Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crayford dogs

I am off to Crayford dogs tonight for a couple of beers with some mates and a few bets. Historically I have gone with random betting looking at name, size or I have even bet on a dog because it had a poo before it went into the traps. Needless to say I will never make it rich at the dog track!!

Those of you lifers that go to the dogs I am interested what your selection methodology is and whether all that info that is on the race card actually helps or confuses the situation.

Comments

• I tend to do the same numbers as 50p all-way-trios through the card.
    At Crayford - 3-5-6 if it's dry, 4-2-1 if it's rained recently.
    I've had 3-5-6 come in 4 out of 12/13 times before and was a nice little earner.
    That said, I've also had nights with no winners at all!!
  • I've approached betting in 3 different ways when on a night out at the dogs (preferred catford when that was open).
    1, study the race card.
    2, do names.
    3, pick 3 numbers and do an all ways tricast through the card.

I've been most successful with method 3.
    As long as you only bet what you can afford then you should enjoy it.

PS 1-3-5 through the card. Thank me later.
  • I've approached betting in 3 different ways when on a night out at the dogs (preferred catford when that was open).
    1, study the race card.
    2, do names.

Thanks, what are you looking for on the race card?
  • edited May 2017
    I tend to do the inside dogs 1-2-3 as Crayford is quite a tight track.

Dogs is lottery tho, and usually bent, so you are almost better off sticking to names.
  • edited May 2017
    As valley gary says, Crayford is tight so look at low traps and dogs that have been getting to the first bend leading.

**cue 6-5 romping through the card**
  • edited May 2017
    Crayford doesn't have the bias as it once did as they re did the surface not long ago. However it still happens from time to time. I know one of the trainers and follow his dogs occasionally, thats how I know that useless bit of information which I didn't think I would ever be repeating to anyone ever.
  • £1 Reverse forecast, random numbers...
  • 1&2 through the card, that's what my nan used to do.
    I've been a couple of times but it's not really my thing. I get bored of seeing my money run round losing.
  • Best bet .... go to bar and stay there !!!

• £1 Reverse forecast, random numbers...

1 & 6, throughout the card.
  • Sponsored links:

• I always find the dog racing is a bit of a lottery I tend to do three or 4 pounds per race and always seem to end up with about what I started with.
    Plus a few beers.
    Plus chicken in a basket
  • A group of us had it right off at Romford last year at a Christmas do.
    Or method was rolling a dice.
    Say 6 of you are going, each roll the dice. Should a stand out number recur, back it.
    Should two numbers recur - reverse forecast.
    Thank me tomorrow.
    The likelihood of all six rolling an individual number are very slim.
  • We'll look at the times and make an informed decision.

Also look at bet365 for their odds. Often very telling.
  • 1 -6 reverse forecasts or 1-4-6 tricasts if wanna spend bit more.

And a fiver on the 5 dog in the last race.
  • Crayford being such a tight track, if a dog leads at the first bend it normally wins, so look for early pace ep in the comments. There is a colomn that shows you the time to the finish line first time around, look at this to find the likely first bend leader.
    There are are a lot of things to consider and more often than not it does not run to form. Beginners normally do well as when you get a winner the price you get is normally good as you may pick an outsider cos of the name.
    Have a good one
  • Went the other week. Went for names and had success!
  • Loads of trap 2 and trap 3s went in tonight
  • Wasn't the best of nights, no profit but recouped all of my betting money on that second to last race, no science, just luck!!!
    1, study the race card.
    2, do names.

Just looked at last nights results and 1-3-5 £1 all ways tricast through the card would've seen £100 profit. Came in 3 times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicholas said:

Loads of trap 2 and trap 3s went in tonight

Dodgy curry the night before?
  • edited February 2019
    It's been a while, back to the dogs tonite with wife and friends. Going to win my millions!!!

Get ready Roland, I'm coming to get the club.