Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Three Girls

2»

Comments

• Options

Daggs said:

name sentance birthplace;

sabir ahmed - 19 years pakistan
    adil khan - 8 years pakistan
    kabeer hassan - 9 years 3 years on licence pakistan
    abdul aziz - 9 years pakistan
    abdul rauf - 6 years pakistan
    mohammed sajid - 12 years pakistan
    mohammed amid - 5 years pakistan
    hamid safi - 4 years afghanistan (here illegally - deported at end of his sentance )
    abdul qayumm - 5 years pakistan

when you consider majority of those sentances will be halved, not really much of a punishment in my opinion.

Not really clear why where they are born is such an issue - as far as I'm aware every culture has its share of paedophile s and groomers. The issue here is about failure to protect vulnerable children which has clearly being going on for decades.

There are those who've tried to make political capital out of it whereas the fault lies with society as a whole. Jimmy Saville the ultimate nonce seemed untouchable...
    Crap. The fault lies with the Muslim community for carrying out these vile acts.
    And the police and politicians for desperately hushing it up to avoid racial tension in their imaginary multi-culti paradise.
    You prove my point - if you want to make political capital out of it that's fine. Fortunately we don't have any paedophiles or cover ups in the Church of England, Catholic Church, Parliament etc etc. It's all down to the Muslims, foreigners etc.

The particular case in which the drama is about the asian community of rotherham are at fault, there is wide cases of peadophilia in the catholic church aswell, but this isnt what the drama and case is about.

you may not mean in it that way but you seem to be taking offence on behalf of people. i believe this is a culural issue, as the religion of which most of the perpetrators are have a very different view on womens rights etc. if in any doubt check out womens rights in pakistan etc .
    I am certainly not taking offence but this isn't about women's rights but the abuse of children - unless I'm very much mistaken I wasn't aware that Islam promoted it.

My concern is that people use things to support their own agenda by using sweeping generalisations.

Whether you like it or not child abuse and grooming goes on in every community and it would be foolish to argue otherwise. There has been a consistent failure by the authorities to protect vulnerable children - those who perpetrate child abuse can come from any religious or ethnic background. There have been numerous cover ups over time

If you think child abuse is somehow confined to the Asian community then perhaps you should do some more research.

I thought the main purpose of this drama was to show how child abuse is routinely not investigated properly. You should watch the film Spotlight to see how abuse on an industrial scale was covered up by the Catholic Church.

There are no cultures free of this problem sadly...
  • Options

But in this case that is documented in the programme the very reason it was ignored were for reasons you can't ignore.
    The perpetrators were of Muslim faith and the victims picked specifically because they were vulnerable white girls whom 'society' had labelled not fit to be 'victims'.
    Those two reasons alone were exactly why no one in authority would investigate it fully.
    No amount of pretending to gain political points can alter that fact.

There's always a reason given why child abuse isn't investigated and this is largely down to the background of the victims and also to that of those perpetrating it. The common thread running through this is that society consistently fails to protect the most vulnerable.

Child abuse has been going on since the year dot in sport, in families, in religious groups etc and I'm sure as we can all see it's often not dealt with. The more vulnerable the victim the less likely they are to get justice and the more likely they are to be abused - that seems to be the most important point.

Paedophiles whether they are black, white, yellow, Catholic, Muslim etc target the vulnerable and they need more protection. This drama is just an example of how society fails to protect vulnerable children - there are numerous examples of this.
  • Options

Daggs said:

hamid safi - 4 years afghanistan (here illegally - deported at end of his sentance )

when you consider majority of those sentances will be halved, not really much of a punishment in my opinion.

Not really clear why where they are born is such an issue - as far as I'm aware every culture has its share of paedophile s and groomers. The issue here is about failure to protect vulnerable children which has clearly being going on for decades.

There are those who've tried to make political capital out of it whereas the fault lies with society as a whole. Jimmy Saville the ultimate nonce seemed untouchable...
    Crap. The fault lies with the Muslim community for carrying out these vile acts.
    And the police and politicians for desperately hushing it up to avoid racial tension in their imaginary multi-culti paradise.
    You prove my point - if you want to make political capital out of it that's fine. Fortunately we don't have any paedophiles or cover ups in the Church of England, Catholic Church, Parliament etc etc. It's all down to the Muslims, foreigners etc.

We get it, multi culturism is good, anyone who says otherwise is racist/looking for political gain, blah blah you've missed the point.

