Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Runs of form this season

2»

Comments

• Options

But these 5 games weren't even consecutive. How is that a run?

11 points from 5 games is actually title winning form if you average that across the season. As is also 2 wins and a draw from 3 games if you average that across the season. Add those 2 runs together and that is 5 wins and 3 draws from 8 games. 18 points from 8. Again title winning form if averaged across a season. But it hasn't turned out like that sadly. In the end those two runs of good form have seen us pick up more than a third of what we have got. And I do level with everyone that ain't good enough. But that said if we had only got half of those points we would be 3 points adrift in the drop zone. So we are where are because of those runs. But we are also are where we are because we haven't been able to keep replicating form like that. Those two bursts of form are just as important as each other.
    Runs of form ? More like gentle strolls of form.

Most teams in most leagues can boast a 5 game run of form. As for title winning form - that's when a team managed a run of form over 35 games not 5.
    Get a grip man.
    I'm sayng if we could have done that over a season and not just in patches here and there we would be pushing for te title. But if my aunt....
    That's a bit like saying if we won the first two games and then repeated that 23 times then we'd have won the title.
    The fact that we couldn't win more than 2 games in a row tells you everything you need to know.
    I only started this post because other fans have said thank god for Kevin Nugent.
    That's right, they are. Because sandwiched between two pretty useless managers, a bloke who wasn't a recognised manager and wasn't expected to do much, gained 7 points in 3 games. Not only did this exceed expectations, it has probably kept us out the bottom 4.
    Your argument appears to be that the other two managers also attributed to keeping us out the bottom 4, as they have also had similar unbeaten runs.

The difference is that those 2 had long enough opportunities to go on even longer runs. They didn't, which makes them the reason we are nearer relegation than promotion, so yes, thank feck for Kevin Nugent's brief managerial stint.
    So did the run of 11 points from 15 from Boxing Day till the end of January. But agreed that Karl's win percentage isn't what we want to be.
  • Options
    When it comes to runs, we're the Geoff Boycott, just singles and twos.
  • Options

But these 5 games weren't even consecutive. How is that a run?

11 points from 5 games is actually title winning form if you average that across the season. As is also 2 wins and a draw from 3 games if you average that across the season. Add those 2 runs together and that is 5 wins and 3 draws from 8 games. 18 points from 8. Again title winning form if averaged across a season. But it hasn't turned out like that sadly. In the end those two runs of good form have seen us pick up more than a third of what we have got. And I do level with everyone that ain't good enough. But that said if we had only got half of those points we would be 3 points adrift in the drop zone. So we are where are because of those runs. But we are also are where we are because we haven't been able to keep replicating form like that. Those two bursts of form are just as important as each other.
    Runs of form ? More like gentle strolls of form.

Most teams in most leagues can boast a 5 game run of form. As for title winning form - that's when a team managed a run of form over 35 games not 5.
    Get a grip man.
    I'm sayng if we could have done that over a season and not just in patches here and there we would be pushing for te title. But if my aunt....
    That's a bit like saying if we won the first two games and then repeated that 23 times then we'd have won the title.
    The fact that we couldn't win more than 2 games in a row tells you everything you need to know.
    I only started this post because other fans have said thank god for Kevin Nugent.
    That's right, they are. Because sandwiched between two pretty useless managers, a bloke who wasn't a recognised manager and wasn't expected to do much, gained 7 points in 3 games. Not only did this exceed expectations, it has probably kept us out the bottom 4.
    Your argument appears to be that the other two managers also attributed to keeping us out the bottom 4, as they have also had similar unbeaten runs.

The difference is that those 2 had long enough opportunities to go on even longer runs. They didn't, which makes them the reason we are nearer relegation than promotion, so yes, thank feck for Kevin Nugent's brief managerial stint.
    So did the run of 11 points from 15 from Boxing Day till the end of January. But agreed that Karl's win percentage isn't what we want to be.
    Read my last paragraph.
  • Options
    Neither Slade, nor Nugent (just sacked by Barnet) nor Robinson have been inspiring this season. The thing that sticks out a mile is (a) the number of draws (18) and (b) the number of defeats by a margin of one goal (8).

If 50% of those 26 games had gone our way, which doesn't seem unreasonable given our squad compared to those around us, we'd have 73 points.

For me this must be the most under achieving season since..........2006-07? 1971-72?

In the months ahead, once various figures have left the club (players, coaches, Robinson maybe) I guess we'll get a clearer picture of where, precisely, the blame should lie for this.

Some will say Roland and KM - but even if they impact on the general morale at the club I've still been surprised at how little effort some of the players have made this year.
  • Options
    I blame CARD for organising protests at the 2 Coventry games.

Ok we won the home game 3-0 and drew away, but it was the impact that it had on the other 39 games, that has been our downfall.

Banter.