Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAS Trust News

The latest edition is a great read, probably the best yet with a superb Steve Brown interview, a museum article, a review of the accounts and a view on the way forward by Barnie Razzell.

Oh ... and the inside back page reveals that the next edition will, without a doubt, be the best ever ;-)

Comments

• Got mine this morning, great read and loved the Trust Quiz.
  • Museum not been sent a copy. Poor.
  • Museum not been sent a copy. Poor.

It's an excellent article Ben.
  • Didn't get mine. Terrible service...

Teach you to turn your back on your roots and move out to the leafy countryside
  • edited April 2017
    stonemuse said:

Museum not been sent a copy. Poor.

It's an excellent article Ben.
    I know it is as one of the trustees wrote it : - )
  • Here is the opening spread...... Got mine in the post today, As you are still not a member, you will have to ask at the stall tommorow for the other two pages, I am sure they will oblige.
  • Didn't get mine. Terrible service...

Disaffected vinegar pissing ex employee....
  • Here is the opening spread...... Got mine in the post today, As you are still not a member, you will have to ask at the stall tommorow for the other two pages, I am sure they will oblige.

Indeed I shall
  • Got mine. The trust managed to send to my new address unlike the club who sent a letter to my old address and had to wait a week for it to be re-directed. Not had time to read yet. Sure it's great though.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wish I had picked a better beer glass for that back page pic!! I regret that now.
  • Hey grandads, get with the times. I get it digitally now!

Indeed I shall
    Well, if you hadn't turned up just as we were closing down, we would have given you a copy.

But, as you are by far our favourite non-member, we will put one in the mail for you. You can pay for postage next season.

Don't forget - to be a member of CAS Trust costs just 10p per week. You know you want to.....

castrust.org/join/

• Pico said:

Here is the opening spread...... Got mine in the post today, As you are still not a member, you will have to ask at the stall tommorow for the other two pages, I am sure they will oblige.

Indeed I shall
    Well, if you hadn't turned up just as we were closing down, we would have given you a copy.

But, as you are by far our favourite non-member, we will put one in the mail for you. You can pay for postage next season.

Don't forget - to be a member of CAS Trust costs just 10p per week. You know you want to.....

castrust.org/join/

My interest is purely personal as my son is in it and there is an article on the Museum that I'm named in.

Would be good of the Trust to let the museum to have copies of all their publications so they are preserved for historical reference.
  • I'm not aware of a complete collection of TNT I expect there are some out there, even my own isn't complete.. which is annoying, I don't have issue 1 even. I also have the other ACV celebration certificate, hopefully the other one is in the museum.
  • Pico said:

Here is the opening spread...... Got mine in the post today, As you are still not a member, you will have to ask at the stall tommorow for the other two pages, I am sure they will oblige.

Indeed I shall

castrust.org/join/

My interest is purely personal as my son is in it and there is an article on the Museum that I'm named in.

Would be good of the Trust to let the museum to have copies of all their publications so they are preserved for historical reference.
    Would be good of people who run the Museum to stump up the mere sum of £5 pa to support the Trust xx
  • razil said:

I'm not aware of a complete collection of TNT I expect there are some out there, even my own isn't complete.. which is annoying, I don't have issue 1 even. I also have the other ACV celebration certificate, hopefully the other one is in the museum.

I'm sure I have a couple from the first run. Remind me next season and I'll give you a copy.
  • Pico said:

Indeed I shall

castrust.org/join/

Would be good of people who run the Museum to stump up the mere sum of £5 pa to support the Trust xx
    Independent non-aligned body as we've had to remind your board on more than one occasion.

You can take £5 off the facility fee you never paid us for filming in the Museum with the BBC if you like.

Or you could do us the courtesy of giving us a "free" copy of a newsletter that has a feature about us.
  • I'm missing issue 1 and 8 and maybe 13
  • Thanks to @Pico who emailed a copy to the trustees.

Would still like a set of newsletters for our archives along with any other fan produced mags, leaflets, flyers, posters, banners etc etc from any era for the collection.

We have 8 Supporters clubs magazines from the 1950s but don't have all the Valiant Viewpoints from the 80s/90s.

We have a letter from the supporters club from 1922 to Scotty Kingsley and a Silver cigar box presented to Jimmy Seed by the supporters club in 1957.

But more supporter created items (badges, rattles, t-shirts etc) always welcome.
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

I'm missing issue 1 and 8 and maybe 13

I have a spare No1, and No 13 for you.

I also have issue 7 and 10 for the museum.
    I also have a few No7s , and 1 number 10 for swaps.

I can supply the museum with all the issues in a pdf form.

Pico may well have some spares.

Having moved recently I may well have others, I will see if I can get some others lurking around in the loft.

• Thanks Ken
  • I've also got some spare tnts and votes, the caveat is you have to take the programmes too..