Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Family Charity Fundraising Event

A serious appeal for help and advice.

Time and time again CharltonLife has shown what a big part it can play in people's lives and like many others on here, the wisdom some Members can offer is a great help regardless of the situation.

Back in December my Father-In-Law was complaining of pain in his stomach and over the last couple of months it eventually came to light that he has Cancer in his liver... this has now spread to his spine and shoulder and at present is showing signs that this will quite possibly become terminal. My wife (who appears to be excellent at planning events) over the last few days has come up with the desire to hold a Charity Ballroom Event (to either commemorate her Fathers life (should the worse happen) or to celebrate his success in defeating the illness) for the Eleanor Hospice who are currently providing care for her father and her family, as part of the evening Leanne would ideally like to hold an auction to help raise money for the Hospice.

This is where CharltonLife could be a great help... Neither of us have planned anything like this in the past so your assistance would be greatly appreciated i.e. Does anyone know of Companies that would be happy to donate prizes for an event like this or would people be able to assist as I wouldnt be surprised if there were small business owners on here?

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated...