Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bilbao/San Sebastian weekend trip

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just booked tickets for Bilbao v Leganes on Sunday evening . €80 a ticket but decent seats so not to bad. Looking forward to it now
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Just booked tickets for Bilbao v Leganes on Sunday evening . €80 a ticket but decent seats so not to bad. Looking forward to it now

That sounds pricey. Very good seats at Real Sociedad were 35 Euros
  • Options

cafc4life said:

It's their last home game of the Season, and they are fighting for the last European spot so I guess that's maybe why
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    What a class place . Would recommend it to anyone. Stayed in Bilbao but also Spent one of the days inSan Sebastián which was also really nice
  • Options
    How was the footie? San Mames a great atmosphere I bet.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The stadium is class and atmosphere was impressive too. Shame they could only manage a 1-1 draw. Definitely gonna try get back there for a game next season . A fair few travelling Leganes fans in the centre of the pic @CharltonMadrid . They made a right racket throughout and celebrated staying in the league at the end like they'd won it. Fair play to them
  • Options

cafc4life said:

80 euros is a bit heavy.

I saw Atletico Madrid v Eibar ten days ago and paid 30 euros, this for a ticket along the side.

There were lots of tickets available from 30-60 euros.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

The stadium is class and atmosphere was impressive too. Shame they could only manage a 1-1 draw. Definitely gonna try get back there for a game next season . A fair few travelling Leganes fans in the centre of the pic @CharltonMadrid . They made a right racket throughout and celebrated staying in the league at the end like they'd won it. Fair play to them

Atletico do not produce programmes so I had to make do with the daily football paper.

Did you find any?
  • Options
    At Real Sociedad they were free inside the ground but you had to seek them out. Don't know if this is the norm.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    No official programme as such but there was this inside the ground which was free . 30 pages and a pretty decent preview of the game and opponent etc @ElfsborgAddick Similar to what I picked up when I went to Real Madrid in January. You can't beat the Spanish league in my opinion for football . Can't wait to get to another game early next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017

Also the English cemetery in San Sebastian is very beautiful and moving. There was an assault by English forces on the town in 1813. Some background here- http://www.peninsularwar.org/sebastian.htm - the last two paragraphs cover San Sebastian today and how events of 1813 shaped the modern layout of the town. The losses are commemorated by a candle lit procession in late August.