Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cover to Cover: Let's Work/Stick Together - Canned Heat v Bryan Ferry

13»

Comments

• Options

Jazz is a very self indulgent musical experience ......for the most part it may well be very enjoyable for those playing it, but equally for the most part f'ing awful for the poor bastards who have to listen to it.

I'm intrigued as to why you think is exclusive to jazz. The same could be said about any other genre.
  • Options
    Happy to say as a fan of folk, rock, pop rock, early blues rock, early heavy metal, psych rock, garage rock, krautrock, some prog rock, Canterbury scene, easy, swing, ska, bluebeat, dub reggae, jazz, latin, some opera, some country, electro, hip hop, punk rock, soul, northern soul, disco, funk, some jazz funk, some jazz rock, house, acid house and a little techno, I can confirm that I've never argued with @henryirving about music.

• Options
    aaaaand back to the question at hand: Canned Heat wins it by a country mile for me.

I admit to buying the Bryan Ferry version when it came out, but my excuse is I was very young at the time.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Happy to say as a fan of folk, rock, pop rock, early blues rock, early heavy metal, psych rock, garage rock, krautrock, some prog rock, Canterbury scene, easy, swing, ska, bluebeat, dub reggae, jazz, latin, some opera, some country, electro, hip hop, punk rock, soul, northern soul, disco, funk, some jazz funk, some jazz rock, house, acid house and a little techno, I can confirm that I've never argued with @henryirving about music.

You're new round here, give it time captain, give it time.....

:-)