Anyhow, that first episode made me feel sick to my stomach, can't imagine what damage that must have done to these poor girls, these animals ruined what's meant to be the greatest years of their lives and all should serve the death penalty.
  • Options

Daggs said:

We get it, multi culturism is good, anyone who says otherwise is racist/looking for political gain, blah blah you've missed the point.

Anyhow, that first episode made me feel sick to my stomach, can't imagine what damage that must have done to these poor girls, these animals ruined what's meant to be the greatest years of their lives and all should serve the death penalty.

Daggs said:

I made the point that it wasn't just a problem within the Asian community which racists were trying to imply at the time. Are you arguing otherwise or am I missing something?

If you took the time to read what I wrote I've argued that there has been a consistent failure to protect the vulnerable.

I'm not really clear what your point is exactly?
  • Options
    Haven't watched the programme as when I get home from work I like to try and forget that bad things happen in the world. However having read through this I just want to clarify - I work on a wing that holds sex offenders and there is not a disproportionate number of Asian/Muslim prisoners, the vast majority of offenders are white and English, a lot in for raping/sexually assaulting their own children/grandchildren or the children/grandchildren of family members or friends involving a lot of grooming.

What I'm trying to say is the problem is no worse in one community than it is in any other, there are heinous individuals capable of the vilest crimes of all colours, nationalities and religions.
  • Options
    Did these men target white girls
  • Options

Haven't watched the programme as when I get home from work I like to try and forget that bad things happen in the world. However having read through this I just want to clarify - I work on a wing that holds sex offenders and there is not a disproportionate number of Asian/Muslim prisoners, the vast majority of offenders are white and English, a lot in for raping/sexually assaulting their own children/grandchildren or the children/grandchildren of family members or friends involving a lot of grooming.

What I'm trying to say is the problem is no worse in one community than it is in any other, there are heinous individuals capable of the vilest crimes of all colours, nationalities and religions.

Don't envy your job - must be hard to switch off from it.
  • Options
    I've been watching and very harrowing, makes me sick.

I don't believe there is a race issue here in respect of the people who committed the offences. What I think people are referring to is it seems from the programme that the race issue was a cause for the delays in it being properly investigated and charges brought?

I know from friends in the Met that post the Lawrence enquiry where the police were badged as 'institutionally racist' there was a fear with a large proportion of the force when investigating serious crime involving minorities against non minorities (not necessarily sexual).
  • Options

Don't envy your job - must be hard to switch off from it.

It is at times and it does make you less trusting of others but on the whole I enjoy it. It beats working in an office.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    But they were targeted because they were not Muslim.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    clb74 said:

Not sure if this was a question for me but if it is then I'll answer. Some of the Muslim prisoners on my wing are in for offending against their own family members whilst others aren't. Were they all members of grooming gangs? No, not at all. Were all victims white amongst those who weren't involved in grooming? No, their victims have been from all races. This is exactly the same as offending done by non-Muslims. Those are the facts.

To add, I have encountered individuals from Asian grooming gangs who have on the whole been narcisstic, chauvinistic, manipulative, devious, controlling bullies and these traits have influenced how they have behaved on the wing. A few have caused problems with how they prey on other inmates. Ultimately I think being scumbags is in their make up and would have been had they been white Christians. A wrong un is a wrong no matter what the colour or creed.
  • Options
    But in this case, based on the drama, they were targeted for being the most vulnerable & less likely to be taken seriously & most definitely not Muslim.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Exactly - they targeted the most weak and vulnerable just like they target the most weak and vulnerable in prison, the ones least likely to tell and the ones easiest to threaten into silence.

Edit - I know from similar cases that not all victims were white although I accept that the majority have been. Some of the victims have been Muslim girls. The one thing the victims have had in common is that they've been vulnerable and left to cope in a society that so often lets down girls like that.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    clb74 said:

Yes, in this specific case and what the TV programme is about.
  • Options

Daggs said:

The particular case in which the drama is about the asian community of rotherham are at fault, there is wide cases of peadophilia in the catholic church aswell, but this isnt what the drama and case is about.

you may not mean in it that way but you seem to be taking offence on behalf of people. i believe this is a culural issue, as the religion of which most of the perpetrators are have a very different view on womens rights etc. if in any doubt check out womens rights in pakistan etc .
    The drama is about Rochdale not Rotherham. Although, Rotherham had a very similar issue, as did many Northern/North Midland towns.
  • Options
    Why are the big news outlets not covering these cases outside courts like they would a sexy murder or a footballer rape accusation

