Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AKFA Bartram.... a legend

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Big it up for the little fella with a huge heart and stroke of genius for enabling the day to go ahead so smoothly. £23000 is a stunning total I feel proud to have your acquaintance

Comments

• Options
    Seconded....
  • Options
    Yesterday really put Charlton Life 'On the Map' I think. This was Mainly down to Smudge....
    'Take a Bow son' (In Andy Gray accent). I am sure Demelza are 'Over the moon' as well.
  • Options
    Could not agree more!!

WELL DONE AFKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    yes well done AFKA and thanks for name checking me in the programme, just read it, very pleased!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes well done AFKA and thanks for name checking me in the programme, just read it, very pleased!

Speaking of Name checking who spelt my name Everitt as in Rick rather than Everett as in Mick on my Certficate ?
  • Options
    Something to be very proud of. Well done D, you have given more over the past months than most do in a lifetime. So pleased CAFC have people like yourself and all those that helped you along the way. Congratulations to ALL those who put their time in, I'm sure Demelza will use the cash to benefit those who really need it and in turn make your efforts all worthwhile.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes well done AFKA and thanks for name checking me in the programme, just read it, very pleased!

Speaking of Name checking who spelt my name Everitt as in Rick rather than Everett as in Mick on my Certficate ?
    Danny spells it like that - you wouldn't believe the number of times I've changed it over the past couple of months! ;o)

Did I miss one in the programme?
  • Options
    'Big Up' You've done us all proud.*

*Being a modest man, I wouldn't bet against him 'Sinking' this thread in the next five minutes ;-)
  • Options
    thanks afka, for someone that wasn't going to be able to do a lot of organising, you did a hell of a lot!
    your place of work will be shocked at the amount of work you're going to start doing from now on!!
    thanks for the name check too!
  • Options

I was given the list of names to write out the Certificates, So I'm half guilty!!!

Mx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    someone forgot les!! but i got one and i didn't even don a pair of shorts!
  • Options
    WELL DONE AFKA!!!

Fantastic organisation!!

Mx
  • Options
    yes did Canada catch up with you maria as his surname was incorrect... his surname wasnt just spelt incorrectly it was a completely different name. you got it right cos danny wrote down the wrong name on the team list too.

But we will let him off as he had a lot on.

But anyway Canada was looknig for you as you had some spares.
  • Options
    Not sure as a few people came up to me afterwards (Not sure who they were) and I gave a few blank ones out - plus Danny had a few after I left, I still have a few at home - so if someone didn't then let me know and I'll figure out a way to get them one sent.

Mx
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    thanks guys, but it needs to be stressed it was a massive team effort as you will see below. I was just the little guy with the big mouth unduly taking the thanks. We're ALL just grateful it went off with no hiccups and everyone enjoyed it.

I said on the mike that it wasn't possible to thank everyone because there simply too many to thank, and i know none of us do anything for public praise. But some people do deserve highlighting, especially if i'm getting mentioned and if i've mised you off, i sincerely apologise.

Kets, Suzi and Curb It
    for help with the arrangements, the ladies in particularly for sterling work with producing the raffle tickets, and selling them.
    Kets and Carter for the DJ'ing
    BDL for the excellent PA work
    F-Blocker for producing, and flogging the excellent programmes, Carling for his generous printing services
    Maria, who's idea it was for the certificates which i thought was a lovely touch, particularly for the mascots
    WSS's mum for the wonderful spread (if anyone needs a caterer, please contact WSS)
    Henry, Sukie, the directors, Connie at the training ground, Rothko, David Ramsam, Melodie, Scouse Katy, Boony and Nigel Wooldridge for donation of raflle and auction presents, or organising providing them.
    The four team managers - thank you, that worked really well
    3Blokes for organising the record
    Spankie, CfW Stu and Steve kindly giving up their time to officiate
    Hillsy Up, Charlton Charlie for supplying kits
    MCS for shaving his beard and looking 14 again.
    Martin Simons, David White and Killer for giving up their time to support.
    Natalie Evans at Demelza
    Mick Everett at the club in trusting us to organise it

See, massive team effort so please share the love around. The final total will not be £23,000, it will be around £20,000 i think which is still more than any of us dreamed of a few months ago. Hopefully it will lead on to this site having an ongoing committment with such a good chairity foundation.

Time to get back to normal now though.
  • Options
    the congratulations are well deserved mate, it was a top top day and organised superbly
  • Options
    hats off to you afka.
    i left the valley with a very rewarding glow last night, and i would have still had that glow even if i was stone cold sobre.
  • Options
    Also a vote of thanks to Carling for printing the programmes for nowt!
  • Options
    oh, and whoever the guy was who said to me 'this has been better than my wedding day', apologise for disagreeing with you, but i was standing next to my wife at the time !!
  • Options
    did you have many left over Si?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]

Danny spells it like that - you wouldn't believe the number of times I've changed it over the past couple of months! ;o)

Did I miss one in the programme?

No Simon Programme was correct, very good effort on that fella as well by the way.
  • Options

sorry John, i'm rubbish with names :-)
  • Options
    Thanks for everything AFKA, really enjoy being in the technical area, and no problems on the Killer flag, really happy it raised what it did.
  • Options
    It was just a wonderful day, and made me very proud to be Charlton - or should I say Charltonlife? AFKA, you really do deserve all the praise you're getting for making it happen.

Whilst I wouldn't (dare) say it was better than my wedding day, it probably comes second only to that as a day when I didn't stop smiling.
  • Options
    It's all been said.

Huge thanks to all involved.....A lifetime dream fulfilled.
  • Options
    great work, dan. thanks for the push to get myself involved. as said above, a lifetime dream fulfilled and for a wonderful cause.
  • Options
    Amen to that!
  • Options
    Thats something else.
    Great achivement for a great cause, well done to everyone involved.
  • Options
    Last night was well the equivalent of a Dream for me as well, playing at the Valley was only part of it. A combination of my favourite things in life, Playing Footie, DJ'ing, Drinking with Friends all that was missing was a couple of women to enjoy it with as well.......bugger me I had that as well :-)
  • Options
    Congrats to everyone involved, you should be very proud of yourselves, that's an astonishing figure!