Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    the lack of any news from anyone is concerning. Is there nothing from any party?
  • Options
    No news from the South Island.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

markmc68 said:

Spoke with someone at the club last week. His view on the sale is that Aussies don't have the dough to start with and fawaz isn't in the frame. I haven't bothered reading anything before this post so if it's already been mentioned I apologise.

You must have been talking to @nth london addick :wink:
    Ha ha not me mate ain’t been anywhere near ground in months
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

The last six pages of this thread got me power-scrolling again, only stopping for big likes on posts.
    Where do you boys find the time!?

I’m on the train from Birmingham to Euston trying to catch up on this thread. The train is travelling faster than I can read though.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

The last six pages of this thread got me power-scrolling again, only stopping for big likes on posts.

I’m on the train from Birmingham to Euston trying to catch up on this thread. The train is travelling faster than I can read though.
    According to the theory of relativity you will arrive in Euston before the post has been posted.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

the lack of any news from anyone is concerning. Is there nothing from any party?

Heard nothing from RedBull
  • Options
    It ain't happening.
  • Options

It ain't happening.

Alright sherlock
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Only the Labour party
  • Options

Valley11 said:

According to the theory of relativity you will arrive in Euston before the post has been posted.
    What post?
    By the way Bartram played a blinder Saturday as usual didn’t he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

They are Plymouth directors. The grey-haired one is Michael Dunford, their chief executive.

So we are being bought by the Plymouth owners and will ground share at Home Park.

Huge potential to build a bigger stadium, large catchment area too.

Assume a merger as Charlton Argyle is the next logical and essential step.

You unicorn lovers will complain but we have to move to be successful in the premier league, there is no other way.

@Oggy Red and @charente addick will be happy.
    And you'll get more than 14 chips and a proper Cornish pasty.

you'd be the wrong side of the Tamar for that
    Good spot, Lincs.

Outside the ground, I believe they're Ivor Dewdney's pasties, made in Plymouth - so you'd be right, but I find them fine.
    Their bakery is only a mile or so from the border at the River Tamar, but by definition not quite Cornish.

Ginsters, who sponsor Argyle and whose pasties can be bought in the ground, are made in Callington in Cornwall - so at least qualify as "Cornish"
    But you don't want to be buying one of they, down here living in Cornwall, we regard them as factory produced supermarket fodder .... 'tis not a proper pasty, boy.

Rowes or even Warren's make a much better Cornish pasty, but I really like Chough's in Padstow, baked on the premises.
    http://www.thechoughbakery.co.uk/

Yep, Chough’s in Padstow the best I’ve ever had. And I’ve had a few :-))
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

They are Plymouth directors. The grey-haired one is Michael Dunford, their chief executive.

So we are being bought by the Plymouth owners and will ground share at Home Park.

You unicorn lovers will complain but we have to move to be successful in the premier league, there is no other way.

Good spot, Lincs.

Outside the ground, I believe they're Ivor Dewdney's pasties, made in Plymouth - so you'd be right, but I find them fine.
    Their bakery is only a mile or so from the border at the River Tamar, but by definition not quite Cornish.

Ginsters, who sponsor Argyle and whose pasties can be bought in the ground, are made in Callington in Cornwall - so at least qualify as "Cornish"
    But you don't want to be buying one of they, down here living in Cornwall, we regard them as factory produced supermarket fodder .... 'tis not a proper pasty, boy.

Rowes or even Warren's make a much better Cornish pasty, but I really like Chough's in Padstow, baked on the premises.

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Good spot, Lincs.

Ah ..... I'd always wondered why you called yourself LargeAddick. :smile:

• Options

What’s everyone’s favourite pot noodle flavour? Microwave or kettle?

Beef and Tomato or Sticky Ribs

Always Kettle
    Sticky Ribs? Where have I been!? Top of the next shopping list! (When back in the UK of course!).
    https://www.potnoodle.com/products/sticky-rib-flavour

Very nice @bazjonster
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Good spot, Lincs.

Chough's are very good, but I've had nice pasties all over Cornwall. Pasties in Padstow (like everything else there) are more expensive too!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Given that this thread is now the repository of anything and everything from the theory of relativity to Cornish pasties I would like to pose the following question:

In the manner of the Schrodinger's cat experiment - is the takeover simultaneously both alive and dead?
  • Options

Given that this thread is now the repository of anything and everything from the theory of relativity to Cornish pasties I would like to pose the following question:

In the manner of the Schrodinger's cat experiment - is the takeover simultaneously both alive and dead?

In intensive care. Henry by the bedside. A few in church praying. Most out partying!🍺
  • Options

you can check but you can never leave

That's precisely what roland has done at the hotel Charlton
  • Options
    So Muir has sold more of his old businesses property.

Could mean nothing, could mean everything

It is Tuesday today, the start of Roland's puppets working week.

#TeamWRCRI
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Good spot, Lincs.

Chough's are very good, but I've had nice pasties all over Cornwall. Pasties in Padstow (like everything else there) are more expensive too!
    Presume it's pronounced chuff ...like the bird ...I once got chatting to a lady in north Wales who ran a bird sanctuary who told me with a straight face that she was longing to show me her chuff.

Ps hope this is a move away from pasties and to suggestive bird names
    I bet you were well chuffed
  • Options
    We used to have blue tits.

Then we got central heating😁
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

#TeamWRCRI

Takeover Tuesday...
  • Options
    Tit Talk Tuesday...
  • Options

cafcwill said:

#TeamWRCRI

Takeover Tuesday...
    which is followed always by Wallow-in-despair-Wednesday
  • Options

cafcwill said:

#TeamWRCRI

Takeover Tuesday...
    which is followed always by Wallow-in-despair-Wednesday
    Looking forward to Thunder-pant-Thursday and Fuck-off-Roland-Friday then
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    1-2-3 snaps finger and...back to the takeover thread...

As Bowyer & Jacko have sorted the playing side of things and is looking rosy, could RD Out’s tactics turn to supporting our dynamic duo to the nearest minimum on to promotion in order to reach his target price. This meaning the Bowyer and Jacko are shooting the ideal of the takeover in the foot?

1-2-3 snaps finger and...your back to Cornish pasties and the surreal amalgamation of Charlton Argyle...
  • Options
    All this waiting for the takeover is giving me the RAVEN hump
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

1-2-3 snaps finger and...back to the takeover thread...

As Bowyer & Jacko have sorted the playing side of things and is looking rosy, could RD Out’s tactics turn to supporting our dynamic duo to the nearest minimum on to promotion in order to reach his target price. This meaning the Bowyer and Jacko are shooting the ideal of the takeover in the foot?

1-2-3 snaps finger and...your back to Cornish pasties and the surreal amalgamation of Charlton Argyle...

I was thinking the same. A little backing in January and maybe a left back now and he could be selling a Championship club. He may even get a taste for it!

God forbid.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!