Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    This is RD wiotos
  • Options
    BBC reporting takeover closing in
    Telly or Website?
  • Options
    1771, Spain cedes The Falkland Islands to Britain.
  • Options
      Nothing new but out out today for some reason?
  • Options
    Year ago today! haha
  • Options
    Maybe because it's a year old!

Doh. Don't mind me!
  • Options
    Was in 2018...?
  • Options
    Look at the date - a year ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     Sorry folks, my post was just an attempt at diversionary light humour:

‘Aussies lowering what they’ll accept, in order to get the sale through. They were asking for 33m, now 30m.’

i.e. as the club is losing so much money, maybe Roland should be paying someone to take it off his hands.

Unfortunately he might be ‘offering the club for £1’, but he still seems to be convinced the land is worth a fortune. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

At 6:47pm yesterday the same person said Bowyer would sign a 1 year extension tomorrow.
    "Tax reasons" = utter bollocks - I don't doubt you were told that but it simply doesn't wash
     either just the "tax" thing is bollocks or the whole thing is bollocks
    why anyone would still be making this shit up is incomprehensible - seems like roly's special brand of toxic deluded lies is spreading even to previously cogent sane people
    Tax year end 30th June here in Australia....just saying.......
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Scoham said:

At 6:47pm yesterday the same person said Bowyer would sign a 1 year extension tomorrow.
    "Tax reasons" = utter bollocks - I don't doubt you were told that but it simply doesn't wash
    why anyone would still be making this shit up is incomprehensible - seems like roly's special brand of toxic deluded lies is spreading even to previously cogent sane people
    Cool - maybe they are waiting to get their rebates to boost the kitty
  • Options

JamesSeed said:
    sam3110 said:
    What have I missed?
    Nothing much, just some casual racism and the Aussies lowering their offer despite RD already saying it's not enough
    Aussies lowering what they’ll accept, in order to get the sale through. They were asking for 33m, now 30m. 
    Who was asking for 33m ?

do you mean offering 33m 
    Think that was a joke. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Scoham said:

Just like someone said this time last year 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Scoham said:

Just like someone said this time last year 
    And repeat... 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I accept I have played a part in this thread being derailed more than once, but the mods clearly don't want to see this current line of discussion continuing as two posters have shown a level of being offended by it. 

To continue is to ignore this and is disrespectful to those offended as well as the mods. 

Let's move on chaps.

We have this amazing takeover to not talk about as nothing is happening! #teamNLA #WIOTOS (but not by Roland)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Really looking forward to find out what happened in the year 1773. 

Mentioned this earlier never been so happy to see happyvalley.
  • Options
    alangee said:
    addick05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Uboat said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    These jokes all look the same to me.
    Please can we not - I hear this sort of stuff every week, and reading it "in jest" is properly tiresome - and worse coming from fellow Charlton fans
    Whose a little old Mr Misery guts today then...........bless.
     Mr Misery Guts as you put it... Has Chinese relatives I believe... Or at least far eastern relatives.

Remember everybody it's only racist if you're white making jokes about other races or religions, especially if you're not intending to offend and only playing on the stereotypes...

But then we've all got dodgy teeth, have butlers, can't fight and apologise after sex.

(Despite the fact I have more Italian and Romanian heritage than I do English)
    Is this you?

Nope. I have never heard that joke being about a Chinese Dentist. It was always just "what time is dentist o'clock".

I was bullied at school when kids found out I was more Italian and Romanian than I was English. Used to get called a gypsy a lot (being a Charlton fan, palace fans keep that one going even now), had kids asking if I could get them the latest big issue, telling me that my father (who was an aircraft engineer) was a modern day slave, could he do a driveway on the cheap etc. They focused more on the Romanian than the Italian, though greasy Italian was certainly thrown at me a few times.

Just an opinion. I know we all handle offence differently but my mum taught me sticks and stones.

When I learned to laugh at those sterotypes, simply because they were so wrong, I felt much happier for it and it helped me to feel less insecure about my heritage.

I appreciate we all handle these things differently, but I am reasonably certain no one on here intended to cause either Paddy, Seth or any other fan of any race offence. 