I find it absolutely disgusting that cases like this have not garnered any media attention. As a society we need to be not allowing this to happen. It matters not what fairytale's the perpetrators happen to follow it must not be allowed to happen and every single community affected cannot wash their hands of it.
  • Options
    I think you'll find that the media did cover this rather widely - don't forget that this was 7 years ago.
  • Options
    If you can find me a case in the last 20 years where over 1400 girls were plied with alcohol, cigarettes, and addicted to hard drugs, then raped, abused and driven around the country, forced to have abortions, being pimped out by a predominately white group going after vulnerable Asian girls then fair enough, examples like saville etc are just as bad but I'm talking about the here and now ( within the last 20 years) as I believe times have moved on. The sentances are a disgrace but that's down to the judge and cps, hopefully the bastards get done in inside, the BBC were very good for doing the program but did edit it in a way which led to people questioning the parents, police and services etc, not the people that were carrying out the crimes, also I do wonder why it was run over 3 consecutive nights?.
  • Options
    Found it uncomfortable and anger inducing viewing. Not pleasant in the slightest. As others have said Lisa Riley and Maxine Peake both did a marvellous job playing their roles, but Paul Kaye's portrayal of Holly's Dad was exceptional, I don't mind admitting last night he had me in tears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think you'll find that the media did cover this rather widely - don't forget that this was 7 years ago.

It took a long while for it to gather much momentum in the press. Even now it's still going on with cases happening & very little being reported.

There's a video floating around of Tommy Robinson being interviewed by Paxman about this, he is trying to brush it under the carpet. Another recent case in Sunderland which has gathered very little attention either.

https://policehour.co.uk/2017/01/brave-sunderland-woman-speaks-out-following-kidnap-gang-rape-and-brutal-attack/
  • Options

It took a long while for it to gather much momentum in the press. Even now it's still going on with cases happening & very little being reported.

There's a video floating around of Tommy Robinson being interviewed by Paxman about this, he is trying to brush it under the carpet. Another recent case in Sunderland which has gathered very little attention either.

https://policehour.co.uk/2017/01/brave-sunderland-woman-speaks-out-following-kidnap-gang-rape-and-brutal-attack/
    Its shameful his YouTube channel is the only news coverage the case involving the young girl, Chelsie, in Sunderland as well as the one with the gang of men in Oxford. In fact, what actually sickens me, and I mean makes me feel physically repulsed is, if it was someone other than him doing it, say Russel Brand for example, these cases would have not crept up on everyone like this programme has like an explosion. And nobody can tell me this isn't what has happened, just the amount of interest and comments on my Facebook newsfeed tells me that.

The worst thing is this isn't news, I know this goes on and not just with gangs of Muslim men (and don't anyone insult me by calling me a bigot/racist or anything else that shows laziness and ignorance just because I uttered the word 'muslim' paedolphiles and rapists don't get the hide behind a religion same for catholics and any other fairytale follower) but gangs of slavic men and the police and social services are absolutely aware it is going on but because the devious, controlling animals these men are put the fear of God into the girls involved and the community they live within actively shelter and shield the pieces of shit.

A labour councillor in Rochdale actually stood as a character witness to one of the sub-human vermin involved who was found guilty. Now that's either naivety at best or collusion at worst.

Whatever the race, religious excuse or any other shield these worms hide behind they should be rejected by society as a whole. How on earth are we at a point in human history where the police are afraid to do anything for fear of political repurcussions.

The authorities are as bad as the perpetrators and they are still letting young girls, people's daughters, down
  • Options
    Just finished watching it.

Apart from the disturbing, sad and very important isssues, as a piece of Television it was excellent.

The acting, direction and writing were amazing.

Didn't really know what it was about when I started watching it, but remembered the case when I did.

At first when I saw the cast come up on the opening credits I thought, here we go, what's this going to be like.

In the last episode I had a few tears down my face on a couple of occasions.

I thought it was a fitting dedication to what happened to these girls and hopefully helps to prevent these things happening again.
  • Options
    documentary on bbc last night believe it is on iplayer aswell;

In May 2012, eight British-Pakistani men and an Afghan asylum-seeker were found guilty of the grooming, rape and sex trafficking of underage teenage girls in Rochdale, but it turned out that police and social services had known about the abusers for years and that the scandal went far beyond the Greater Manchester town. This feature-length documentary features testimonies from victims whose stories have not been told before and includes interviews with people who spoke out on behalf of the girls