Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wentworth PGA.

Lovely old course and very tight in places, don't really like the changes to 18 but depending on the pin Sunday could be an interesting finish.

Comments

• I'm there on Sunday although Wentworth isn't the best for viewing.

Hopefully a couple of big names are out in the morning to watch, shame about Rory but looking forward to seeing Thomas Pieters. He is cold hearted.

Yeah 18 doesn't fit and is too small a target. Also has minimal viewing if you're not a corporate sleaze.
  • Don't forget your waterproofs, they're talking storms, sorry to be doom and gloom.
  • F1 now this good job I got my jobs done, might need to make an entry on the wine thread soon.
  • Yeah Johnston, Pieters and Grace at the top, I'll take that. I'm surprised it's playing so tough.
  • Don't forget to pick up a beef beard tomorrow.
  • Not sure if I like the changes, especially the new ones as they've taken out a load of bunkers & flattened down the ones that are left. Also I don't think they should have altered the greens either - members & competitions alike have played on it for years without complaining so the Pro's should have just lumped it.

I may be a bit prejudiced as I played it about 15 years ago (admittedly in the spring when it was a bit damp & the ball didn't run so far) and didn't play that well. Didn't hit it well off the tee & couldn't keep it out of the rough - but did birdie the par 3 10th with a monster 20 ft putt.
  • We've got Wentworth away in a National golf comp in two weeks' time. It should be stunning! We played them last year too, off the Championship tees. We lost 3 1/2 - 1 1/2, with me being our only winner. I managed to shoot a Net 68!
  • Do you play the West Course ? I thought they would make you play the East.
  • Do you play the West Course ? I thought they would make you play the East.

It's the West Course as it's their club golf team we play. Luckily enough :-)
  • What you off now Spence ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I got cut today @northstandsteve so down to 11.3 my lowest ever. Been a 12 for too long but with Josh's football, hardly ever play comp rounds at the moment.
  • I stopped playin when Joe started I was off 12, he is under 17's next season so look to join a club again after next year.