Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Options

PaddyP17 said:

... Yeah, you guys are dicking on everyone, to put it bluntly. Well batted yesterday, by the way!

Our wins have been achieved with at least one or two passengers in the side (or ten men, as against Natwest and Orpington), and touch wood we're seeing a few guys come back into the fold this week, so here's hoping for a good competitive match.

I need some bloody wickets though!

Ta mate!

Seeing it okay this year other than when I get sweat in my eyes as the bowler is running in!!

Should be a good game and looking forward to the chatter in the field!

#MindTheWindowsPaddy
    The legend that is the Padster has been compared to a few players in his time, but I must admit Timo Best has never been one of them....
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

AshBurton said:

PaddyP17 said:

... Yeah, you guys are dicking on everyone, to put it bluntly. Well batted yesterday, by the way!

Our wins have been achieved with at least one or two passengers in the side (or ten men, as against Natwest and Orpington), and touch wood we're seeing a few guys come back into the fold this week, so here's hoping for a good competitive match.

Ta mate!

Seeing it okay this year other than when I get sweat in my eyes as the bowler is running in!!

#MindTheWindowsPaddy
    The legend that is the Padster has been compared to a few players in his time, but I must admit Timo Best has never been one of them....
    Viv Richards, on the other hand...

Nothing makes sense any more...
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

AshBurton said:

PaddyP17 said:

Ta mate!

#MindTheWindowsPaddy
    Viv Richards, on the other hand...

This gets much, much funnier if you happen to know Mr Adolphe
  • Options
    Also, sounds like Ash Jr is ready to join the Long On Club
  • Options
    good luck to all playing this weekend ...it doesnt matter if you win or lose ,it does matter if you enjoy it ...so enjoy it !!
  • Options
    Far too hungover for this, don't want to get out of bed...
  • Options
    Yes you do :P
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think it's going to rain anyway tbh
  • Options
    Beckenham win the toss and bat.

40-0 from 3 overs...
  • Options
    @PaddyP17 has no mercy with the opener and takes him off after 2 overs.

Himself and @AshBurton bringing the rate down. 62 off 7.

Ash had a reasonable LBW shout turned down...
  • Options
    @PaddyP17 with the breakthrough!

Full toss mistimed to mid on.

81-1
  • Options

81-1

What number are you batting?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

81-1

I'm guessing number 3....
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

81-1

I'm guessing number 3....
  • Options
    124-1 from 20 overs.
  • Options
    Our 13 year old opener just got his ton!

171-1 off 29.
  • Options
    255 posted from 40 overs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tough target I would think
  • Options
    If we get any bonus points it'll be a miracle
  • Options

81-1

In fairness, they were only full tosses cos he kept moving forward to play that hoik! One was gonna be mistimed eventually...
  • Options
    Switching to legspin after seven overs and ripping one past the edge of a future Test cricketer was a pretty flair move though
  • Options
    Yeah, @Addickted2TheReds and his lot dicked on us. But we got closer than any other team this year. Shame they're so strong I suppose!
  • Options
    I don't understand how Beckenham lost any wickets at all, or how OC got above three figures.. Moral victory it seems to me, like the Corbyn v May tussle.
    Leuth will be Prime Minister before Christmas at this rate.
  • Options
    The lad that scored a ton in the OCCC v Beckenham game is interesting purely for the fact that, not only has he been on the opposite side to Seb at both school and club level but also at county too as he plays for Surrey - when he should really be playing for Kent!

He plays for Beckenham as we know, lives and was born in the area and goes to school at St Olaves in Orpington - so he actually fails on every criteria that would allow him to play for Surrey. From a conversation that I had with his dad, however, it appears that, having failed to get into Kent an under 10, he was spotted by Surrey at 11 (I believe that it was at the Oval playing on the outfield during an interval but I might be wrong on that count) and they had to ask Kent for permission to trial and play him - which Kent duly gave.

So, he should really be playing for Kent and whilst his dad did suggest to me that he would prefer him to be doing so it appears that the lad does want to stay at Surrey.

The two boys played against each other at the Oval two years ago and might do again on Sunday 13th August at the County Ground Beckenham - but as Seb is currently struggling to get back, following his injury, into a winning Kent side that might, somewhat disappointingly, not happen.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

The lad that scored a ton in the OCCC v Beckenham game is interesting purely for the fact that, not only has he been on the opposite side to Seb at both school and club level but also at county too as he plays for Surrey - when he should really be playing for Kent!

He plays for Beckenham as we know, lives and was born in the area and goes to school at St Olaves in Orpington - so he actually fails on every criteria that would allow him to play for Surrey. From a conversation that I had with his dad, however, it appears that, having failed to get into Kent an under 10, he was spotted by Surrey at 11 (I believe that it was at the Oval playing on the outfield during an interval but I might be wrong on that count) and they had to ask Kent for permission to trial and play him - which Kent duly gave.

So, he should really be playing for Kent and whilst his dad did suggest to me that he would prefer him to be doing so it appears that the lad does want to stay at Surrey.

The two boys played against each other at the Oval two years ago and might do again on Sunday 13th August at the County Ground Beckenham - but as Seb is currently struggling to get back, following his injury, into a winning Kent side that might, somewhat disappointingly, not happen.

Interesting stuff - I did wonder what a Beckenham lad was doing playing for Surrey, other than maybe family influences or poor taste (sorry @cantersaddick). Although we did bowl some absolute dross (in particular the first 3 overs!), you still have to put it away and he did so very clinically. Impressive temperament and seemed a nice lad as well (all the more so because he didn't get many of his runs off me).