Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life End of Season Thank You's 2016/17

13»

Comments

• Thanks to everyone for their hard work.
  • Amazing forum
    Amazing people who run it
    Amazing people who contribute
    Amazing amount of time I lose each day, week, year with keeping up with events.

Wouldn't want it any other way.
  • Stig said:

Despite being a very difficult year there have as ever been a hatful of people of people consistently making excellent posts. Some such as Redmidland, Paddy and Seth for the match threads. Alwaysneil and Jimmy who stepped into the breach, most entertainingly. Others for running other regular features like PaulBaconSarnie's Beat The Bookie and Shirty's Prediction Thread (even if I do always find myself giving up very quickly).

Then there are posters who consistently make good posts. Fanny for her match reports, Dippenhall for his analysis, Airman for the insights and AFKA for being the voice of reason. I'd also like to mention Algarve and Barrymanilow for consistently posting stuff that difficult not to agree with. Fiiish deserves a special mention for his political posts, I'm still not sure whether they amount to the most remarkable turnaround or to the biggest most elaborate whoosh in Charlton Life history, either way it's been entertaining stuff. On the Roly out front, Davo, CoyoteJohn, Henry, Aresntatters, Muttley, Canters and many many others have contributed handsomely to the Charlton Life Vinegar Lake whist Covered End has striven to provide some balance. There are many more posters that have provided a sterling service this year; I cannot possibly name them all, but perhaps some others would like to take up the story here...

Overall though there are three posters who I think (and this is purely my personal opinion) deserve a special mention and they are:

Stig's Posters Of The Year

A-R-T-H-U-R: For almost single handedly keeping the Twitter and Photo threads alive and bringing some real belly laughs to what has otherwise been quite a depressing year.

3blokes: For the single mindedness and determination to post everyday, ensuring that the Counting The Days thread, never slips off the front page. For the Chapmanesque quality of squeezing the word 'Fuck' into every post and for writing some of the most brilliantly witty prose about the BO.

lancashire lad: For undertaking one of the toughest, and probably dispiriting, jobs on Charlton Life. Compiling Statbank. Week in, week out finding out what the match-goers thought of the team and compiling an illuminating report on the team's performance. Absolutely sterling work.

As I said though, that's just my opinion. Are there any other unsung heroes out there?

Colin
  • You left out yourself Stig , your hatred of the regime I admire !

You too Oohaah!

I just know that I'm going to spend the next few days feeling guilty every time someone posts, thinking how come didn't I give them a mention.
  • Stig said:

You left out yourself Stig , your hatred of the regime I admire !

You too Oohaah!

I just know that I'm going to spend the next few days feeling guilty every time someone posts, thinking how come didn't I give them a mention.
    Colin
  • I think most have been mentioned by @Stig and others but I do enjoy the periodic contributions of South Eastern Rail's PR Department sometimes known as @MrLargo
  • And as well as Stig's lineup I'd like to add ForeverAddicted, Tutt Tutt and Chizz, not to mention all the guys and gals associated with the Get Roland Out brigade. Read you all. Much appreciated. Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks Stig
  • Superb site, use it every day. Keep up the good work people.

See you all at Welling away.
  • One of the very few (at present) great things about being a Charlton fan - Charlton Life.

Thanks to everyone who makes this forum what it is.
  • Late coming to the party but hey why change a habit of a lifetime.

Thanks to everyone on here especially the organizers

This site helps keep my spirit up, roll on the good times - they will come back.
  • Every time I think Ive settled into a new niche of things to do with my life outside of the football, up pops CharltonLife, CARD, the Trust or any combination of the fore mentioned with a scheme of some kind that rekindles my interest in Charlton Athletic. Most of the time its just laying dormant and I'm cracking on with other things, but I religiously check on here daily for a snippet of hope, as said "its the hope that kills you" but it'll be some party when this is over. So thanks to all concerned for all your efforts over the past season.
    Ray
  • T.C.E said:

Every time I think Ive settled into a new niche of things to do with my life outside of the football, up pops CharltonLife, CARD, the Trust or any combination of the fore mentioned with a scheme of some kind that rekindles my interest in Charlton Athletic. Most of the time its just laying dormant and I'm cracking on with other things, but I religiously check on here daily for a snippet of hope, as said "its the hope that kills you" but it'll be some party when this is over. So thanks to all concerned for all your efforts over the past season.
    Ray

Ray ably describes my position. Without Charlton Life and it's constituent threads (takeover, CARD etc), my affection for CAFC would have waned completely some time ago. Thanks CL for keeping it up for me :-)
  • Thanks gents... another season, another kick in the teeth...

But it could have been worse with relegation avoided.

On a personal note, you lot are alright, and at times keep me sane supporting Charlton from so far away, down under.

Massive respect for the protests both locally and in Belgium, as well as all the vids that got produced, the terrific on going work with the Upbeats.

I did buy a protest shirt, or rather my Dad got me one, but living in St Kilda some fuckstick nicked it out of my letter box or some such, so it never made it to my hand, which isn't great, but hey ho life goes on.

On with the protests into 2017/18, let's reclaim our club next season and hopefully repair the divide and conquer job successfully done by these bastards at the helm.

• mascot88 said:

Thanks gents... another season, another kick in the teeth...

But it could have been worse with relegation avoided.

On a personal note, you lot are alright, and at times keep me sane supporting Charlton from so far away, down under.

Massive respect for the protests both locally and in Belgium, as well as all the vids that got produced, the terrific on going work with the Upbeats.

I did buy a protest shirt, or rather my Dad got me one, but living in St Kilda some fuckstick nicked it out of my letter box or some such, so it never made it to my hand, which isn't great, but hey ho life goes on.

On with the protests into 2017/18, let's reclaim our club next season and hopefully repair the divide and conquer job successfully done by these bastards at the helm.

@mascot88 I've got one or two here I bought as spares. Let me know your size and if I have one that will fit I'll send it to you.
  • Oh Tel...

That's very nice of you mate.

I appreciate that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks to all who keep this excellent site going, including those whose hard graft behind the scenes is largely unseen, if not unappreciated.

CL is certainly a source of solace in this downbeat period.
  • It's been emotional
  • Thank you Roland and Katrien, you've saved me a f*ckin fortune this season, been to less games than ever, I've drunk less this year because of it so I'm in as sick shape as ever, and I've not been quite as miserable of a Saturday night as before.
    Oh but do piss off ASAP.
  • sincere thanks

if only we could all group together and buy the club back off Roly

now theres a thought !!