Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Blue Brazil

Cowdenbeth avoided a third consecutive relegation, and dropping out of the league, by winning a penalty shoot out 5 - 3 against East Kilbride.

Comments

• My partner is from Cowdenbeath and most of her family follow the Blue Brazil. They have been punching above their weight for years.

While there is money starting to bleed into the surrounding area from Edinburgh, the town itself is on it's arse. Just bookies, charity shops and take-aways left in what was once a thriving community.

Glasgow is less than an hour away and there are coach loads of fans who go to Rangers and Celtic every week. Not to mention Edinburgh is 20 minutes away. So get to the championship and stay in it on the budget they had was nothing short of a miracle.

I think the icing on the cake was beating local rivals Dunfermline in the relegation play-offs a few years back. Hope they can start to turn things around again.
  • edited May 2017
    Cowdenbeath are my Scottish side simply because they sounded like Cow Breath when I was a kid when watching Final Score

Really relieved that they've managed to survive, like you say they've suddenly dropped like a stone since having a two year period in the Championship.

I know it came into effect last season (with Edinburgh City winning promotion) but promotion from the Lowland and Highland Divisions into the Football League is long overdue for Scottish Football!!
  • For what it's worth, East Kilbride won the splendidly named Ferrari Packaging Lowland League title this year.
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cowdenbeath have survived!!!!!!

Won 3-2 after being 2-1 down despite taking an early lead - Looks like Cove lost the plot in the end as had three players sent off in injury time!!
  • Bloody brilliant good night out in benidorm last night celebrating. I have 3 teams in play offs this year ebbsfleet Cowden and of course charlton. Thought Cowden would be the only ones to do it...hope I am wrong.
  • Bloody brilliant good night out in benidorm last night celebrating. I have 3 teams in play offs this year ebbsfleet Cowden and of course charlton. Thought Cowden would be the only ones to do it...hope I am wrong.

Enjoy Benidorm mate.
    Hopefully a Charlton win will keep the celebrations going.

Enjoy Benidorm mate.
    Hopefully a Charlton win will keep the celebrations going.
    Thx...not enjoying our match though
  • Benidorm is mental !
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:

Benidorm is mental !

It is indeed...

I thought you ‘supported’ Celtic?

More clubs than Tiger Woods.

I thought you ‘supported’ Celtic?

More clubs than Tiger Woods.
    I do...
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Won 3-2 after being 2-1 down despite taking an early lead - Looks like Cove lost the plot in the end as had three players sent off in injury time!!

Spoke to a mate of mine yesterday who was at the match, and he said the Cove players pulled a fire extinguisher off the wall and smashed their cutlery and items provided for them. The referee asked the club whether they wanted to include it in his report but the club declined.
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spoke to a mate of mine yesterday who was at the match, and he said the Cove players pulled a fire extinguisher off the wall and smashed their cutlery and items provided for them. The referee asked the club whether they wanted to include it in his report but the club declined.
    Decent of them... I usually look out for Cowdenbeath's results rather than look deep into whats going on up there, yet during the Play-Off Final I noticed their #club135 hashtag on twitter - Bit of research on their website and I couldn't believe the troubles that they're in at the moment (Also think its quite nice to an extent how the likes of Ferguson / Smith are chipping in to try and save the club)

For Cove Rangers to do that damage though to a club who are in financial difficulty is proper muggy though!!
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Decent of them... I usually look out for Cowdenbeath's results rather than look deep into whats going on up there, yet during the Play-Off Final I noticed their #club135 hashtag on twitter - Bit of research on their website and I couldn't believe the troubles that they're in at the moment (Also think its quite nice to an extent how the likes of Ferguson / Smith are chipping in to try and save the club)

For Cove Rangers to do that damage though to a club who are in financial difficulty is proper muggy though!!
    Indeed. One of the directors Tam Ewing is a friend of mine, used to travel with him to away games and drink with at home matches. He said if they go down their unlikely to come back.

Trouble is there are supporters buses that go through to Glasgow and Edinburgh that leave from practically outside central park on a match Saturday, shame some don't support their local club.
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Indeed. One of the directors Tam Ewing is a friend of mine, used to travel with him to away games and drink with at home matches. He said if they go down their unlikely to come back.

Trouble is there are supporters buses that go through to Glasgow and Edinburgh that leave from practically outside central park on a match Saturday, shame some don't support their local club.
    Sorry do you mean Supporter Buses that take fans to see Celtic | Rangers | Hibs | Hearts etc.?
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry do you mean Supporter Buses that take fans to see Celtic | Rangers | Hibs | Hearts etc.?
    Happens at most clubs up there. Down here a Man Utd bus leaves from Home Park for each home game.
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yes indeed.... Although i like Celtic and have seen them play, i only did when Cowdenbeath weren't playing. Recall being in wee jimmies pub in Cowdenbeath high street and there were loads of fans with blue and white on. At 13.30 a bus pulled up outside and the pub emptied. Rangers were playing Hibs in Edinburgh that afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Happens at most clubs up there. Down here a Man Utd bus leaves from Home Park for each home game.
    Don't Man Utd have a shop in Plymouth.