Your mum was right! Then again, kids can be cruel and not just when it comes to race. Sadly, a part of growing up and will never change. Someone 'different' will always attract the wrong kind of attention, and as you say, it's how YOU deal with it.
    So racism is something the victim is responsible for dealing with?

Not the racist, not the bully, not the ignorant but the victim.  

Yes, all people have to learn to "deal" with what is thrown at them but it seems that when Paddy does this by first asking people not to and then explaining why the "jokes" are racist and hurtful he is a "misery", it's "PC gone mad" (yawn) and "you all look the same" while the racist "jokes" are OK as people should be able to "deal" with it.

And this isn't coming from kids, it's coming from supposedly grown adults, here, now in 2019.

You should get a promote for that comment alone, Henry.
    Good post, but promote? Nah
    #Seed 3 Irving 0

;-)
  • Options
    What’s Dalman up to, anyone know?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    alangee said:
    addick05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Uboat said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    These jokes all look the same to me.
    Please can we not - I hear this sort of stuff every week, and reading it "in jest" is properly tiresome - and worse coming from fellow Charlton fans
    Whose a little old Mr Misery guts today then...........bless.
     Mr Misery Guts as you put it... Has Chinese relatives I believe... Or at least far eastern relatives.

Remember everybody it's only racist if you're white making jokes about other races or religions, especially if you're not intending to offend and only playing on the stereotypes...

But then we've all got dodgy teeth, have butlers, can't fight and apologise after sex.

(Despite the fact I have more Italian and Romanian heritage than I do English)
    Is this you?

Nope. I have never heard that joke being about a Chinese Dentist. It was always just "what time is dentist o'clock".

I was bullied at school when kids found out I was more Italian and Romanian than I was English. Used to get called a gypsy a lot (being a Charlton fan, palace fans keep that one going even now), had kids asking if I could get them the latest big issue, telling me that my father (who was an aircraft engineer) was a modern day slave, could he do a driveway on the cheap etc. They focused more on the Romanian than the Italian, though greasy Italian was certainly thrown at me a few times.

Just an opinion. I know we all handle offence differently but my mum taught me sticks and stones.

When I learned to laugh at those sterotypes, simply because they were so wrong, I felt much happier for it and it helped me to feel less insecure about my heritage.

I appreciate we all handle these things differently, but I am reasonably certain no one on here intended to cause either Paddy, Seth or any other fan of any race offence. 

Your mum was right! Then again, kids can be cruel and not just when it comes to race. Sadly, a part of growing up and will never change. Someone 'different' will always attract the wrong kind of attention, and as you say, it's how YOU deal with it.
    So racism is something the victim is responsible for dealing with?

Not the racist, not the bully, not the ignorant but the victim.  

Yes, all people have to learn to "deal" with what is thrown at them but it seems that when Paddy does this by first asking people not to and then explaining why the "jokes" are racist and hurtful he is a "misery", it's "PC gone mad" (yawn) and "you all look the same" while the racist "jokes" are OK as people should be able to "deal" with it.

And this isn't coming from kids, it's coming from supposedly grown adults, here, now in 2019.

You should get a promote for that comment alone, Henry.
    Good post, but promote? Nah
    #Seed 3 Irving 0

;-)

Totally agree.

(Munro 4)

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Please god let it be Dalman and not the "consortium".

I appreciate that it has probably been RD's failure but over 2 years of farting around?  How are decisions going to be made and I am still concerned that there simply isn't going to be enough money.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Oggy Red said:

Mrs Redmidland gave birth to a son! ;)
    Watch it ..... RedMid is about the same age as me! :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    T_C_E said:
    Oggy Red said:

Mrs Redmidland gave birth to a son! ;)
    Watch it ..... RedMid is about the same age as me! :smile:

No one is that old Oggy. ;)
    P.s..... He the same age as my Missus. 
  • Options
    Please god let it be Dalman and not the "consortium".

I appreciate that it has probably been RD's failure but over 2 years of farting around?  How are decisions going to be made and I am still concerned that there simply isn't going to be enough money.
    Dalman's had his chance, still not put the money up while basking in the publicity.  Clearly disloyal to Cardiff too and just in it for his own ego and importance. Don't want him anywhere near the club.

NB: if Roland or Dalman are reading this this is irony
  • Options
    We did it .... we got to page 1773. But where are you Happy Valley?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!