Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Cornell RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    R I P
  • Options
    Another legend from my youth gone. Listening to Superunknown at moment and some of the lyrics are very heavy if he did take his own life - was certainly a guy with some serious demons. RIP
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Very sad news. Superunknown is a fantastic album, and he also did some great work as a solo artist and with Audioslave. I've always enjoyed vocalists with a distinctive voice, and you certainly always know it's a Chris Cornell track the moment he starts singing.

Passed up the opportunity to go see him live a few months ago, timing was awkward so I figured I'd catch him next time around, sadly there won't be another chance now.
  • Options
    Been confirmed that this is suicide by hanging.

In this instance I can't stop thinking what his wife and children are going through.
  • Options

Been confirmed that this is suicide by hanging.

In this instance I can't stop thinking what his wife and children are going through.

Can't imagine how terrible they must feel....
  • Options
    Hard to think that groups of people would have left the Soundgarden gig last night talking about how good it was, what songs they did and didn't play and the man that gave them that couple of hours of joy was in a hotel somewhere ending his life.

The last song they played was Zeppelin's "in my time of dying"
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    1StevieG said:

You are kidding me? Holy shit! Was listening to Audioslave this week.

An incredible talent although not particularly charismatic as a front man.

I was fortunate to see Soundgarden play a few years ago, Motorhead were also on the bill as were Faith No More. Thankfully Mike Patton will live forever!

https://youtu.be/7QU1nvuxaMA

Mike Patton has one of the best voices to grace this earth.
    Correct, a 6 Octave range and outsang Lionel Richie on their cover of Easy; but more than that one of the most charisma front men there has ever been.

Cobain and Staley both died on April 5th and Cornell joins Ian Curtis on 18th May. The three known deaths were depression related and rumours are Cornells may have been as well.

Edit: Didn't realise there was a 2nd page on this threads 4 out of 4 and Curtis hung himself as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

1StevieG said:

You are kidding me? Holy shit! Was listening to Audioslave this week.

An incredible talent although not particularly charismatic as a front man.

I was fortunate to see Soundgarden play a few years ago, Motorhead were also on the bill as were Faith No More. Thankfully Mike Patton will live forever!

https://youtu.be/7QU1nvuxaMA

Mike Patton has one of the best voices to grace this earth.
    Correct, a 6 Octave range and outsang Lionel Richie on their cover of Easy; but more than that one of the most charisma front men there has ever been.

Cobain and Staley both died on April 5th and Cornell joins Ian Curtis on 18th May. The three known deaths were depression related and rumours are Cornells may have been as well.
    Funny you mention Easy as that is one of my top ten songs and yes he sings it
    better than the original ( not knocking Lionel as he has a great voice but this version is akin to Sinead OConnors cover of Nothing Compares To You ). Sad to say that when Cobain died I lost interest in becoming a fan of anyone else because I was such i diehard fan.
  • Options
    RIP. Very Sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you haven't heard his version of nothing compares to you, I would strongly recommend googling and listening to it.

I hadn't heard it before today it's an amazing version.
  • Options

If you haven't heard his version of nothing compares to you, I would strongly recommend googling and listening to it.

I hadn't heard it before today it's an amazing version.

Yep. Heard it yesterday. Absolutely stunning!

https://youtu.be/IuUDRU9-HRk