Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coventry vs Charlton post match views

2»

Comments

• Options

Poor game, Byrne should have scored, Rudd pulled off a worldy. Flares and pigs the highlight. Found a credit card. Top day!

So you're in charge of the summer transfers!
  • Options
    We will probably lose Holmes, Tex and Bauer who are the only players that don't have embaressing goal scoring records in relation to the positions they play!
  • Options
    Poor game and disjointed performance after the better showing against Southend. A draw was a fair result.

Coventry are a better team than their position suggests, 3 wins in their previous 4 league games, the Wembley win against Oxford and the only defeat was against Sheff Utd. If they had appointed Robins instead of Slade in December, they may have survived...

Bauer may have got the goal, but defensively he was all over the place today, indeed Magennis was our best defensive header of the ball
  • Options
    Very poor quality game, between two very ordinary sides. Their player Jones was decent (not sure why they took him off!) but all the others struggled to put two passes together. So many corners or crosses were mishit it makes you wonder what they practice all week. Rudd kept us in it, I really fear for the future if Roland doesn't leave soon.
  • Options
    Traffic on the M1 delayed me a bit so I missed the march but enjoyed the protest inside, thought it worked very well. Atmosphere from our end was decent throughout as well considering our position.

First time at the Ricoh and it's a really sorry sight. Pretty empty and the main body of their vocal support is tucked away in a corner, bizarre. First aim for them post sisu would be to find a new ground imo.

Pretty dire game. We looked a little more dangerous than we had done in recent weeks but also were letting ourselves get very exposed. Didn't seem to be much of a game plan.

Didn't think anyone stood out particularly on either side for being good or bad. Rudd made 2 outstanding saves 2nd half that kept us in it.
  • Options
    Protests aside, which were decent, that was one of the most miserable and boring games of football I can remember
  • Options
    We appear to be safe, something at least to be thankful for.
  • Options
    1-1. Never saw that coming.

Are we anywhere near the record for most in a season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were dire in the first half, improving to poor in the second when we showed some semblance of attitude, but still limited technically.

The system we played gave us problems defensively in that although the back four and their shield (Crofts) played well, the next four (Byrne, Konsa, Ulvestad, Holmes) were often too high up the pitch when Coventry had possession, overloading the defensive unit. One might have thought that the midfielders would have compensated for this by at least being available to receive the ball when we had possession, but they struggled to do this, and so there were very few decisive passes played. As a result, we’re both keeping very few clean sheets and also scoring very few goals from open play.

Coventry, by contrast, played a solid 442, this contributing to, but not justifying, our inability to find space when going forward.

Homes looked like someone worn down by the burden of doing more than his fair share for some time now; his zip was just absent.
  • Options
    Uninspiring. We shaded the first half in terms of posession, but couldn't make anything count. They took what was just about the only chance they had. They came out all guns blazing for the first 10-15 in the second half, but we caught them on the break. It was a relief when they subbed Jones who looked very lively. Soon after that the game just fizzled out. Solly, and Holmes looked pretty decent throughout, Rudd made some fine saves to keep us in it but was very slow to release the ball when their keeper was at there wrong end of the pitch. Everyone else was decidedly meh.
  • Options

Just got back in. What a woeful team we are. Never seen such a disjointed side & the passing was atrocious. pas, pass, pass, around the back 4 and then play it to a midfielder who cant control it - when he does he then gives it away to an opponent. I've seen better pub teams. No idea what they practice in training, or even if they do any training. Corners either hit the first defender or go straight to the 'keeper.

Only players that come out with any credit are Da Silva, Holmes & Rudd.........Rudd made a couple of excellent saves & if wasn't fort him over the last 2 games we could be staring relegation in the face.

Cant wait for this season to be over.

And 2 of them are only loanees , I hate to think what next season's​ team will look like if we don't get taken over.
  • Options

1-1. Never saw that coming.

Are we anywhere near the record for most in a season?

Well for the consolidationists like myself @The31YearMan and @Leuth, we can still do it, but we need to draw all 3 of our remaining games to get to 21

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

I know it's the Easter weekend but i think the fact that this thread has only got almost 50 comments, especially given how many we took up there y'day, speaks volumes about how little people care with this regime at the moment and how far we've fallen.

We've had another shit, draining season and the 50 odd comments are just another good manifestation of apathy toward our owners

Can't be bothered to comment on that.

:wink:
  • Options
    Be even less comments next season unless the regime sell (which it appears they won't)
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

45 comments so far...

It was a boring, turgid game where Coventry were slightly less poor than us. It really is a crap away day - miles from the town and station, soulless ground, the only place to get a nearby beer is Frankie & Benny's. There is nowhere near the station to top up supplies for the trip home. The town is an oddball mash up of high street and housing estate.

As a car driver I completely disagree, Just a stones throw from the m6 and a huge car park just a short walk from the ground . Only problem was that it took 15-20 mins to exit the car park & 50 mph restrictions for about 15 miles on the M1 going home - apart from that v easy to get to. Shame they've gone down.
  • Options

Just got back in. What a woeful team we are. Never seen such a disjointed side & the passing was atrocious. pas, pass, pass, around the back 4 and then play it to a midfielder who cant control it - when he does he then gives it away to an opponent. I've seen better pub teams. No idea what they practice in training, or even if they do any training. Corners either hit the first defender or go straight to the 'keeper.

Only players that come out with any credit are Da Silva, Holmes & Rudd.........Rudd made a couple of excellent saves & if wasn't fort him over the last 2 games we could be staring relegation in the face.

Cant wait for this season to be over.

Could probably have copied and pasted that and posted it for anyone of about 25 of our games this season
  • Options

RedPanda said:

45 comments so far...

It was a boring, turgid game where Coventry were slightly less poor than us. It really is a crap away day - miles from the town and station, soulless ground, the only place to get a nearby beer is Frankie & Benny's. There is nowhere near the station to top up supplies for the trip home. The town is an oddball mash up of high street and housing estate.

As a car driver I completely disagree, Just a stones throw from the m6 and a huge car park just a short walk from the ground . Only problem was that it took 15-20 mins to exit the car park & 50 mph restrictions for about 15 miles on the M1 going home - apart from that v easy to get to. Shame they've gone down.
    I ended up driving to this one, but it's not something I prefer, given the option of public transport. I parked in one of the "private" car parks, a bit further away but very quick in and out
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I know it's the Easter weekend but i think the fact that this thread has only got almost 50 comments, especially given how many we took up there y'day, speaks volumes about how little people care with this regime at the moment and how far we've fallen.

We've had another shit, draining season and the 50 odd comments are just another good manifestation of apathy toward our owners

People boycotting in protest at the over promotion of a young and under qualified moderator.