Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    Is Holmes off to Sheffield Utd then? Some of their fans seem to think so
  • Options

Is Holmes off to Sheffield Utd then? Some of their fans seem to think so

Nothing to say so at this stage. Pure speculation based on nothing but Wilder managing him before.
  • Options
    He did really well at Bramall Lane as well so it's probably their fans putting two and two together. Won't say it definitely won't happen in the coming months though.
  • Options
    Not a rumour but how about Matthew Godden, Stevenage. Out of Contract. Decent scoring record. Comes from Canterbury. Likely cheap wages. 25 yrs so resale value. League Two team of the year. Put him next to Ollie Watkins of Exeter in same team of the year and a very decent, young prospect.
  • Options
    Can someone answer this for me... is Holmes here on loan or on contact? I can't seem to get it straight.

Cuz is he is here on contact, we would be stupid to sell. If he is here on loan, given our ownership, he would be stupid to stay.

To me the answer to my question has the final answer buried within it. If I know one, I know the other.
  • Options

Can someone answer this for me... is Holmes here on loan or on contact? I can't seem to get it straight.

Cuz is he is here on contact, we would be stupid to sell. If he is here on loan, given our ownership, he would be stupid to stay.

To me the answer to my question has the final answer buried within it. If I know one, I know the other.

3 year contract as far as i am aware
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Not a rumour but how about Matthew Godden, Stevenage. Out of Contract. Decent scoring record. Comes from Canterbury. Likely cheap wages. 25 yrs so resale value. League Two team of the year. Put him next to Ollie Watkins of Exeter in same team of the year and a very decent, young prospect.

Good friends of Matty Goddens still got another 2 years on his contract as he signed a new one in December very good player would love him to sign for us as I keep telling him !!!
  • Options
    Holmes only signed a 2 year deal - http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-new-signing-ricky-holmes-northampton-3144547.aspx

Better sell him now while at the peak of his value and before his contract runs down...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To keep in line with other rumour threads, Can I be the first to say how worried I am about next season as we haven't signed anyone yet?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Holmes only signed a 2 year deal - http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-new-signing-ricky-holmes-northampton-3144547.aspx

Better sell him now while at the peak of his value and before his contract runs down...

Better still. Give him a big pay rise and a new extended contract! We need him to be here next season.
  • Options
    Sole reason why Maddison has been transfer listed... Peterborough have done this a lot over the years, i.e. they'll either sell him for a stupid price or they'll get him to tie down a new Contract.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39791199
  • Options
    The following Swindon players have been released since relegation...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39794272
  • Options
    Ricky Miller to P'Boro confirmed.
  • Options

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/latest-news-three-year-deal-for-bretton-boy-miller-1-7944312

So you can sign players before 1 July! ; - )
  • Options

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/latest-news-three-year-deal-for-bretton-boy-miller-1-7944312

http://www.theposh.com/news/article/2016-17/miller-3703310.aspx ;)

Peterborough United can confirm that striker Ricky Miller has agreed a three-year contract with the football club and will officially join Posh when his current deal expires with Dover Athletic in the summer.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Not a rumour but Maddison been transfer listed by Peterboro .Surely we try and sign him? Scores and assists for fun in this league .

Would also love to sign Grigg from Wigan tho don't know if we'd be able to afford him

Maddison would fit Meire description of "we're going to sign the best players in league 1" but Posh are very good at getting best value from their player sales so I'd think he go to a higher league.
    Doubt that'd be true if they're listing the player.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cafc4life said:

Not a rumour but Maddison been transfer listed by Peterboro .Surely we try and sign him? Scores and assists for fun in this league .

Would also love to sign Grigg from Wigan tho don't know if we'd be able to afford him

Maddison would fit Meire description of "we're going to sign the best players in league 1" but Posh are very good at getting best value from their player sales so I'd think he go to a higher league.
    He is a very good player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

David Martin rumoured to be joining. Why is it that players deemed surplus/not good enough/too old for clubs that finished around/below us in the same league are good enough for us to sign? How is that progress? Its not suprising at all i know under this mob and i dont even know why im questioning it :neutral:

Martin has not been 'released' by MKD, his contract was up and a new deal could not be reached ..
    as for Phillips .. my opinion is that he is VERY promising but can't be relied upon to have a consistent 46+ game season for us, he lacks experience, and the hurly burly of a league programme, especially the frantic start to a new season is not the place for him to get experience .. Martin (if he comes to us of course) is a reliable and experienced keeper and we desperately need an experienced man in goal, the most important position on the field

• Options

http://www.theposh.com/news/article/2016-17/miller-3703310.aspx ;)

Peterborough United can confirm that striker Ricky Miller has agreed a three-year contract with the football club and will officially join Posh when his current deal expires with Dover Athletic in the summer.
    Yesssssss :).

I think it's that you can announce signings any time. It seems to be common in Germany (and I think Italy as well) to announce who you're going to sign in the summer in January. But players' contract usually don't officially start until July 1. Thus they couldn't play in a game, even before the rule about not playing for two teams between windows came in.

We're really splitting hairs here. Henry, absolutely take your point.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cafc4life said:

He's more than likely there best player. They always list players with contracts running out to save losing them for nothing next year or less in the winter.
  • Options
    next years team will be made up of older league 1/2 players or loans from other clubs and academy players.
  • Options

next years team will be made up of older league 1/2 players or loans from other clubs and academy players.

Source ? ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    " rel="johnnybev1987">

Source ? ;)

made up - like most posts on here. 99% of posters on here know no more than you or I & just like to post something to let others believe that they are ITK.
  • Options

David Martin rumoured to be joining. Why is it that players deemed surplus/not good enough/too old for clubs that finished around/below us in the same league are good enough for us to sign? How is that progress? Its not suprising at all i know under this mob and i dont even know why im questioning it :neutral:

Martin has not been 'released' by MKD, his contract was up and a new deal could not be reached ..
    as for Phillips .. my opinion is that he is VERY promising but can't be relied upon to have a consistent 46+ game season for us, he lacks experience, and the hurly burly of a league programme, especially the frantic start to a new season is not the place for him to get experience .. Martin (if he comes to us of course) is a reliable and experienced keeper and we desperately need an experienced man in goal, the most important position on the field

Phillips needs to play and will get better with experience. He seems very self assured and well up to League 1 standard - happy for him to start as no 1.
    you would be happy, I wouldn't .. it's a matter of opinion ..
  • Options
    edited May 2017

made up - like most posts on here. 99% of posters on here know no more than you or I & just like to post something to let others believe that they are ITK.

Zing......