Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    There are some posters who know an awful lot about "bollox fed out to put us off the scent", so maybe that's a comment worth noting.  
    and there's some who know f~~k all but are prepared to analyse the arse out of every little scrap of information - over and over and over again... 
    No.  Everyone knows fuck all.  It's just that some pretend otherwise. 
    This is what the takeover thread does, I find myself agreeing with this guy.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    There are some posters who know an awful lot about "bollox fed out to put us off the scent", so maybe that's a comment worth noting.  
    and there's some who know f~~k all but are prepared to analyse the arse out of every little scrap of information - over and over and over again... 
    and there's a third species that knows naff all, pretends otherwise, rubbishes any information whatever the source and enjoys winding people up, for kudos from fellow keyboard worriers with even less to occupy their time
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:

I've never pretended to know anything - I've passed on information from very good sources - get over it 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Ok, it’s not earth shattering of course...
    It’s possible that one Aussie investor is fed up with the waiting game. Probably a key investor. May want to set deadline to force some sort of conclusion, or may have done already. Especially with the ‘European’ consortium showing interest.

And the same family issues apply this year as last year, for GM, although missing that window is not critical for the bid overall. 
    GM, after post Wembley conversations, has gone very quiet which I hope is a good sign, so this ‘info’ comes from my other source, who has been accurate in the past. Of course anything could have changed since I received it a couple of days ago. 

i was feeling pretty negative about anything happening, and this possibly improves the likelihood of progress, a little bit. It may also potentially increase the chances of the bid collapsing. 
    Quite nervous about passing on even limited info for obvious reasons. 
    Thanks for that detail, James. I was pretty negative until really RD is not only looking for someone to pay for his mistakes in running the club, but also appears to want someone to pay for his negligent due diligence. So now I'm even more negative.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    [1933 Jimmy Seed became manager of Charlton. Just sayin’.]
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    1933 Jimmy Seed became manager of Charlton. Just sayin’. 
    Who??  ;)
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    Shouldn't that be - everyone knows fuck all, but some people know more fuck all than others 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This whole thing has been a right stitch up from start to finish.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    We will needle the help we can get in order to make it through this next season if Roland doesn’t sell.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    If I’m going on what Jimmy Seed has said, I reckon the Aussies have given Duchatelet an ultimatum. You either accept our deal as it is or we’re walking away coz we’re fed up with the games.

Would be good timing on the back of Dalman doing the same.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Can’t we all just forget about RD for a moment and focus our attention on Bowyer and the excellent group of players he has put together? 

At at some point the club will be sold. Until then it’s really not worth wasting your energy on.
  • Options
    I have stopped pinning my hopes on a deal before the start of the season.
  • Options
    Can’t we all just forget about RD for a moment and focus our attention on Bowyer and the excellent group of players he has put together? 

At at some point the club will be sold. Until then it’s really not worth wasting your energy on.

yet here you are ..
  • Options

I agree. They seem a tight-knit group 
  • Options

yet here you are ..

As much as I want to I can’t keep away! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Aha! 150+ new posts! Something must have happened. 

When will I learn?
    Catching up on the take-over *chortle*, is about the 3rd most important reason I open this thread up, behind looking for arguments and learning new fish / sewing puns.

It was pinned so I got notifications, but not anymore 

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    and there's a third species that knows naff all, pretends otherwise, rubbishes any information whatever the source and enjoys winding people up, for kudos from fellow keyboard worriers with even less to occupy their time
    And then there’s Colin ...
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I wish we could go back to the old days, when people like @BDL came on here and only shared, important, factual and very relevant information.  

BDL said:
    Fuck off, I've had a liquid lunch and I'm pissed. Hayes you utter Thunder, had hoped it had all gone under the radar. Addicted, fuck off. (still love you though) And I can assure you all that the info I was told came from a completely different source from Airman. So there. As for Fanny's hot pants. I nearly had a heart attack at the thought. Right, I'm off to sober up.

That is a normal day for Dave. 
  • Options

Wrong thread mate. You need the transfer rumours one :). This is the non existent Charlton takeover thread. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:

Not sure where the logical conclusion to this is but there are some who would have absolutely zero to say if they didn't chuck a load of over exaggerated nonsense into their posts but each to their own.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:

Not sure where the logical conclusion to this is but there are some who would have absolutely zero to say if they didn't chuck a load of over exaggerated nonsense into their posts but each to their own.

sorry cabbles, hadn't read your post before I posted this
  • Options

Easier said than done
  • Options
    You have to admire my young nephews initiative 

edit: not sure if it’s him or someone he follows. 

What are they going to sew? A new pair of shoes?
    Heard the duct tape on Roland's shoe is starting to wear a little thin
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    And then there’s Colin ...
    I think he should be allowed back on, I'd sacrifice my place on here for that!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!