Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boys of Summer 2017

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1254679983/chcstl-grichuk-comes-through-with-walkoff-single

Cards beat the Cubs in the opening game 4 - 3 with a walk off single. We're back.

And the new intentional walk rule was used. Looks odd but should speed the game up.

Yankees and Giants lost too.

Sorry, what sport is this? Did you really use 'we'!?

And didn't you know it's Paris-Roubaix next weekend? Possibly the best single day sports event in the world!
    I thought she was a French millionaire's daughter...
  • Options
    My team the Braves play the Mets on Tuesday.
    Poor prospects this season .
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1254679983/chcstl-grichuk-comes-through-with-walkoff-single

Cards beat the Cubs in the opening game 4 - 3 with a walk off single. We're back.

And the new intentional walk rule was used. Looks odd but should speed the game up.

Yankees and Giants lost too.

Sorry, what sport is this? Did you really use 'we'!?

And didn't you know it's Paris-Roubaix next weekend? Possibly the best single day sports event in the world!
    The world's second best sport after football.

And of course I say "we" as I'm a Cards fan

4-3. Must be baseball. Cards must be Cardinals. You see, I'm learning.
  • Options
    Do you like Barack Obama? SDAddick? Misery? Being the lesser team in a city despite the fact that the other team is famous for being cursed to never win anything (last year excepted)? Then support the Chicago White Sox!
  • Options
    Go Sox! One step closer to 162-0 ;)

Kimbrel made me nervous though, $13m closer and you're throwing 20+ pitches and allowing two base runners...
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

Go Sox! One step closer to 162-0 ;)

Kimbrel made me nervous though, $13m closer and you're throwing 20+ pitches and allowing two base runners...

Got a bit squeaky at the end. Porcello looked good (got him in one of my fantasy teams) but it showed tonight that if they fall short this year it'll probably be due to the pen.

Still opening day win is always good especially with the Yankees losing. Lovely stuff.
  • Options
    Just watched the Braves on TVs get smashed not looking good for this season
  • Options

My team the Braves play the Mets on Tuesday.
    Poor prospects this season .

Wrong day ,it was Monday. Atlanta 0 Mets 6
  • Options
    Excellent Red Sox pitching tonight. Chris Sale looks like he'll be a local hero very quickly.

No score into the bottom of the 12th, and the Sox win on 3 run homer.
  • Options
    Good to see the Sox bullpen staying scoreless with only 2 hits through 5 full innings.
    As @colthe3rd said earlier, the bullpen could be the weak link in this Red Sox team, so it's pleasing to see a strong early performance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off to a good start in Baltimore, though I think we'll be short on pitching this year.
  • Options
    Braves won last night in 12th innings watched Cleveland the other night recover from 5-1 down to win 8-5 against the Texans looked very impressive
  • Options
    I just saw this. Someone tweeted it out, and it's an amazing thought.

This season is the first season since 1885 when either Connie Mack or Vin Scully have not been working in baseball in some capacity.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    It's good to see my Mariners have gotten off to a flying start

• Options
    Cardinals poor start, more inconsistent than Charlton.
  • Options
    Red Sox have an injury / illness list that makes you wonder whether the CAFC physio team have made the move to Fenway Park.

When they get their full line up out, and Price is back to compliment Sale and Porcello we should be well placed.
  • Options
    My Rays have got off to a good start against tha Yanks and Blue Jays at home 5-2, test will now be on the road
  • Options
    Diamondbacks sitting pretty at the top of the NL West, won't last
  • Options
    Cards doing terrible by their standards .500 but still in it as everyone else is average too.

Cubs not as good as last year but still top.

Giants struggling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cesperdes and Syndergaard out long term for the Mets already. Shipping 23 runs against the Nationals in the process to sitting bottom of the National League East
  • Options
    My Dodgers have made an OK start in the NL West but still very early days. Can't say I'm disappointed with the Giants poor start but I dare say they'll improve as the season goes on.
  • Options
    Red Sox have been somewhat disappointing so far, especially with the recent nonsense with the Orioles. Neither team covering themselves in glory.

Panda "injured" already. Bullpen questionable. No homeruns to speak of. Farrell struggling to lead again.
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

Red Sox have been somewhat disappointing so far, especially with the recent nonsense with the Orioles. Neither team covering themselves in glory.

Panda "injured" already. Bullpen questionable. No homeruns to speak of. Farrell struggling to lead again.

Agree with all of that aside from the bullpen.

They have been pretty damn good. Barnes and Hembree have been good lead up to lights out Kimbrel. My main concern is lack of power and an error prone and offensively weak third base
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Off to see the Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Rays. 2 of the worst teams in the American League at the moment. It's a good job I am used to watching the lower end quality in sport these days....
  • Options
    Anyone got a good streaming site? Will try to watch as many games as possible this season - anything to fill the Charlton shaped space in my life
  • Options
    Mobile preferably!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    EastStand said:

Anyone got a good streaming site? Will try to watch as many games as possible this season - anything to fill the Charlton shaped space in my life

If you're going to watch a lot of games, you might as well subscribe to MLB tv. They show every game live, highlights, radio, gameday etc. It's great on iPad or mobile too. It's about £90 for the year, so a bit of an initial outlay, but you're covered for the whole season including post-season. Also, if you've got an Apple TV box you can play it straight through that.
    I've had it for the last four years. For a fan it's worth every penny.
  • Options
    Cubs at Cards on BT now. Local derby
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Astros look like a World Series winning team at the moment. Sports Illustrated had a front cover prediction from 2015 that they would be contenders in 2017.