Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea v Spurs

Already a good old-fashioned mad semi-final. Three goals, dodgy pen, Lloris should be off and it's only half time.

Comments

• Options
    Dodgy pen? Don't think so. For Moses to continue he would have had to jump over Son. That is not in the rules.
  • Options
    That looked like a definite penalty to me.
  • Options
    Pen was in a grey area. No contact so technically no foul.
  • Options
    Waiting anxiously for the pundits' verdict.
  • Options

Pen was in a grey area. No contact so technically no foul.

Grey area? It isn't our pitch from before Roly saved us. ;)
  • Options
    Looks like I'm in a minority then....
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Looks like I'm in a minority then....

I think I'm with you (Moses saw the leg and went over it) but can see why it was given.
  • Options
    Moses dived and there was no contact - sliding in doesn't mean it was a foul if no contact.
  • Options
    If you go sliding in like that in the area you are asking for trouble.
  • Options
    As soon as Son went to ground it was a Pen. The angle meant Moses had to go through him or over him. End result would have been the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you slide in you have to win the ball. If the attacker wins the ball first, as Moses did, then you are on the ground and impeding the attacker's ability to maintain possession without jumping over you.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

If you go sliding in like that in the area you are asking for trouble.

I'd agree with that.

Wasn't a pen though.
  • Options
    So having seen close-up replays from every angle, there are still people who think it was a pen and people who think it wasn't.

Can anyone who believes we should stop the game to allow for video evidence explain how a video ref would have made a "better" decision in that instance?
  • Options

If you slide in you have to win the ball. If the attacker wins the ball first, as Moses did, then you are on the ground and impeding the attacker's ability to maintain possession without jumping over you.

So at the most it should be obstruction and an indirect free kick. If that - he could have easily carried on but chose to dive.
  • Options

Chizz said:

So having seen close-up replays from every angle, there are still people who think it was a pen and people who think it wasn't.

Can anyone who believes we should stop the game to allow for video evidence explain how a video ref would have made a "better" decision in that instance?

Presumably the guy with the video would be a qualified ref, rather than a few blokes on the internet.
    So we would all be arguing about *his* decision instead of arguing about the ref's? Is that how it would work?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Presumably the guy with the video would be a qualified ref, rather than a few blokes on the internet.
    So we would all be arguing about *his* decision instead of arguing about the ref's? Is that how it would work?
    Yeah, probably.
  • Options
    Wow. Desmond. What a pass for Alli.
  • Options
    Great goal that.
  • Options
    Spurs have been much the better side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    COYS
  • Options

So at the most it should be obstruction and an indirect free kick. If that - he could have easily carried on but chose to dive.
    He simply continued running in his normal stride for the ball as he had every right to do.
  • Options

He simply continued running in his normal stride for the ball as he had every right to do.
    Does he jump over players onto the floor in his normal stride then?

If he had carried on his normal stride he'd have been tripped and it would have been a penalty. But he didn't, and it shouldn't have been.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gnOfzQE8nY

Here's the correct application of the law, I believe. For when a player is impeded without contact.

An indirect free kick inside the area.
  • Options
    But there was contact.
  • Options
    Here comes trouble.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I doubt video refs would over rule a decision like that. More a case of another pair of eyes for the ref and assistants.
  • Options
    Definite pen
  • Options

But there was contact.

I haven't seen an angle yet that proves contact.
  • Options
    Thought Spurs should have had a pen. But you can't blame the ref. Ake fouled Alli before he made contact with the ball.