Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonatan Johansson

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I don't get this great finisher stuff. I loved him but he was as lethal as Bartlett. something like a 1 in 5 record at best!

He had a golden 6 months with us when he first signed.

After that he was more a scorer of great goals than a great scorer of goals...4 or 5 a season was his record, as he got properly Charltonised! To be fair, he didn't play down the middle so much did he, being used more in wide areas?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

I don't get this great finisher stuff. I loved him but he was as lethal as Bartlett. something like a 1 in 5 record at best!

Which is better than a lot of our recent strikers :wink:
  • Options
    Brilliant to the injury, and then as someone said, he lost a yard of pace, and didn't seem the same. But that first 4-5 months he was amazing, remember a game against Cov (Hunt's last one?) where he was utterly unplayable.

Also remember a brilliant goal in the Carling Cup against Stoke
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Brilliant to the injury, and then as someone said, he lost a yard of pace, and didn't seem the same. But that first 4-5 months he was amazing, remember a game against Cov (Hunt's last one?) where he was utterly unplayable.

Also remember a brilliant goal in the Carling Cup against Stoke

Yeah, he hit the bar and Hunt followed it up to score with his last ever touch as a professional. He was subbed immediately and sat on the bench clearly mouthing "I'm f****d!".
  • Options
    seth plum said:

He was the launchpad for our survival after our bounce back promotion. A hugely significant signing because of that.
    He was a really good player, a proper footballer as it were who demonstrably had a range of skills a cut above the average, even for the prem in those days.
    Could have a turn of pace, a bit of skill, a decent header, and unerring cool finishing at times.

This, all day long. His goals kept us up and he was the difference that season.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Now Bartlett was a great player.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Scored a PL goal of the season. Similar scoring record to JJ
  • Options
    Remember PV telling me that try to get him the first season we were in the Premiership, didn't get him and got Pringle instead. Always seem to place the ball in the net.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Scored a PL goal of the season. Similar scoring record to JJ
    Held the ball up well and did so much hard work to help the team.
  • Options
    The winner against Spurs after the sublime dummy by, I think, Stuart, stands out. The bicycle kicks were a bit of a novelty for Charlton. He didn't seem the same player after that first serious injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And what was that Marian? 
  • Options
    Marian just may well be a very clever guy who knows the say the right things but I quite like him