for him as a nice lad.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    I asked him a question and he has not replied.. I am not expecting him to reply. Big head. small prick 
    Are you saying he’s a massive bellend?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I used to watch Eisa quite regularly at Greenwich Borough. Very raw but always got goals. With the right development he could justify his price tag.

Hope it works out for him as a nice lad.
    He's 25 in a couple of weeks - strikers tend to develop a bit earlier though there are exceptions (Lyle for instance) 
  • Options
    Love this from Darragh

Had lot of away fans message me about MM being out on Saturday night.The outrage over a young person who had brilliant day at office on Saturday, then going out and enjoying himself.. 🙄. Ive told the 'red room Bar' to send me his tab as I'll happily pay it. Play hard/Word Hard😎
    Fair play.
    Although, if he likes to “Word hard”, maybe he should check out the crossword thread
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86709/favourite-crossword-clues

:D 
  • Options
    If he pays the bar bill, the FA/EFL will be after him for unauthorized payments. 
  • Options
    Who’s MM? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Who’s MM? 

Mickey Mouse
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Who’s MM? 
    Marcus Maddison

Scored 2 goals against Sunderland on Saturday