Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich star will wait until summer to decide future – but Charlton want him

2»

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

I think that sorting out a happy, settled and decently paid Phillips at Charlton will take a bit of skill.

I've heard this before. He's on stupidly low money isn't he? Hopefully a new owner will sort that out quickly. We've produced some very good goalkeepers in recent years and it would be nice to keep hold of one of them.
  • Options
    Our budget is not likely to be that big,despite Katie telling us that it is top six.
    I would make Phillips our no.1 and bring in someone else as a no.2.
    Rudd would probably demand a high wage that i would rather spend elsewhere in the squad
  • Options

Our budget is not likely to be that big,despite Katie telling us that it is top six.
    Rudd would probably demand a high wage that i would rather spend elsewhere in the squad

I long for stability.
  • Options
    Ashley Maynard-Brewer as no.1 next season.

Both Rudd and Phillips are good keepers. Rudd just edges it for me now on experience and his command of high balls and coming for crosses but Phillips is a very good shot stopper and getting better.

I think both have made mistakes and both have suffered from an ever changing back four.
  • Options
    Give Phillips a chance, is what I say
  • Options

I long for stability.
    Given that keepers these days dress up as fluorescent markers, you'll understand why I misread that as Stabilo. What colour do you fancy?

• Options
    Rudd is still vulnerable to low shots or shots along the ground that come across him .. he's very brave at coming out to confront opposition players bearing down on him and is very good at collecting crosses and corners that are within his 'catchment area' .. Phillips is OK but does not fill me with any confidence that he'll be reliable for a whole season ... we need an experienced regular keeper, THE most important position in any team and if Rudd is available and wants to come here, he'll do for me
  • Options

Rudd is still vulnerable to low shots or shots along the ground that come across him .. he's very brave at coming out to confront opposition players bearing down on him and is very good at collecting crosses and corners that are within his 'catchment area' .. Phillips is OK but does not fill me with any confidence that he'll be reliable for a whole season ... we need an experienced regular keeper, THE most important position in any team and if Rudd is available and wants to come here, he'll do for me

Spot on.
  • Options
    If and my god it's a big if we are in a promotion mix next season, then we need an experienced goalkeeper. Phillips looks like a very good prospect but it has to be Rudd out of the two.
  • Options
    There is a realistic prospect of neither Rudd nor Phillips being here next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

There is a realistic prospect of neither Rudd nor Phillips being here next season.

Oh come on, no one would let all their first team keepers leave before signing replacements. Any club you were trying to sign another keeper on loan would then hold you to ransom.

You'd have to have a really incompetent person in charge of negotiating contracts to do that.
  • Options
    Wouldn't blame Phillips, been really hard done by.