Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:

Grimsby away years ago and a police horse, something like that.

I was told Brighton away, 7-0 loss early 80’s, major tear up in the park outside the goldstone after the game, OB fell off his horse as it reared up during the melee, almost happened at Horwich station after Bolton FA cup QF game as well
    Brighton away, 70’s
  • Options
    razil said:

Surely any division of freeholds and change of ownership of any of them would trigger acv which still has 6 months left, being a de facto separation/sale of ground from part of the club?

I didn’t understand a word of that?
  • Options

cfgs said:

Well hopefully this is the last time I will post this.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF.

Desperately need some good news after last night so please let the takeover be confirmed soon.

I for one will miss this eloquent prose.
    Seven simple words, perfectly selected and assembled. Unmistakable message with clear instructions. I'm thinking of having it tattooed onto my being.
    Is that a euphemism?
  • Options
    OK apologies for being a trusting optimist, maybe the Aussies are really minted but have seen that fans are saying we have lost our sense of ownership of the club, so they offer a symbolic share issue. This gives us a voice again, the potential for an elected board member again and the chance to be a part of what they are building.

Or they can't even afford a jar of Vegimite.
  • Options
    Are the Aussies really any closer than they were two months ago?

I have a feeling Thursdays visit was a pressure applying exercise.
  • Options

I heard from what I consider to be a credible source today, the deal may well entail the club leasing the Valley from Duchâtelet, Duchâtelet being paid all existing add-ons from previous player sales, and a percentage of ALL future player sales.

In addition, the new owners are considering a new share issue to provide the required working capital.

If there is any truth in this, I fear we have a long way to go before we are rid of Duchâtelet's malign influence on our football club.

I was told the same re the share issue Thursday night after the game. They are looking to raise £50 million.
  • Options

There was a bloke worth $870m at the valley Thursday with a Charlton scarf round his neck, how can the Aussies have no money?

And how much is Roly worth? Having plenty of money doesn't mean you are going to pour untold dosh into the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

Scoham said:
    Slightly concerning if the new owners don't have 40m to buy him out completely
    Been my concern with the Aussie bid all along that they don’t have the money needed to run the club

I will wait and see what the official line is before getting excited

If someone doesn’t have 40 mil to buy us out lock stock and smoking barrels then there is serious implications on them being able to make us compete in this league let alone any other ambitious plans they may think they can achieve

Just asking if there’s a reason why someone wouldn’t want to pay all the money immediately?

Or is it sale or return?
    If you were buying the club for £50m, would you think a deal to pay £30m and the balance of £20m back at the rate of 10% of youth player sales a good one?
    I’m simply asking the question, which nobody has given any answer too, what benefit if any, would it be to a buyer, not to pay everything upfront?
    The debt carries a 3% rate of interest. If I was a wealthy entrepreneur I would be looking to make nearer 20% on my capital. So if I can use someone else’s capital at a cost of 3% I use my own £40m of capital elsewhere earning 20% leaving me 17% after paying back the loan.
  • Options

There was a bloke worth $870m at the valley Thursday with a Charlton scarf round his neck, how can the Aussies have no money?

It’s not his money that he wants to use mate
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Having cart loads of dosh don't mean they/them/him/her or those still to determine are going to spend it.Settle for some proper football /sport people who understand OUR club ,get the fans genuinely involved,get rid of the toxic Pitch PR and Burger Van Boy.

Good Bye Horse either Brighton or QPR away and plod deffo came off the horse at Bolton last seen being dragged down the platform utter filth they were that day
  • Options
    £50m in shares? Hahahahaha

5,000 max people interested at an average of £500 each gives £2,500,000

• Options

Redrobo said:

Scoham said:
    Slightly concerning if the new owners don't have 40m to buy him out completely
    Been my concern with the Aussie bid all along that they don’t have the money needed to run the club

I will wait and see what the official line is before getting excited

If someone doesn’t have 40 mil to buy us out lock stock and smoking barrels then there is serious implications on them being able to make us compete in this league let alone any other ambitious plans they may think they can achieve

Just asking if there’s a reason why someone wouldn’t want to pay all the money immediately?

Or is it sale or return?
    If you were buying the club for £50m, would you think a deal to pay £30m and the balance of £20m back at the rate of 10% of youth player sales a good one?
    I’m simply asking the question, which nobody has given any answer too, what benefit if any, would it be to a buyer, not to pay everything upfront?
    The debt carries a 3% rate of interest. If I was a wealthy entrepreneur I would be looking to make nearer 20% on my capital. So if I can use someone else’s capital at a cost of 3% I use my own £40m of capital elsewhere earning 20% leaving me 17% after paying back the loan.
    I don't doubt you, Dipps, but tell me please - if I was a wealthy entrepreneur how would I make 20% on my capital?
  • Options

So it looks the aussies have no money then

This is looking increasingly more likely, notgood.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

So it looks the aussies have no money then

Muir has plenty of money. He is just not prepared to throw it about like a mad man so RD can get his cash back.

I’m not worried in the slightest.
    Actually, he doesn’t have that much money when you look at the costs of running a very successful football club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Are the Aussies really any closer than they were two months ago?

I have a feeling Thursdays visit was a pressure applying exercise.

They don't sell match tickets for the directors box as far as I can tell. Somebody must have invited or approved of Mr Muir being there.
  • Options
    I would be inclined to buy a very modest number of shares, but absolutely not if Duchatelet owns any part of the club.
    It would be absurd to oppose him then financially associate with him.
  • Options
    What needs to happen is realistic expectations, whatever happens after RD will need to be received by the fan base with patience

That will be the most difficult thing for many

If the rumours are right and it’s the Aussie lot then spending our way out of the league will be unlikely

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!