Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2017/18

Comments

• Options
    I'm presuming none of you were watching the Jags game, but that is some of the worst refereeing I've seen in sport as a whole. On both sides.

But still, a win is a win. Genuine hope that we can overhaul the Titans soon.
  • Options
    No Sean Lee, no Tyrone Smith, No Elliot. Cowboys have no chance!
  • Options
    Awful Cowboys
  • Options
    Massive struggle without Smith and Elliott. Underrated part of Elliott's game is his help protecting the QB.
  • Options
    Sean Lee is the defense.
  • Options
    My lord, the Cowboys are atrocious. No Elliot, no chance.
  • Options
    Been watching Red Zone and Prescott seemed to be getting sacked every 10 minutes!

Giants losing to winless 49ers also fun to watch.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

My lord, the Cowboys are atrocious. No Elliot, no chance.

Elliott a big miss for sure but don't dismiss Sean Lee. He's the Cowboys version of Chris Solly.

Updated without W-L: 0-3
  • Options
    Tyrod benched by the Bills. I don't know what anyone else thinks but I really rate him. Lots of QB needy teams out there may take a look. Broncos, Jets, Dolphins, even Vikings maybe, Giants, Browns, Jags, back to the Ravens?
  • Options
    ....Bengals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A

Tyrod benched by the Bills. I don't know what anyone else thinks but I really rate him. Lots of QB needy teams out there may take a look. Broncos, Jets, Dolphins, even Vikings maybe, Giants, Browns, Jags, back to the Ravens?

I’d prefer Case, Teddy or Sam over him to be honest. Sure he’ll be taken by somebody though.
  • Options

Jags in the conversation re a new QB? How surprising. Blake has a better rating than Taylor though.

There's a lot of Bortles hate going on, and it's because it fits the NFL pundit narrative - he's holding us back; what a waste of a 3rd overall pick etc etc. And there's plenty to be justified in there.

But - he's not been that shite. He's been average (lol). He does, in fact, tend to play quite well for 59 minutes of each game, but it's that final minute as we saw against the Chargers where he looks atrocious. People don't actually watch him play, either, but go by the stats.

Many of his INTs have been through deflections; a fair proportion of incompletes are down to the likes of Lee and Cole inexplicably dropping the ball; he's missing his best WR in Robinson (and also we haven't seen Dede Westbrook yet). It's been his best season as a pro so far.

Don't get me wrong, he's pretty terrible in high-pressure situations still, and that's a massive setback, but he's got a better rating than Cam Newton; Taylor as mentioned (even has a better pass rating); and Philip Rivers.
  • Options
    I watched the Jags v Chargers game and Bortles is actually taking care of the ball more and is using short middle passes and screens effectively. He's also rushing more. They have a decent run game now and the elite defense means he doesn't have to try and throw bombs anymore and can manage games instead. There was still a few risky underthrown passes from him though and he was lucky not to be intercepted on a couple of occasions.
  • Options

I watched the Jags v Chargers game and Bortles is actually taking care of the ball more and is using short middle passes and screens effectively. He's also rushing more. They have a decent run game now and the elite defense means he doesn't have to try and throw bombs anymore and can manage games instead. There was still a few risky underthrown passes from him though and he was lucky not to be intercepted on a couple of occasions.

A lot of this improvement seems to be down to the play calling, and you can even see it over the course of the season. The bubble screen is being used less; Blake's team around him have given him more confidence; and an improving O-line have led (in general) to less panic and better pass decision-making.

However, he's still slightly afraid to throw long, and will otherwise inexplicably throw straight to the oppo. When we're low on confidence then our otherwise fine screen/short pass game starts to get tired and unimaginative and is easy enough to counteract.

But - an elite D is making up for a LOT. If Bort can game-manage us for a crack at a Superb Owl then I'll be a happy man.
  • Options
    From NFL'S Mind Boggling Stats for Week 11

Tom Brady has the NFL's longest active streak of pass attempts without an interception (132), and the streak is likely to continue Sunday. The Raiders are the first team in NFL history to have zero interceptions in their first nine games of a season.
  • Options
    Gurley is annoyingly good.
  • Options
    Thielen is feckin awesome.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    That Keenum/Thielen combo is lethal for the Vikings. Now 21-7 up against the 7-2 Rams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thielen is so, so special.
  • Options
    The Vikings D also deserve a huge shoutout. Held the #1 offense in the league to just 7 through the 4th quarter.
  • Options
    Them Packers though. image
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Only the Redskins could lose that game. 15 points up with 3 minutes to play. Jeez. 125 points in last 2 minutes of halves this season. Laughing stock.
  • Options
    Beautiful interception by Kirkpatrick, glad his screw up didn't cost us.

New kicker please
  • Options

Most unpredictable draft in a while. It's gonna be a lot of fun to follow.

The only predictable thing is that whoever Cincinnati draft in the 1st round will be injured for the year
    Pretty good prediction so far...
  • Options

Thielen is so, so special.

Didn't get recruited by any college, undrafted, now arguably their number one receiver. From Minnesota too. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Is Peterman the worst QB.... ever? 5 picks now.
  • Options
    37-7...after two quarters!? Always madness to bench Taylor, one of the most efficient quarterbacks in the league when you're still in the playoff hunt. Or were. Come back to Baltimore Tyrod.